Barbrey Dustin

Nikolai Arryn

While I was watching Siobahn Finneran's performance as O'Brien in Downton Abbey, I immediately thought of her for the role because of her cold yet devious presence. I think she would nail the role and it'll be great seeing her exhanging lines with Michael McElhatton.

While I was watching Siobahn Finneran's performance as O'Brien in Downton Abbey, I immediately thought of her for the role because of her cold yet devious presence. I think she would nail the role and it'll be great seeing her exhanging lines with Michael McElhatton.

Unless Lady Dustin has a huge role in TWOW that can't be taken by someone else, I'm sure that the character will be cut. Her main purpose in the book seemed to be to shed light on Brandon Stark and, by extension, the Ashara Dayne backstory, but those things are almost completely absent from the show. The show will have to elaborate on some of the backstory eventually (Rhaegar and Lyanna, they're already bringing up Elia because it's important for the Oberyn plot, later will be for fAegon), but I doubt that they'll ever bother with Ashara and Brandon's liaisons, she hasn't even been introduced as a potential mom for Jon/red herring as she was in the books.

Yeah, unless she has a big part to play in WOW it's unlikely they'll have the character. However, if they did put her in with a decent amount of screen time, my no 1 choice would be Frances Barber. She would do Barbrey's acidic bitterness brilliantly.

• 1 month later...

When reading I had Polly Walker stuck in my head for Lady Dustin. Not sure if she even fits the description but think she would be good anyway

Me too. It's funny I re-appropriated a few ROME faces as I was reading but not in the way the show has cast these actors. I love the Lady Barbrey character tho, I hope she's in there! (Love me some Polly Walker too!)

Looked up Gina McKee, yeah, she's a good option too!

Oooh I like that. I also like Gina McKee. My top pick though would be Helen McCrory. Another choice would by Jennifer Ehle.

Me too. It's funny I re-appropriated a few ROME faces as I was reading but not in the way the show has cast these actors. I love the Lady Barbrey character tho, I hope she's in there! (Love me some Polly Walker too!)

Gina McKee is a good idea. I also like her for Lemore. Polly Walker doesnt look natural enough. She's obviously had a lot of plastic surgery and I don't think it would fit in the world. What about Helen McCrory, Kelly MacDonald, Jennifer Ehle, Sarah Parish, or Maria Doyle Kennedy?

Gina McKee is a good idea. I also like her for Lemore. Polly Walker doesnt look natural enough. She's obviously had a lot of plastic surgery and I don't think it would fit in the world. What about Helen McCrory, Kelly MacDonald, Jennifer Ehle, Sarah Parish, or Maria Doyle Kennedy?

Any of them would be great in this role.

You know who could have been a great Barbrey Dustin? Michelle Fairley, for realz! After seeing her play a villain in "24" I think she could have nailed it as Lady Dustin.

And I think she'll be great as Stoneheart

• 2 weeks later...

Archived