[Book Spoilers] EP402 Discussion

Ran

But no "rue the day i raped your mother..." :crying:

C'mon GRRM, quit cutting out your best material!

I know the show can push the lines at times with what they show/say but I'm not sure if they will go that far. Which is sad as that is one of the best insults from the book. I had to put it down for a minute after reading that and just think "DAMN!" He did not just say that!

What, dwarfs can't have poetic license? Especially to please the King? Of course Lannisters know Balon is still around. That's why Roose is mopping him up. Problem considered solved.

It's not a case of what else happens in the episode. It's more down to the fact that the PW portrays Balon as dead and buried when we know fine well that in the show he isn't at this point. If these scenes were filmed far apart, any change to the script and any minor mistake (like this) could have went unchecked. That's my opinion on the matter anyway. You can chalk it down to forshadowing or w/e if you want, but why distinctly mention dwarves in your reply? I can't help but feel that was some sort of veiled insult- suggesting i'm somehow prejudice against dwarves?

I think it will be offscreen. Otherwise they must show someone pushing him, which would take half the fun of it.

Heh i hope so. We have to have the Unsullied version of the Banana Peel.

I liked that Sansa's expression seemed to indicate that she understood that Ice was now Joff's new toy :(

Her ice cold stares were marvelous, as were the ever so tender moments between her and Tyrion.

Yes. Sophie has very little lines but her non-verbal acting was beautiful. <3

Yeah, that was add to. Theon never told anyone about it. So, I'm guessing, they'll remove the whole part of the fake Arya.

Oh i dont think they will. I hope not anyway cuz i find that plot fascinating. Plus it reveals how depraved the Boltons and Littlefinger are.

For people who don't like Cersei's "feed the leftovers to the poor" intervention: I thought it was deliberate and playing with the pie-theorists (i.e. the people who think Joffrey was poisoned by the pie), since it suggested that maybe Cersei might have poisoned her own son, which would play with her instantaneous move of pointing a finger at Tyrion right after Joffrey dies. Just a thought.

It's going to be tough to cap - as the QoT is walking away from Sansa, you can see her bend her right arm in front of Margaery and you hear a "clink".

Just caught it, thanks! That's incredibly subtle. Also some slow-moving poison, unless Margery didn't slip it in until after the pie was brought out

Damn! Thought I'd never catch up with this thread!

Loved the Bran and - da da - Bloodraven scene.

It's kind of a shame Sansa and Tyrion are now parted, just when their empathy is building. Great to see people's expressions as Joff's psychopathic behavior escalated.

Liked the brotherly scene with Tyrion and Jaime. Sad to see Theon struggle with his emotions when learning of Robb's death. I see Cersei is honing her bitch skills, but I did enjoy the scene with Pycelle.

Loved the purple wedding. Although wish the necklace had been more "obvious"?

Nice character building on the Boltons, Reek, and three eyed crow.

BUT WHAT THE FUCK. They have continued to Butcher Stannis... like wtf wow. He burned them for TREASON, for making secret deals with the Lannisters, not for their religion. WTF!!! Thats totally BS. Stannis was never religious, he only uses Mel as a means to an end, he's never a believer himself. WTF. Fucking horrible.

I think the thing that confuses me the most is that it was GRRM who wrote this episode. Why would he change Stannis like that...

I agree with the Stannis comment. Didn't even get Alester's title right. No one to blame here but GRRm since he wrote the episode right? Small thing to complain about. The Bolton/Reek relationship was great.

For people who don't like Cersei's "feed the leftovers to the poor" intervention: I thought it was deliberate and playing with the pie-theorists (i.e. the people who think Joffrey was poisoned by the pie), since it suggested that maybe Cersei might have poisoned her own son, which would play with her instantaneous move of pointing a finger at Tyrion right after Joffrey dies. Just a thought.

I don't see a problem with that. I thought it was a nod to the books where we see Cersei make these stupid and horrible decisions over petty slights, anger and jealousies. That was closer to Book Cersei than we've seen for a while.

I've never heard the pie theory, which seems crackpotish to me....I just thought it showed us some of Book Cersei--complete stupidity, counter productive move because it was someone else giving an order instead of her.

I have no problem with Dwarf!Balon saying, "I'm drowning!" It is known (heh) that those salty Iron Islanders have a Drowned God and a thing for all things watery. Not sure why Mel's prophesies are playing out in the wrong order, though.

Not the point. The point is: if Balon is alive, how could Joffrey claim he defeated him?

Well Tyrion touches the cup and wine, Sansa touches the cup and the thorn in the Lions paw is sitting right next to the cup when Tyrion picks it up off the table to give to Joff. They make sure she is in the shot.

Now for a moment of silence to honor the legendary King Joffrey Baratheon first of his name, hero of the Black water, who single handedly defeated all five Kings without breaking a sweat, who exposed and Ned Stark for the treasonous bastard he was, who gave the evil Sansa a proper beating, the god king to whom the world bent the knee. His kind heart that gave Jobs to dwarves when no one else would, who fed the belligerent peasants with a firm hand and love instead of things like pretentious food, who took in a Queen who had lost her king and made her his wife, who out smarted Tyrion the stupid evil dwarf time and time again. The man the myth the modern day warrior King Joffrey Baratheon who may now rule the seven heavens as he once ruled the seven kingdoms.

FINALLY!!!! Someone who sees it how it really was! I feel this is what GRRM was really going for but ppl were so caught up in the whole, "gotta take the North from the Starks while I have a chance" that they forgot... wait... did u say Joffrey or Balon??

Damn! Thought I'd never catch up with this thread!

Loved the Bran and - da da - Bloodraven scene.

It's kind of a shame Sansa and Tyrion are now parted, just when their empathy is building. Great to see people's expressions as Joff's psychopathic behavior escalated.

Liked the brotherly scene with Tyrion and Jaime. Sad to see Theon struggle with his emotions when learning of Robb's death. I see Cersei is honing her bitch skills, but I did enjoy the scene with Pycelle.

I've always thought that Tywin must have secretly been quite relieved that Joffrey was dead. Joffrey grown into adulthood with total power was a scary prospect; Joffrey would have had no qualms about killing Lannisters, including Tywin himself.