(BOOK & SHOW SPOILERS) An Early Look At Episode 3

iheartseverus

Ramsay-It will be interesting to see if the Moat Cailin stuff happens sooner or is held off until later in the season. It certainly seems like Roose has told Ramsay to go there right now. We know that when Yara attacks the Dreadfort, both Ramsay and Theon are there so either that happens very soon or Ramsay/Theon liberates Moat Cailin first and head back to the Dreadfort where the Yara attack happens at the end of the season.

Could Yara take Dreadford with 50 men?

She isn't trying to capture the Dreadfort but rescue Theon.

Not to mention that like Winterfell, the Dreadfort doesn't appear to be heavily manned because most of their able bodied men went South with Roose. Roose's forces are trapped in the Neck and even after Moat Cailin, will probably be heading to WInterfell, not the Dreadfort.

I think a force of 50 fierce Ironborn could breach the walls in this scenario (they're supposed to be travelling up the Weeping Water which would most likely be the easier entry point for attack).

^Yeah, I imagine it will start off with a continuation of the direct PW aftermath and Tyrion's arrest etc. Then Cersei will shout something about arresting Sansa to, then we'll notice she's gone and cut to her and Dontos on foot through the alleyways of KL.

I think the episode opens where ep. 2 ended, Cersei is still in blind fury in the promo :)

BTW anyone remember what the ending scene of ep. 3 is from the reports of those who saw the ep?

I think it's Dany firing the barrels filled with broken slave collars over the walls of Meereen and the reaction of both the slaves and masters to what this implies.

As far as Balon goes, I also thought he'd be gone before Joffrey, but since that hasn't happened I'll venture a guess that he'll die in either First of His Name (episode five) or the season finale. Hell, he could even go in episode six, since that's supposed to be a Grejoy heavy episode.

I think it makes sense to delay his death, though. Joffrey and Robb were central figures in the story since the first season, whereas Balon is a very minor character who has only appeared in a handful of episodes total. Having him die later in the season keeps the incident more fresh in the mind of non-readers, and the death of the king of the Iron Islands will be something they'll want the audience to recollect if they plan on introducing Euron & Victarion next season.

So maybe it happens mid-season, maybe it happens in the finale, but either way it seems pretty logical to have him die last, considering how his death may potentially lead to an entirely new sub-plot with two brand new characters in the following season.

It will most likely be in the opening minutes of this episode.

I wonder how the episode will begin exactly ?

Maybe right back at the wedding, opening on Joffrey's face, Tyrion's capture, some reactions (Tyrion, Jaime, Margaery... ?)

And then cut to Sansa and Dontos runing in the streets of King's Landing and meeting with Littlefinger.

... Or opening directly with Sansa and Dontos.

Not to mention that like Winterfell, the Dreadfort doesn't appear to be heavily manned because most of their able bodied men went South with Roose. Roose's forces are trapped in the Neck and even after Moat Cailin, will probably be heading to WInterfell, not the Dreadfort.

I think a force of 50 fierce Ironborn could breach the walls in this scenario (they're supposed to be travelling up the Weeping Water which would most likely be the easier entry point for attack).

IMO fifty seems to be to few to breach the walls, but enough to (somehow) infiltrate the castle, if it's lightly manned as it should. Then again, this is D&D, also known by Robb Stark's Season 3 war campaign.

I hope you are right. I'm going to be pissed if the Kingsmoot is cut from the show. Seems like something that could happen too. :frown5:

Brace yourself...odds are they'll just name Euron the successor, if we even really get into it.

The shot in the trailer that shows sam and gilly leaving presumably for oldtown, which if memory serves happens on jon's order as lord commander, does that mean we may get a lord commander vote next episode?

If you remember, they spend time in Braavos before reaching Oldtown. Something happens in Braavos. I know many have been speculating on why the Titan of Braavos was shown in the trailer. That's why we will see Braavos. Not because of Arya making it there this season like most seen to think. Seems like many forget that Sam and Gilly end up in Braavos. But then again, is Arya there when Sam and Co. arrive?

They're leaving Castle Black, but I don't think they'll be going to Oldtown yet. And Maester Aemon has no reason to leave Castle Black yet.

There's actually no reason for Sam and Gilly to leave yet either. That is, if they stay true to the source material. The whole reason they leave is to get the son of Rayder away from Melisandre and for Sam to get his Maester's chain. So they should t be leaving until after the attack on Castle Black and Stannis's subsequent arrival.

No, Sam and Gilly will not go to Oldtown or Braavos this season. We already know why we'll see Braavos this season as well.

Stannis? I had forgotten about that. Besides, they have no reason to leave until Stannis shows up at the Wall after the Wildling attack. We know those to things are going to happen.

Archived