(BOOK & SHOW SPOILERS) An Early Look At Episode 3

iheartseverus

^Alex Graves said a

battle too, a CGI heavy battle on which the CG wouldn't be finished until June right before it airs. A lot of people on wicnet assumed he meant the fight with the wights outside of BR's cave. Since we got a WW in the second trailer and since Meera has dragonglass arrowheads I think some of them boys will be included too.

Aha! I may have worked the Greyjoy situation out!

When Yara unsuccessfully attacks the Dreadfort, Ramsay takes her as a prisoner. Balon or the captain of Moat Cailin will return only return it for Yara. Ramsay, in a deviation from the books, hands her over and lets her return to the Iron Islands. At this point, show-Ramsay has not been legitimised, and this is all that he wants, as D&D, George and Iwan have constantly reminded us of, so he'll do anything to "impress" his father. Remember what Roose said: "Take the Moat for our family, and I'll reconsider your position." Yara arrives home either just after, or just before Balon's death, setting up the Kingsmoot for next season.

Apologies if anyone else has already thought about this and I've just stolen it.

Aha! I may have worked the Greyjoy situation out!

When Yara unsuccessfully attacks the Dreadfort, Ramsay takes her as a prisoner. Balon or the captain of Moat Cailin will return only return it for Yara. Ramsay, in a deviation from the books, hands her over and lets her return to the Iron Islands. At this point, show-Ramsay has not been legitimised, and this is all that he wants, as D&D, George and Iwan have constantly reminded us of, so he'll do anything to "impress" his father. Remember what Roose said: "Take the Moat for our family, and I'll reconsider your position." Yara arrives home either just after, or just before Balon's death, setting up the Kingsmoot for next season.

Apologies if anyone else has already thought about this and I've just stolen it.

I think that is a pretty clever idea

I think it will work out the following:

- Yara will attack The Dreadfort in order to rescue Theon (who she believes alive)

- Ramsay wins the battle and makes Yara believe that Theon is dead

- Yara escapes alone or with just a few survivors to Moat Cailin where Victarion has put Ralf Kenning in power

- Kenning tells Yara that Balon is dead and that Victarion has left for the Kingsmoot - Yara leaves as well

- Moat Cailin happens as it does in the books

By the way, I assume that Balon's death will happen in 4x05 as the episode is called "First of his name" and I do also find it intelligent to place Balon's death last because this impacted Robb's and Joffrey's death. If they had Balon die first, the Unsullied had assumed that Robb and Joffrey had it coming as well. Balon is the guy that the least care about, therefore they made his death as anticlimatic as possible.

Regarding episode 10, this is how I picture the CGI heavy things:

- Lady Stoneheart (very few budget needed)

- Bran, Jojen, Meera and Hodor vs. The Wights. The Children appear to help them and the fight will appear longer and more dramatic than it does in the books (Possible death of any of Bran's companions!?). Bloodraven. (lot CGI needed)

- The Unsullied trying to chain the dragons; they manage to catch Viserion and Rhaegal. Drogon is furious and burns several Unsullied. Later Daenerys visits Viserion and Rhaegal in the cellar. (lot CGI needed)

I think it will work out the following:

- Yara will attack The Dreadfort in order to rescue Theon (who she believes alive)

- Ramsay wins the battle and makes Yara believe that Theon is dead

- Yara escapes alone or with just a few survivors to Moat Cailin where Victarion has put Ralf Kenning in power

- Kenning tells Yara that Balon is dead and that Victarion has left for the Kingsmoot - Yara leaves as well

- Moat Cailin happens as it does in the books

This seems more likely, but I'm not so sure about Yara just simply escaping

Well, I actually meant that she acknowledges her loss and leaves for Moat Cailin. I don't think that she will be captured by Ramsay or other Bolton man. I see the Kingsmoot happening after all, yet in a smaller extent.

I really hope the CG isn't for LS. I'm so tired of movies/shows using CG where an excellent makeup artist could make it 10X more realistic and gruesome.

As far as the Greyjoys and Dorne for that matter, I will make a conservative prediction and say that both will be included in the show, but it will be a very truncated version compared to what goes on in the books, especially the Greyjoys. I won't be shocked if the Kingsmoot is not included. I could see the show naming Euron king, showing one raid, and then the next we see of them they're in Mereen.

^It will be the battle from the south as well, they've merged the initial attack of Castle Black with the siege. Apparently most of the CG budget is actually being spent on episode ten according to Alex Graves and D and D in different interviews. As for your expectation about Stannis, that is doubtful. We have no reason to assume that that will differ from the books in any way.

I am always interested in the battle of Castle Black, though I have to say, I do not know how could wildling shoot arrows at target on the top of the wall which is 700 feet above them? is it even possible?

Here's what happens

In King's Landing: Tyrion is taken to a cell, where he is visited by Podrick. Margeary and Olenna discuss their newfound position. Tywin offers Oberyn a spot on the judges' bench. Oberyn participates in an orgy. Cersei and Jaime visit their son in the sept. Sansa escapes with Dontos and meets with Baelish.

Excellent. No wonder between the sept scene and Oberyn participating in an orgy, reviewers have said this is the weakest episode.

I really hope the CG isn't for LS. I'm so tired of movies/shows using CG where an excellent makeup artist could make it 10X more realistic and gruesome.

This. It looks tacky and ridiculous, look at what a good job they do on The Walking Dead, I expect no less from GoT tbh.

Interesting ideas about how the TV series is going to handle the Iron Islands people. Personally, I think they (iron isles and characters therein) are going to written out of the TV series--it's already convoluted enough. I think Yara is going to get captured and flayed alive and Ramsay will make Theon help him flay her. They'll take Moat Cailin, Balon will drown and that is that. Maybe at the end of the TV series, Theon will get to kill Ramsay or some such, but I think the iron isles are toast as far as the TV series is concerned.

Interesting ideas about how the TV series is going to handle the Iron Islands people. Personally, I think they (iron isles and characters therein) are going to written out of the TV series--it's already convoluted enough. I think Yara is going to get captured and flayed alive and Ramsay will make Theon help him flay her. They'll take Moat Cailin, Balon will drown and that is that. Maybe at the end of the TV series, Theon will get to kill Ramsay or some such, but I think the iron isles are toast as far as the TV series is concerned.

Hey I'm with you. The heavy dose of Ironborn was one of the main reasons I skimmed through certain chapters in Feast. I could care less if they're written out of the show. They'll only be included if they have some pivotal roll to play in the endgame that cannot be given to some other character. If this is the case then I stick by my prediction that their time in the show will still be very limited.

Alfie Allen has said that he and Yara share scenes together this season so they can't have Ramsay tell her Theon's dead so that she leaves. Far more likely she's captured in the battle at the Dreadfort. The question is more about what happens after that. My assumption is that she stays with Ramsay as a prisoner for the longhaul which will enhance the Theon/Ramsay dynamic by adding another element. Eventually, Theon will come to his senses and find a way to get Yara out and then they'll rejoin Stannis outside Winterfell and you'll have their storylines reset to the book.

Hey I'm with you. The heavy dose of Ironborn was one of the main reasons I skimmed through certain chapters in Feast. I could care less if they're written out of the show. They'll only be included if they have some pivotal roll to play in the endgame that cannot be given to some other character. If this is the case then I stick by my prediction that their time in the show will still be very limited.

Same here. It's not even that I could care less for the Ironborn, I just openly despise them. I found it so bloody hard to get through their chapters in the books, especially that we were given POVs of several of them on the same topic. I think even in the books they're gonna get eliminated pretty soon, with the exception of Asha and Theon. So the less of them we see in the show, the better.

Yara's situation will be interesting to watch, cause really, if you look at all the places she's supposed to be and all the things she's supposed to witness, I think it's safe to say she has MUCH more to do this season than Dany.

I'm also curious if Bran and co.'s battle with the Wights, meeting the Child and Bloodraven all happens this season. If so, there is practically no storyline for Bran for season 5. Thanks to GRRM cosntantly moving her chapters to the next books, there is not much more for Sansa either. I wonder how they will solve this out and if GRRM as the show's writer will drop some book spoilers into the show before WoW gets published.

I sure hope the Hound giving Arya another lesson is "remember where the heart is". I was missing it in the inn scene.

Is there a separate thread to post end of season stuff ATM? I know some people have posted episode ten/season 4 as a whole stuff here so I'd like to voice my thoughts and questions as well but if they can be moved am all for that.

I think everyone's in agreement that the battle for CB/Stannis' arrival will occur in Ep. 9. That makes logical sense, as Jon can be elected LC still either at the end of that ep or the start of 10 before Sam, Gilly, Aemon and co. leave for Oldtown.

For episode 10, as a few people have pointed out, we'll (hopefully) get Dany chaining up her dragons, Bran arriving at the cave, Stannis asking Jon to be Lord of Winterfell, Sam and co. sailing off, Arya heading off to Braavos, if we haven't already seen it Lysa heading out the Moon Door (probably ep. 8 I'm thinking) and of course Tyrion and Tywin in the privy.

Which brings up the question of Lady Stoneheart. As much as I'd really, really like to see this scene, I think it has a good chance to be cut. I'm praying this isn't the case but I feel that they're going to cut most of the Brotherhood stuff out since in the grand scheme of things they are not overly important. The logistics of it presents a major problem too; after having a char like Tywin get killed off, pulling off zomb-Cat immediately afterwards will be tough. I think they can do it if they arrange the episode correctly though, like having Tywin die 2/3rds of the way through or something. Which would leave the weak Dany scene as a strong choice for last one before LS reveal.

Regarding season 5 though, I highly doubt they'll cut out the Ironborn stuff. The way the Game of Thrones works in general is that new players are constantly being shuffled through and I feel that D&D and the writers could easily sell Season 5 as a "new players" season after the original war is basically over in Season 4 (i.e. four of the original 5 kings die). So I'm sure in Season 5, since the material from AFfC and ADwD isn't as good as ASoS but is still interesting, we'll see players like Euron, Victarion, and Quentyn quite early while the subplot/B story will be the Cersei-Margery feud as well as Riverlands stuff.

Alfie Allen has said that he and Yara share scenes together this season so they can't have Ramsay tell her Theon's dead so that she leaves. Far more likely she's captured in the battle at the Dreadfort. The question is more about what happens after that. My assumption is that she stays with Ramsay as a prisoner for the longhaul which will enhance the Theon/Ramsay dynamic by adding another element. Eventually, Theon will come to his senses and find a way to get Yara out and then they'll rejoin Stannis outside Winterfell and you'll have their storylines reset to the book.

Wow, so this is interesting. This might either imply that Yara will make it into the Dreadfort and see Reek, but has to escape as Stannis had to during the Battle of the Blackwater. This would even strengthen Theon's belief that he is lost because he sees Yara leaving him with Ramsay and his fury for Yara attacking.

On the other hand this might also mean, as you said, that Yara is captured and so on. I am curious to see how this works out.

By the way, congratz: You're not a walking spoiler anymore. :D

I've seen many indications that the battle at Castle Black will be done by episode 9 and I'm not actually doubting that information but I haven't been following along very closely and would just like to know how and where this came out.

EW Interview with Natalie Dormer, teasing what comes next for Margaery. The rivalry between Marg and Cersei is going to get 'venomous' (Yay!) But apparently showMargaery didn't know anything about the plot to poison Joff. Which I find weird. How could Olenna know that Marg wouldn't take a sip from Joff's cup at some point? Weird.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/04/18/game-of-thrones-natalie-dormer-margaery/

Archived