(BOOK & SHOW SPOILERS) An Early Look At Episode 3

iheartseverus

Really? I honestly pity the uber-fans who overreact like this. They're missing out on so much. ASOIAF/GOT is about a lot more than one character.

I'm actually quite serious. If my relationship with this show was a marriage, I'd already have one foot out the door since the chances of the books being completed first is rather bleak (not trying to start that conversation here.) If my Lady does not make this show I have little reason to watch the Dance/Feast season. (well-written books, just not a lot in there I care about.)

They're not going to cut the Ironborn guys. If anything, they make for good TV. They're like bad ass Vikings and people eat that shit up.

Well, if they'd actually do Viking things maybe, but in feast there was some squabbling over the Seastone chair and the revelation of the Dragonhorn, but not much for action. There's so little raving/reaving/general dickishness from the Ironborn in Dance and Feast that I'm pretty sure ratings would dip into cancellation territory if the Ironborn are included.

Well, if they'd actually do Viking things maybe, but in feast there was some squabbling over the Seastone chair and the revelation of the Dragonhorn, but not much for action. There's so little raving/reaving/general dickishness from the Ironborn in Dance and Feast that I'm pretty sure ratings would dip into cancellation territory if the Ironborn are included.

If they are included as it is written, I agree.

I don't see the case for deleting them completely based on that argument though. I can see Damphair getting cut, but the other two I think will still be in. And they won't have all the politicial build up to the Kingsmoot - the Kingsmoot itself will still work if they do it in a greatly reduced format.

Handled well it will be an excellent dramatic foil for the events at Insanity Landing.

If they are included as it is written, I agree.

I don't see the case for deleting them completely based on that argument though. I can see Damphair getting cut, but the other two I think will still be in. And they won't have all the politicial build up to the Kingsmoot - the Kingsmoot itself will still work if they do it in a greatly reduced format.

Handled well it will be an excellent dramatic foil for the events at Insanity Landing.

i can see them including a super reduced Ironborn story but I honestly think it would be a mistake to include all the "Arms of the Kraken" chapters faithfully as other chapters we've gotten so far. Sailing Vic chapters might make for a good filler... but idk how well HBO handles filler.

Stoneheart will be there, if I had to guess in the final moments of the final episode. There really is no better "wtf cliffhanger" for them to leave everyone on and hook them for the next season. It would give huge shock factor points, and they could make it extremely powerful for a final moment of the season.

I'm not worried about them cutting her out entirely, because I don't see that happening at all.

If they did cut her out, which I find highly unlikely, I'd be upset. But I won't go so far as to say that I would stop watching the show, because that would be a lie. It's all I have in regards to ASOIAF until the next book comes out, honestly.

Because they either claim that she takes away from tragedy of RW (which is just the opposite - Catelyn is not at peace, she is hateful, tormented and vengeful shell now) or their hatred for Cat gets transferred to LS which is also not a reason to say 'hey she is lame, I bet she will be cut because I don't like her so that's what counts'.

Exactly. Tbh is always a bit funny to see people going on about cutting stuff because "they're not important" when the books are not finished, so there's not really any way to know what ends up being important or not.

Oh and I heard rumours

LSH is going to be in this episode...

Is there any evidence to this, or just a rumour?

WiC is posting an ABC interview with George, 3 minutes long, not much new, but, this:

George R.R. Martin was interviewed last night on ABC World News as their Person of the Week.

The A Song of Ice and Fire author answers fan questions about his inspirations for King’s Landing, and the villainous Joffrey. He talks about writing strong female characters, and says that if he could play any character it would be the classic hero, Jon Snow. He also reveals that although his pilot cameo ended up on the cutting room floor, we can expect to see him on screen before the show’s end.

^^ Wouldn't that be great? But, IMO, Manderly is more than a cameo, no? Ironic though, if the person who created Ser-Too-Fat-To-Sit-A-Horse ends up becoming, in the eyes of millions of viewers, Ser-Too-Fat-To-Sit-A-Horse.

I can totally imagine a scene where Stannis is delivering that line and cue the short towards GRRM/Manderly eating pies. :lmao: :lmao:

Anybody else getting a little queasy thinking about Littlefinger kissing Sansa? We don't know if he will, or not, but the thought of it makes my skin crawl. :ack:

In one interview, Sophie Turner talks about a day her parents decided to visit the set and her scene had was a bit 'adult in content'. I suspect the Littlefinger kiss would be it.

In one interview, Sophie Turner talks about a day her parents decided to visit the set and her scene had was a bit 'adult in content'. I suspect the Littlefinger kiss would be it.

I remember reading that, and I think she was referring to the attempted rape scene in season 2.

Yeah and that creepy dream Bran had last season. No way she is gonna be cut from the show, her appearance is a cliffhanger like no other.

& then the Unsullied are going to break twitter....

I can totally imagine a scene where Stannis is delivering that line and cue the short towards GRRM/Manderly eating pies. :lmao: :lmao:

That would be awesome, but Lord-Too-Fat-to-Sit-a-Horse has such a large role in the books, that I can't see that being the case.

Grrm May not be the manderly, but he could be a manderly. Of all the families that's who physically looks the most like

Indeed I always got the impression he had a soft spot for Manderly... Like, huh see! Us fat dudes can do stuff too!

Anybody else getting a little queasy thinking about Littlefinger kissing Sansa? We don't know if he will, or not, but the thought of it makes my skin crawl. :ack:

In what episode do you think this will happen? 4x07 "Mockingbird" or it's too soon?

Well.. I hope that today we colud see LF again! Final scene, maybe?

Archived