(BOOK & SHOW SPOILERS) An Early Look At Episode 3

iheartseverus

Grrm May not be the manderly, but he could be a manderly. Of all the families that's who physically looks the most like

I like that, a lot. Hope that's the way they go.

Didn't GRRM was meant to have a cameo during the PW, but had to refuse it because he was to busy promoting ADWD? Maybe he can have a (really) small role next season, and what better than a Manderly

Alfie Allen has said that he and Yara share scenes together this season so they can't have Ramsay tell her Theon's dead so that she leaves. Far more likely she's captured in the battle at the Dreadfort. The question is more about what happens after that. My assumption is that she stays with Ramsay as a prisoner for the longhaul which will enhance the Theon/Ramsay dynamic by adding another element. Eventually, Theon will come to his senses and find a way to get Yara out and then they'll rejoin Stannis outside Winterfell and you'll have their storylines reset to the book.

I wonder if they could use that dynamic to replace farya? Could be an interesting swap and really play well with the rescue at wf if theon finds a more emotional reason to snap out of reek.

Didn't GRRM was meant to have a cameo during the PW, but had to refuse it because he was to busy promoting ADWD? Maybe he can have a (really) small role next season, and what better than a Manderly

What I saw in an ABC interview today (GRRM is their Person of the Week) is that the scene had to be reshot later from a different perspective, and his cameo didn't fit in anymore. (DIdn't fit in? That was not a pun on anyone's size. Or anything.)

She was talking about the mob scene in season 2.

Aidan Gillen suggests no kiss here:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/bthesite/tv-lust/bs-b-0402-got-gillen-20140401,0,2039438.story

That was my sense as well, unless it's just misdirection on Gillen's part.

There are artful ways of shooting a scene to imply a kiss between Gillen and Turner which don't actually involve the actors kissing, if the writers are concerned about Turner's age, so I don't know that her age is necessarily a bar.

Taking Gillen at his word, though, it would be very interesting if the show wound up boiling all of the creepiness out of the Petyr/Sansa relationship--no come-ons, no kisses, no inappropriate gestures, etc. etc.--since it seemed to me in the books that the creepiness was kind of the point. On the other hand, the show boiled a lot of the creepiness out of Sansa's relationships with the Hound and Tyrion, so who knows?

In what episode do you think this will happen? 4x07 "Mockingbird" or it's too soon?

I tend to think the snow castle scene has to happen in the same episode as the confrontation/Moon Door bit, to preserve the tension from Lysa spotting them, and I tend to think the Moon Door sequence will be in 4x10. 4x07 will probably have some Eyrie stuff, as the name suggests, but it could just involve the Lysa/Petyr wedding or setting up the various relationships in the Vale (Lady Waynwood, Nestor Royce, etc. etc.).

What I saw in an ABC interview today (GRRM is their Person of the Week) is that the scene had to be reshot later from a different perspective, and his cameo didn't fit in anymore. (DIdn't fit in? That was not a pun on anyone's size. Or anything.)

Grrm was a part of Dany's wedding in the original pilot.

Sophie Turner was 17 when they were shooting season 4. So yeah, I dont think there will be a kiss.

About the creepiness of the relationship in the book - one must remember GRRM showed us the real world of real medieval "dark ages". And in those times it was normal for girls that young to marry much older men and even have sex with them and give them children. It is creepy from our perspective but if you try to get a feel of those times? Not as much.

Sophie Turner was 17 when they were shooting season 4. So yeah, I dont think there will be a kiss.

About the creepiness of the relationship in the book - one must remember GRRM showed us the real world of real medieval "dark ages". And in those times it was normal for girls that young to marry much older men and even have sex with them and give them children. It is creepy from our perspective but if you try to get a feel of those times? Not as much.

Still is today, alas, in some countries. I remember some months back a news story about a man in (country to be unnamed here) who was allowed to marry an 8-year old girl. He raped her to death on their wedding night. Wrong is wrong, creepy is creepy, sickening is sickening. I'm pretty sure we're aware here that we're discussing a fictional world in a fictional story. LOL, we've been discussing GRRM's world, after all, for many long years, day in, day out, long before the HBO series was even thought of. Just sayin'

Underage actors kissing adult actors is not unusual in film and TV.

I really don't think Gillen's interview means they're changing that. The only conceivable reason to do that would be to make Littlefinger less creepy, which has never been a concern before; if anything, they've made him even more obviously villainous. But from the period after the initial rescue until the kiss/Moon Door stuff, Sansa wonders whether he might actually be more benevolent, so the show may try to lull viewers a bit in that regard.

Still is today, alas, in some countries. I remember some months back a news story about a man in (country to be unnamed here) who was allowed to marry an 8-year old girl. He raped her to death on their wedding night. Wrong is wrong, creepy is creepy, sickening is sickening. I'm pretty sure we're aware here that we're discussing a fictional world in a fictional story. LOL, we've been discussing GRRM's world, after all, for many long years, day in, day out, long before the HBO series was even thought of. Just sayin'

I agree. That's why I dont see almost anything creepy with LF flirting with Sansa because these are just the ways of that fictional world.

So maybe Sansa will kiss LF, hard to tell. They almost raped her so what's wrong with a kiss right? :D

I agree. That's why I dont see almost anything creepy with LF flirting with Sansa because these are just the ways of that fictional world.

So maybe Sansa will kiss LF, hard to tell. They almost raped her so what's wrong with a kiss right? :D

I think you missed my point by a mile. But, no matter. Not worth discussing.

The show's about to begin, peeps. Crank up the popcorn machine!

Here's what happens

In King's Landing: Tyrion is taken to a cell, where he is visited by Podrick. Margeary and Olenna discuss their newfound position. Tywin offers Oberyn a spot on the judges' bench. Oberyn participates in an orgy. Cersei and Jaime visit their son in the sept. Sansa escapes with Dontos and meets with Baelish.

In the Riverlands: Arya and Sandor are taken in and fed, but Sandor just robs the nice family.

In the North: The wildlings attack a village, where a boy escapes and tells the Night's Watch. Grenn and Edd make it back to the Wall from Craster's Keep. Jon warns (again) of Mance's army. Sam drops Gilly off at Mole's Town.

At Dragonstone: Stannis and Davos discuss Joffrey's death.

Across the Narrow Sea: Daenerys arrives at the gates of Meereen, treats with Hizdahr, and lays siege to the city with catapults after Daario defeats the champion.

No Bran or Theon.

Am I missing anything?

Wow did you ever nail it!

Archived