(BOOK & SHOW SPOILERS) An Early Look At Episode 3

iheartseverus

I will be pretty sad if Grenn dies this season, or Dolorous. But it could be an effective scene.

I honestly don't care anymore if the show overtakes the books, it is inevitable at this stage. As long as I get to read the books I don't care, they are two seperate entities anyway at this stage.

They really need to show Balon's death soon.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/04/03/game-of-thronesa-maisie-williams-on-how-aryaas-quest-is-about-more-than-vengeance

'Those two villagers you guys meet early this season -- his prediction for them is grim, and he's probably right'

People at IGN must have only seen the first 3 episodes (unless they were given more episodes by HBO?) so it looks like Arya and The Hound will meet some villagers in the next ep and something will happen between them (he mentioned 2 villagers so i dont think episode 3 will have the gift of mercy, which, from the previews, looks like Arya/Hound meet just one guy dying in the woods)

Here's what happens

In King's Landing: Tyrion is taken to a cell, where he is visited by Podrick. Margeary and Olenna discuss their newfound position. Tywin offers Oberyn a spot on the judges' bench. Oberyn participates in an orgy. Cersei and Jaime visit their son in the sept. Sansa escapes with Dontos and meets with Baelish.

In the Riverlands: Arya and Sandor are taken in and fed, but Sandor just robs the nice family.

In the North: The wildlings attack a village, where a boy escapes and tells the Night's Watch. Grenn and Edd make it back to the Wall from Craster's Keep. Jon warns (again) of Mance's army. Sam drops Gilly off at Mole's Town.

At Dragonstone: Stannis and Davos discuss Joffrey's death.

Across the Narrow Sea: Daenerys arrives at the gates of Meereen, treats with Hizdahr, and lays siege to the city with catapults after Daario defeats the champion.

No Bran or Theon.

Am I missing anything?

Well done, I also think that this is what we will see.

It would be far too early for Sam to head to Oldtown.

To address a few things here:

Dany-As has been mentioned previously, they aren't getting into the Sons of the Harpy stuff this season. The shots in the trailer of the guy getting swarmed is a master getting killed by an uprising of slaves which is how Dany is going to take Meereen. The crates being flung over the Meereen walls in the preview this episode contain a bunch of broken slave collars which is her message to the slaves to give them some new ideas about what they should be doing. The masters are suitably freaked out when they see what the implication of Dany's message is. Hizdahr appearing so early is to give the nobles of Meereen a face and to set him up as a player down the road.

Balon-It seems the show is going to keep Balon alive for now as Roose has linked the Ironborn still occupying the North to Balon's command so they'll probably hold off on him dying until after Moat Cailin.

Ramsay-It will be interesting to see if the Moat Cailin stuff happens sooner or is held off until later in the season. It certainly seems like Roose has told Ramsay to go there right now. We know that when Yara attacks the Dreadfort, both Ramsay and Theon are there so either that happens very soon or Ramsay/Theon liberates Moat Cailin first and head back to the Dreadfort where the Yara attack happens at the end of the season.

If you mean the guy who helped Maester Aemon, he is actually Othell Yarwyck. Bryan Cogman pulled a switcheroo on everyone.

If true that's really weird. Why not just keep Bowen instead? He's far more important overall, since I'm assuming they're not gonna go to the effort of casting both Bowen and Othell. They might surprise me and do just that though, I dunno.

The last episode of season 4 is called 'The Children' Dany's storyline will probably end with her chaining up her 'children'.

Pretty sure "the chidren" will be for the children of the forest that Bran will encounter when he finally gets to BR. The part of "child of the forest" has been cast for season 4. Same for the three eyed crow.

If true that's really weird. Why not just keep Bowen instead? He's far more important overall, since I'm assuming they're not gonna go to the effort of casting both Bowen and Othell. They might surprise me and do just that though, I dunno.

According to the GoT Wiki page, that was Bowen at the "trial"

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Bowen_Marsh

I don't think the TV series is going to pursue the Ironborn storylines that are in the book. I think Yara is going to get captured and flayed (I know in the books some woman gets flayed by Ramsay, but as I think they are going to close the Ironborn storylines out of the TV series, I predict they'll end with Yara's capture and flaying. Perhaps, Reek will get to kill Ramsay in the end somehow, but who knows.

See below.

Are we assuming Yara/Asha and Euron and Victarion literally aren't going to do anything significant in the books? At all? These are some very bold assumptions.

I very much agree. They can't cut out one of the Great Houses from Westeros!

I will be pretty sad if Grenn dies this season, or Dolorous. But it could be an effective scene.

I honestly don't care anymore if the show overtakes the books, it is inevitable at this stage. As long as I get to read the books I don't care, they are two seperate entities anyway at this stage.

They really need to show Balon's death soon.

I agree on Balon. I expected it to be in 401. It's just weird that out of the 3 dead kings Balon is the first to die in the book but last in the show. Not that it'll majorly effect the storyline I just kind of want to see it happen already.

According to the GoT Wiki page, that was Bowen at the "trial"

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Bowen_Marsh

Brian Cogman came on Wic.net to specifically correct that. The GoT Wiki has it wrong. They assumed Brian Fortune was playing Bowen Marsh and Cogman specifically said that he is playing Othell Yarwyck. Bowen Marsh has not been cast on the show at this point. He will either be introduced in S5 by a more established actor than Fortune (who is just a featured extra) or Marsh's actions will be taken by a NW character that the audience already knows.

I would assume Othell Yarwyck will do nothing more than stand around in the background of scenes which is more or less what Fortune did in previous seasons. He's not an actor up to the calibre of what they need for a pivotal role like Bowen Marsh. I'm sure that's why they made him someone else who really doesn't do anything.

Archived