[Book Spoilers] EP402 Discussion

Ran

I liked the death scene, but the episode was a little underwhelming for me tbh. The premiere was better throughout. Also, is Balon Greyjoy still alive in the show? I can't remember them mentioning it yet. Funny because he dies before Robb and Joffrey in the book.

Yes he is still alive!

Season 3's finale, they got Theon's manhood in the box, then the sister did the random 'I'm going to save him!!!!' thing(yeah 50 man ship vs. The Dreadfort).

Some other moments I liked:

Jaime and Cersei being the only ones to rush to help Joffrey.

"NEITHER WILL YOU." GRRM writes the sassiest dialogue.

Tyrion putting his hand over Sansa's during the dwarf entertainment. Blah blah blah whitewashing, Book Tyrion was too far up his own ass to do anything of the sort, I know, I know. I still liked it.

Could tell from the previews that Moat Cailin would be in this season.

I thought the whole affair was pointless in the books, sorry to see they brought it over.

Wondered how Locke was going to get to CB.

Guess he's gonna wind up as BBQ on a stick before he can reach it.

I < 3 Olenna.

Best part of the episode was the Oberyn - Loras gaze, along with the Brienne - Jaime eye lock.

Pycelle is such a dirty old fart.

And we finally see Varys!

The very saddening aspect of this episode is that we will no longer be graced with Jack's immense talent. He's said he's done with acting after this show, which is disappointing because he really, really nailed Joffrey like no one else could :bowdown:

Yes he is still alive!

Season 3's finale, they got Theon's manhood in the box, then the sister did the random 'I'm going to save him!!!!' thing(yeah 50 man ship vs. The Dreadfort).

Yeah, weird. The dwarf representing Balon falls and say "I'm drowning", but in the TV show he's not dead yet.

Some other moments I liked:

Jaime and Cersei being the only ones to rush to help Joffrey.

"NEITHER WILL YOU." GRRM writes the sassiest dialogue.

Tyrion putting his hand over Sansa's during the dwarf entertainment. Blah blah blah whitewashing, Book Tyrion was too far up his own ass to do anything of the sort, I know, I know. I still liked it.

Absolutely loved the irony and tenderness? of that act.

Talk about horrible timing! After Joffrey sliced the pie, the power flickered for a second...long enough to knock out the cable, of course. By the time it came back, Joffrey was dead! I watch with a show-only person, who about ten minutes earlier said he was praying Joffrey's wedding went as well for him as the RW did for the Starks. The stupid storm deprived him of that moment.

I liked Oberyn's scene with the Lannisters, and his little mention of Myrcella. That guy is awesome, and will be taken from us far too soon for my liking. We got a lot more of Jack Gleeson, but I'll miss him anyhow. He somehow got me to hate Joffrey at least as much as I did in the books, if not more. Great bit of casting and acting with him.

My impression was that Shae would go scorched earth on Tyrion for revenge.

Oooh, though, I really like Chebyshov's idea that Bronn is already bought off and is already lying to Tyrion about Shae. Nice.

Also liked Oberyn reminding Cersei that Myrcella was effectively the Martells' hostage and subtly threatening Myrcella's safety. Well done.

If they went that route, I guess Bronn's betrayal would hurt more than Shae's (that's me personally, tho), but the whole Oberyn-Ellaria-Cersei-Tywin exchange..... Best scene in the whole episode, IMO.