[Book Spoilers] EP402 Discussion

Ran

Why did Bronn lie about Shae being taken care of? After Tywin told Cersei to send Shae to the Tower of the Hand, and she ran away from Bronn? He said Shae was on the ship? is this a set up for Shae to become Tysha and not suffer her fate in the book?

Edited by Fool of a Book

Selyse: Their souls are with our Lord now. Their sins are burned away. Did you see?

Davis: I'm sure they're more than grateful, my Queen.

And, uh . . . Was Mel sitting at the head of the table facing Stannis?

I think I'm in the minority but I really don't like most of the Dragonstone scenes unless Davos is taking charge. Just not a fan of show Stannis and Mel.

Re: The pie

They did show a peculiar close-up of it after Joff hacked it open. Very quick though so may have been just to show there was actual food in there :) With all the emphasis on the wine I figured Unsullied would assume that was where the poison came from.

Edited by yushkevitch

Boom, stone missing!

Re: The pie

They did show a peculiar close-up of it after Joff hacked it open. Very quick though so may have been just to show there was actual food in there :) With all the emphasis on the wine I figured Unsullied would assume that was where the poison came from.

It was to show he killed a pigeon cutting it open.

Edited by PhoenixFlame

Just starting to watch.

Myranda is the new Rose/Talisa/Chic, isn't? The 21 Century gal they simply put there because whatever dude... inclusion.

Myranda is the manifestation of every fangirl on tumblr who has venerated Iwan Rheon's comeliness and downplayed Ramsay's utter loathesomeness since the leak (it rhymes with Reek!) of his casting.

:)

Also a swerve for book readers like me who thought a "Myranda" character might turn out to be Myranda Royce as part of the cast of characters at The Vale when Sansa escapes there.

Edited by Sour Robin

Well, that confirms that the Queen of Thorns slipped Joff the poison. You can clearly see her palm the jewel off of Sansa's necklace while fiddling with her hair, which is then missing a piece. And when Tyrion picked up the cup to give Joff his last drink it had been sitting right in front of her at the table. LF had already hinted at it strongly in the books, but it's nice to have it confirmed.

Also, that whole convo with Bran about how he'll forget Winterfell and his familiy if he stays in his wolf for too long made me worry about Jon...I think the personality changes in him after he's resurrected are going to be more drastic than some people are anticipating. Maybe some Lord Beric style memory problems.

Edited by Ser Wun Wun

To me, it's more like they've set up Mel as the main villain, now Joff has is dead, than the Boltons. Has anyone else got that impression rather then seeing the Dragonstone scenes as the butchering of Stannis?

For as creepy as Melisandre is in the show, she's not the one plotting against our beloved Starks like the Boltons apparently are.