(BOOK & SHOW SPOILERS) An Early Look At Episode 3

iheartseverus

From WiC today, a synopsis and cast list for Episode 3.

Episode 403: “Breaker of Chains”
Synopsis: In the frenzied aftermath of the royal wedding, Tyrion gets a visit from a loyal subject, but wonders if anyone in his family will help him out of his current predicament. Meanwhile, Tywin offers to work for the common good with a presumed enemy; Sam takes stock of the personnel at Castle Black; the Hound gives another life lesson to Arya; and Daenerys makes a decision outside the walls of Meereen.
Original Air Date: Apr 20, 2014

Guest Cast:
Ben Crompton: Dolorous Edd
Jacob Anderson: Grey Worm
Josef Altin: Pyp
Nathalie Emmanuel: Missandei
Lu Corfield
Ian McElhinney: Barristan Selmy
Michiel Huisman: Daario Naharis
Diana Rigg: Olenna Tyrell
Brian Fortune: Bowen Marsh
Joel Fry: Hizdahr zo Loraq
Ian Beattie: Meryn Trant
Peter Vaughan: Maester Aemon
Hannah Murray: Gilly
Indira Varma: Ellaria Sand
Tony Way: Dontos Hollard
Pedro Pascal: Oberyn Martell
Owen Teale: Alliser Thorne
Finbar Lynch
Julian Glover: Grand Maester Pycelle

Ours is the Fury: I’m surprised we’re meeting Hizdahr as early as episode 3, but I can’t wait to see him nonetheless! Noah Taylor is returning in this week’s episode, which is exciting. Episode 3 looks to be a nice Night’s Watch episode. Lu Corfield’s role isn’t listed here but we know that she’s playing a Mole’s Town madame, so her interactions may be with the NW.

I thought the books left it ambiguous whether Margery was in on the poisoning or not, but implied that she probably knew since the poison was placed in the big goblet she and Joffrey were supposed to share. The promo seems to imply that Margery was not aware of the plan to poison Joffrey, which is interesting.

Tyrion is visited by Pod, right? I wonder how the show will set up Pod's alliance with Brienne.

Interview with Jack Gleeson about saying goodbey to Game of Thrones and Joffrey: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/13/jack-gleeson-joffrey-death/

What was your favorite scene to shoot on the show?
Gleeson: Certainly the death scene is pretty cool. And [in next week's episode] we did the funeral scene where I was on a cliff with stones in my eyes and I just got to sleep all day, and [spoiler happened]. So that was fun.

The [spoiler happened], could that be what I think it is? Could we still get some onscreen incestious cripple next-to-dead-body funeral sex? Because that would be awesome.

Guessing the next Ramsay bits will not be until Episode 4.. only mention this because of a montage on Youtube that had clips from screeners (my guess anyway) showing a shirtless/bloodstained Ramsay fighting, presumably in Moat Calin, whilst Theon sits in a cage watching.. but logistically it makes sense that it takes a bit of time to ride there coupled with the fact that we probably won't have more than 4 episodes with that storyline included as it's still quite a side-story until ADWD.

If allowed to link this is the video I'm referring to - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyuCqaJfk8w no spoilers any more than clips from the trailer for the season..

I don't think the TV series is going to pursue the Ironborn storylines that are in the book. I think Yara is going to get captured and flayed (I know in the books some woman gets flayed by Ramsay, but as I think they are going to close the Ironborn storylines out of the TV series, I predict they'll end with Yara's capture and flaying. Perhaps, Reek will get to kill Ramsay in the end somehow, but who knows.

^They'll be back.

EDIT: Made 700! HAHAHAHHAHAHAAHA! Council Member now.

EDIT part 2: So the preview showed the Tormund and Styr led group of Free Folk attacking that group of poor suckers, amongst whom is the little boy played by Brennock O' Connor. We later see that boy at Jon's side when he speaks about the wildlings rolling over everything and everyone. Interesting, I thought that raid would have been more mid-season material.

Archived