[Book Spoilers] EP402 Discussion

Ran

I < 3 Olenna.

Best part of the episode was the Oberyn - Loras gaze, along with the Brienne - Jaime eye lock.

Pycelle is such a dirty old fart.

And we finally see Varys!

The very saddening aspect of this episode is that we will no longer be graced with Jack's immense talent. He's said he's done with acting after this show, which is disappointing because he really, really nailed Joffrey like no one else could :bowdown:

i agree on the Joffrey part. He was a fantastic villain. I am sure they will start building up Ramsay and Roose to take his place. Jooffrey was such an easy character to hate.

My guess is Varys, Bronn mentions Varys in the scene, I think.

I really disliked this. Back to Shae Superwoman Whore. She loves Tyrion and WTF? He thinks it's better to tell her he wants her to leave because she's a whore instead of to save her life? When did he get this stupid?

I thought it was extremely stupid, and she isn't that dumb in the show. My sister and father will kill you, so you have to get on the boat, end of discussion is much more sensible than what they did.

I actually thought it worked because Tyrion told Varys that he had warned her several times and she wouldn't listen.

Also, there are some who theorize that Shae was always Tywin's pawn/whore--because Bronn stole her from someone else in Tywin's camp and it's never mentioned who that was. (Not sure where I stand on this) Anyway, if that's true, she might think that she has nothing to fear from Tywin.

I also found it interesting that Bran is starting to get visions. In the first season the producers were so strongly against giving him dreams, for whatever reasons, but it looks like they can no longer avoid it. Snow on the throne, dragons over King's Landing. Interesting stuff.

Yes, loved the visions! Need to rewatch and analyze. Was anyone else reminded of the movie, The Ring, during those visions?

I was ready to watch the episode and a friend fainted. FAINTED. In front of me... it was awful. By the time we got her home I only managed to see the end, when Joffrey started to choke.

How is your friend doing? Was it show-related anxiety or something else?

Forgot to mention early, Theon was AWESOME. I was really pleased with his reaction to hearing about Robb's death. He had to hide it from Ramsay, but I was VERY glad to see the emotion there. I didn't feel we got enough of it from Jon last week and Sansa in last season's finale due to the way the scenes were written.

Yeah, weird. The dwarf representing Balon falls and say "I'm drowning", but in the TV show he's not dead yet.

Shit. Y'know what? Either that was foreshadowing for the Unsullied or it was a genuine mistake by GRRM (i'm thinking it might be the latter).

Some other moments I liked:

Jaime and Cersei being the only ones to rush to help Joffrey.

"NEITHER WILL YOU." GRRM writes the sassiest dialogue.

Tyrion putting his hand over Sansa's during the dwarf entertainment. Blah blah blah whitewashing, Book Tyrion was too far up his own ass to do anything of the sort, I know, I know. I still liked it.

I do hope the show keeps Book Jaime's "Joffrey was a little shit and deserves to die" attitude. Normally that kind of attitude would annoy me but I think everyone would understand if the son in question was Joffrey.

For all the Penny haters....you do know that nothing prevents Penny from being off screen at the Wedding. Later she can simply say she used to help her brother put on his costume.

I don't see what she can contribute to the show. I'm 99% sure she's cut.

I think the shae set up is obvious. Bronn and Shae never went to the ship. I watched season 2 again and the scene where bronn brings shae to tyrion he asks where he got her. He say some prick two tents down. He was talking about tywin. It was a setup since season two. It's who shae was waiting to during Blackwater. There is now no chance that Tyson kills her

Edited by go joff go

This is awesome! However I cant fin the moment where it goes in the cup. Was that offscreen?

I didn't see it either, but I thought it happened when Joffrey was cutting the pigeon pie. Everyone's attention was on that.