chapter 70 Jon

Throstle

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jon snow has been one of my favourite characters throughout the books series, although in ADWD sometimes he could be a real arse haha. But I guess it was just the pressure of trying to rebuild the wall to it's former glory and keep everyone totally and utterly alive. I couldn't believe that chapter, I knew something bad was coming, but never coulda thunk it to be that. Classic GRRM cliffhanger.

I so hope he survives even though he's nearly died or at least almost stared death in the face what seems like 100 times haha :)

Can't see how he pulls through as even though the stabbings may be survivable, it seems as though he is surrounded by men who are intent on killing him as the chapter ends. Really sucks because Jon has always been one of my favorite characters (though I'm not a fan of how he handled the wall as LC letting the wildlings through and all)...

Can't see how he pulls through as even though the stabbings may be survivable, it seems as though he is surrounded by men who are intent on killing him as the chapter ends. Really sucks because Jon has always been one of my favorite characters (though I'm not a fan of how he handled the wall as LC letting the wildlings through and all)...

yea but the others are a comin they have a common enemy

• 1 month later...

I think his biggest mistake as LC was not letting all his men know all the details of his decisions. Normally a LC would not have to do this, but under the circumstances, he was changing TONS of traditions they held for centuries or millineiums. I'm thinking if more knew of why he was going to make the changes he would have more supporters watching his back. He is also letting his Stark family hinder his ability to see and decide clearly. What the brothers say "for the watch" is proof that they are seeing his actions as contrary to their oath, which in fact it isn't, but they aren't knowledgeable to all the ins/outs of what's all is going on. Hopefully this event, if he survives, will get his head out of arse so he can lead his men not make decisions and just expect people to follow them willy nilly. The men of the nights watch need to understand why he is changing their entire way of life before they can accept it.

Just finished the chapter moments ago. Painful to read. At least if he's dead he can live on in Ghost. But it makes me wonder if Martin intends on revealing Jon's parentage at all anymore. Kinda doesn't matter if he's dead, but then again, I find it hard to believe him surviving all that...

Please tell me Jon is still alive. Although 4 stab wounds is a lot, he could still pull through right?

He had 3 stab wounds at most, because the first knife grazed his neck.

He was stabbed in the stomach and between the shoulders. We don't know where he was stabbed the fourth time.

People have survived worse- especially when they are very necessary to the story like Jon is XD

Just finished the chapter moments ago. Painful to read. At least if he's dead he can live on in Ghost. But it makes me wonder if Martin intends on revealing Jon's parentage at all anymore. Kinda doesn't matter if he's dead, but then again, I find it hard to believe him surviving all that...

Martin has stated he will reveal Jon's parent(s).

My theory is, he dies, lives on in Ghost for a while (a chapter) - which is the reason for the varamir sixskin opening in the book - and then is resurrescted by melisandre, but will not lose part of himself like Berric Dondarion or Lady Stoneheart, because his soul was in ghost and not on the other side. Maybe even fulfilling the reborn in salt and smoke part of a certain prophesy...

Apart from Melissandre - there are other (more preferable) ways for Jon to survive:

The Wall has magic in it, and ice preserves. The cold can prevent him from bleeding out. And I'm pretty sure either the 3-eyed-crow or Bran is watching and they may be able to do something. Not to mention Jon has some (probably 3 different) King's blood and he was practically sacrificed. Something unexpected may happen.

Then there is Morna, a woods witch. Somehow reminds me of Mirri Maz Duur - and she definitely managed to heal Drogo. The same would work for Jon as his consciousness is safe within Ghost and when his body is healed he can simply warg back.

Or he can be just wounded but not lethally and stay in a Bran-like coma for some time.

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished this chapter and I am devastated. I am hopeful that one of the theories discussed in the forum (or others) can account for Jon being resurrected (or not actually dead), but until I actually read it, I will continue to be very very sad. I'm not usually one for bringing characters back to life with contrived plot ploys, but at this point I'll take anything...

Archived