Small Questions v 10078

Stubby

Well she did go east before going west, and some have reinterpreted "pass beneath the shadow" to mean a literal shadow, like the shadow cast by Drogon.

But Dany assumes Quaithe is talking about Asshai & says "What will I find in Asshai that I will not in Qarth" & Quaithe says "Truth." So even if she is wrong in assuming its Asshai she believes it is. You would think she would go there. Or maybe she decides she is done with all this prophecy nonsense & says "Screw it, I'm doing what I want!" Lol

Imagine the Dance of Dragons had not happened, and Rhaenyra took the throne. I'm assuming she would actually rule, but what do you think her uncle/husband's role would be? Would he be allowed to sit the throne in her absence? Would he have been counted as a Targaryen king?

Imagine the Dance of Dragons had not happened, and Rhaenyra took the throne. I'm assuming she would actually rule, but what do you think her uncle/husband's role would be? Would he be allowed to sit the throne in her absence? Would he have been counted as a Targaryen king?

King Consort.

Either King Consort, or Prince Consort, I'd say.

But I doubt he would have counted as Targaryen King, as in reigning king, since the throne would have been Rhaenyra's. But she seemed to trust him a lot, so I'd say she would allow him to sit the throne if she herself was not available.

I'm sure a king can knight men.

ETA: Essentially, in medieval monarchies, until kings gave away their powers to parliaments (which don't exist in Westeros) all power and title resided in the king, so a king would be able to knight whoever he wanted to.

I realize it's present day, but I doubt Queen Elizabeth ever had a go at a quintain but she knights people all the same. There are records of nobles and clergy knighting men outside of other knights and the monarch as well.

Just to add a little fuel to the Robert fire I have to point out that in Meera's story to Bran, which is about knights, as he specifically asked for them, she always refers to Robert as just the storm lord. And I think knights are just the lowest social rank allowed to participate in tourneys, not the only one. Either way I haven't found mention of Robert's knighthood save for Selmy's comment that was mentioned earlier.

Maybe in the reach knights are the lowest social order allowed. However we see many examples of non-knights riding in the joust (Brandon, Jory, the Hound), fighting in the melee (Thoros), and archery (Anguy).

I realize it's present day, but I doubt Queen Elizabeth ever had a go at a quintain but she knights people all the same. There are records of nobles and clergy knighting men outside of other knights and the monarch as well.

Maybe in the reach knights are the lowest social order allowed. However we see many examples of non-knights riding in the joust (Brandon, Jory, the Hound), fighting in the melee (Thoros), and archery (Anguy).

That's because the person hosting the Tourney is allowed to choose the rules. Said person can choose to hold a tourney for Knights only, like happened in Ashford in 209AC, or a tourney open for all who can fight, like what most likely happened during the Tourney of the Hand in 298AC.

Either King Consort, or Prince Consort, I'd say.

But I doubt he would have counted as Targaryen King, as in reigning king, since the throne would have been Rhaenyra's. But she seemed to trust him a lot, so I'd say she would allow him to sit the throne if she herself was not available.

My understanding is that only the Hand can sit the IT if the Kingb is unavailable. When Cersei was regent she kept her buns off the seat, no?

Quaithes prophecy does not necessarily imply that Dany needs to go to Asshai. Some believe that that part of the prophecy was fulfilled in Dany's last chapter in Dance (The shadow referring to Drogon). Others believe that the prophecy will be fulfilled in TWoW (The shadow referring to shadow cast by The Mother of Mountains where Dany had the vision of the crones kneeling before her).

Also, wasnt the SSM made pre Feast for Crows? I seem to remember something about George initially envisioned Dany going to Asshai but that got scrapped with the 5 year gap

My understanding is that only the Hand can sit the IT if the Kingb is unavailable. When Cersei was regent she kept her buns off the seat, no?

Right that's why I asked if he would be allowed to sit the throne, he would be a king no?

That's because the person hosting the Tourney is allowed to choose the rules. Said person can choose to hold a tourney for Knights only, like happened in Ashford in 209AC, or a tourney open for all who can fight, like what most likely happened during the Tourney of the Hand in 298AC.

Yes which is what I was saying. The Reach follows chivalry and knighthood the most. The other regions, not so much, as someone already pointed out in the thread.

Archived