(BOOK & SHOW SPOILERS) An Early Look At Episode 3

iheartseverus

I don't think the TV series is going to pursue the Ironborn storylines that are in the book. I think Yara is going to get captured and flayed (I know in the books some woman gets flayed by Ramsay, but as I think they are going to close the Ironborn storylines out of the TV series, I predict they'll end with Yara's capture and flaying. Perhaps, Reek will get to kill Ramsay in the end somehow, but who knows.

Are we assuming Yara/Asha and Euron and Victarion literally aren't going to do anything significant in the books? At all? These are some very bold assumptions.

It was probably mentionned but in the promo for the episode we see a shot of Grenn and Edd wounded sitting on a bench, like they just arrived and reported more news from Craster's. I'm glad they (may) have a scene dedicated to us since they definitly need more screen-time ! Edd cause he's freaking Dolorous Edd and Grenn because they might make him die this season against the Giants.

Also, start of the revenge on the Mutiners operation !

We're having Hizdahr already? Oh, I hope there is a wedding so Unsullied can simply bite all of their nails.

Also I'd be okay blowing through Dany's plot line. But they still have to invade and such so that would be very early for a wedding

Are we assuming Yara/Asha and Euron and Victarion literally aren't going to do anything significant in the books? At all? These are some very bold assumptions.

Compromises are going to have to be made, regardless. As of this moment, their purpose appears to be far more singular compared to, say, Dorne, which has multiple ties to our main storylines (Myrcella being held there, the Sand Snakes going off to KL, Arianne/Aegon, etc) . The Battle for Meereen can just as easily be influenced by the Yunkai alone, and or other outside forces that don't depend on screentime being taken away to develop them. If Euron is even in the show (right now I'd say he's the only Greyjoy brother even the least bit likely to not be cut) they'll probably stick him with the Oldtown raid which he's physically a part of.

Anyway on an unrelated note.....since Hizdahr is being introduced so early into the season and Episode 6 is the start of the Sons of the Harpy arc, it's making me think they might proceed with the marriage between him and Dany by Episode 10 instead of holding off until the next season. It'd make sense production-wise, to lighten an already overly-heavy load for Season 5.

I've seen some pretty compelling arguments that Asha will die not long into TWOW, and if that's the case, then it's likely that she won't accomplish anything significant before doing so. Ditto for Victarion; if his only purpose is to get Dany some ships, well, there are other ways that could be accomplished. These are bold assumptions, yes, but not crazy ones.

Compromises are going to have to be made, regardless. As of this moment, their purpose appears to be far more singular compared to, say, Dorne, which has multiple ties to our main storylines (Myrcella being held there, the Sand Snakes going off to KL, Arianne/Aegon, etc) . The Battle for Meereen can just as easily be influenced by the Yunkai alone, and or other outside forces that don't depend on screentime being taken away to develop them. If Euron is even in the show (right now I'd say he's the only Greyjoy brother even the least bit likely to not be cut) they'll probably stick him with the Oldtown raid which he's physically a part of.

Anyway on an unrelated note.....since Hizdahr is being introduced so early into the season and Episode 6 is the start of the Sons of the Harpy arc, it's making me think they might proceed with the marriage between him and Dany by Episode 10 instead of holding off until the next season. It'd make sense production-wise, to lighten an already overly-heavy load for Season 5.

The last episode of season 4 is called 'The Children' Dany's storyline will probably end with her chaining up her 'children'.

I've seen some pretty compelling arguments that Asha will die not long into TWOW, and if that's the case, then it's likely that she won't accomplish anything significant before doing so. Ditto for Victarion; if his only purpose is to get Dany some ships, well, there are other ways that could be accomplished. These are bold assumptions, yes, but not crazy ones.

I guess I'm just not as convinced that one of the major families of Westeros can just be lifted straight out of the story and out of the war without major major impact. And also not convinced that GRRM would go through the trouble of including Asha, Euron, and Victarion, if the goal all along was for none of them to accomplish anything significant or impact the story in any relevant way.

Opeahnoodlemantra (an old stage name of Johnny Depp's, I believe?) has it right. The shot of a woman's silhouette in a dark tunnel in the first released trailer looked to be the underground area where she locked up her children. That will end her arc. We already know they've cast the Goatherd, who the trailers have shown us, has his child et up by Drogon. The actor's name is Darren Kent and he gave an interview months back where he gave away that he was in a very emotional scene, which could only be him presenting the child's remains to Dany's court. We know he appears in an Alex Graves-directed episode from his CV, so that would be either episode eight or ten, in time to set up the locking up of the dragons as an end to Dany's s4 arc. Appropriately it would end with Dany choosing the "children" to whom she is "Mhysa" over the children to whom she is the Mother of Dragons.

Here's what happens

In King's Landing: Tyrion is taken to a cell, where he is visited by Podrick. Margeary and Olenna discuss their newfound position. Tywin offers Oberyn a spot on the judges' bench. Oberyn participates in an orgy. Cersei and Jaime visit their son in the sept. Sansa escapes with Dontos and meets with Baelish.

In the Riverlands: Arya and Sandor are taken in and fed, but Sandor just robs the nice family.

In the North: The wildlings attack a village, where a boy escapes and tells the Night's Watch. Grenn and Edd make it back to the Wall from Craster's Keep. Jon warns (again) of Mance's army. Sam drops Gilly off at Mole's Town.

At Dragonstone: Stannis and Davos discuss Joffrey's death.

Across the Narrow Sea: Daenerys arrives at the gates of Meereen, treats with Hizdahr, and lays siege to the city with catapults after Daario defeats the champion.

No Bran or Theon.

Am I missing anything?

Wow, they're really rushing through the source material this season. So, Gilly and Maester Aemon are leaving with Sam the next episode? I hope not. We would miss Sam's best moment in getting the NW to elect Jon as LC, as well as the Lightbringer scene with Aemon and Stannis.

Wow, they're really rushing through the source material this season. So, Gilly and Maester Aemon are leaving with Sam the next episode? I hope not. We would miss Sam's best moment in getting the NW to elect Jon as LC, as well as the Lightbringer scene with Aemon and Stannis.

They're leaving Castle Black, but I don't think they'll be going to Oldtown yet. And Maester Aemon has no reason to leave Castle Black yet.

Apparently he instructs the Madam there to not have Gilly whored out. I don't know why exactly he'd feel she'd be safer in Mole's Town but I'm sure they'll explain that adequately.

As for some folks thinking that Sam would go to Oldtown already. Come on, we know from the trailers and whatnot that he has plenty of more scenes with Jon. Didn't you all watch the Foreshadowing feature and whatnot. There's much more to come of him at CB. No need to fret.

According to interviews he's done recently, John Bradley talks about a decision Sam makes early on that's selfish and weak that he comes to regret. I don't know quite how this plays out, but yeah he'll come to regret putting Gilly and baby Sam in harm's way. Don't worry though, the show won't kill Gilly off prematurely because Hannah Murray talked about being a part of an episode set entirely at the Wall in an interview. That means episode nine, so she survives Mole's Town.

Archived