[Book Spoilers] EP402 Discussion

Ran

I don't really understand why Jaime would train with Bronn rather than Brienne.

The wedding was great though, and we went a whole episode without a brothel scene! Sure they worked in the contortionist with a close-up of her crotch for the dude-bros, but I'll still count it as progress.

He needs to establish a relationship with Bronn so he can take him to the Riverlands, Brienne is going her own way as we know.

I don't really understand why Jaime would train with Bronn rather than Brienne.

Brienne bested him when he still had his hand and mocked him afterwards for being overrated as a swordsman. Maybe Jaime doesn't want to be reminded of that, although I'm sure Brienne would be sensitive now given their improved relationship. He seemed awfully vulnerable when talking about his hand to Tyrion.

"Hello mother" <kiss. smile>

What the fuck? I actually feel a bit... sorry for him D:

Ahaha, I love her "WTF...hiiii" face. I love her voice! I hope since she's no longer sneaking with Roose that now she'll wear some pink.

Why Jaime uses Bronn as a sparring partner despite the fact he can talk? Tyrion vouched for him. Jaime trusts his bro. I loved Tyrion dumping a bit of wine out in response to Jaime's fumbling.

Loras was on FIIIIIRE! His sick burn to Jaime was twenty kinds of epic. Then his eyeflirting with Oberyn. PLEASE OH PLEASE.

I think that was a vision of Aegon's Balerion the black dread. Shadow the size of a 747. When I saw the trailer I was really wondering how they could have been so off on the size of the shadow, but now it makes sense. It's a vision of the biggest and oldest dragon Westeros has ever known.

But KL didnt exist when Aegon conquered the seven kingdoms

Also attached is a scene of a destroyed red keep

Edited by ♛ Queen Alysanne ♛

Ahaha, I love her "WTF...hiiii" face. I love her voice!

Yes, that was classic! Walda was so adorable!

I was disappointed that everyone wasn't more drunk at the after wedding party, but damn this episode was great.

I also remember how in the books it seemed to be an important point that Tyrion was really, really drunk by the time Joffrey's choking rolled around. He seemed much more in command of his senses in the show.

Ahaha, I love her "WTF...hiiii" face. I love her voice! I hope since she's no longer sneaking with Roose that now she'll wear some pink.

Why Jaime uses Bronn as a sparring partner despite the fact he can talk? Tyrion vouched for him. Jaime trusts his bro. I loved Tyrion dumping a bit of wine out in response to Jaime's fumbling.

Loras was on FIIIIIRE! His sick burn to Jaime was twenty kinds of epic. Then his eyeflirting with Oberyn. PLEASE OH PLEASE.

feels...

love that scene not enough of them in the books

also,

Stannis' hatred for fish better not become the new "chicken" joke

pretty awkward dinner, if i say so, myself

Edited by SnowOther

Pretty disappointed they opted to not include the Black Gate. It's not a vital scene, but it made Bran's story a lot more interesting. And at this rate, Coldhands probably wont make an appearance either.

The Obery vs the Lannisters was hilarious, non-subtle burns stacked on top one another. Loras' convo with Jaime was pretty awesome as well.

The episode was solid overall. Just lacked Wildling/Night Watch action. But they're gonna make up for it later on, no doubt.

Overall the Ep was very pleasing.

Melisandre eating was sort of upsetting. Selyse was entertaining haha. Stannis' face was priceless. Not enough Davos.

Reek is full blown Reek. Not sure how I feel about Locke going after the Stark boys. Im guessing he runs into some not so friendly peeps from north of the Wall....

As for the wedding, damn near spot on. As expected from Mr. Martin himself. The Robb dwarf was def hooded and noted as such. Joffs face, Cercei reaction, and Jamie's reaction as well were....legit. LOVED seeing a jewel missing after Lady Olenna played with Sansa's hair.

Yes, I know it's great to laugh at us Stannis fans having a terrible night. I'm probably about the only one who found his love for Shireen important, and potentially hopeful for future arcs, but overall I felt that while they did a really terrible job with him, the episode was quite good. Purple Wedding was everything I hoped for. I even liked the Ramsy-Roose scenes, despite the odd way in which they're handling Moat Cailan.

Brienne bested him when he still had his hand and mocked him afterwards for being overrated as a swordsman. Maybe Jaime doesn't want to be reminded of that, although I'm sure Brienne would be sensitive now given their improved relationship. He seemed awfully vulnerable when talking about his hand to Tyrion.

Yeah, I forgot about how tactful Bronn is. He is truly the most courteous and understanding of people. I'm sure that after their sparring session they will go out for ice cream and have a nice heart to heart. :P

Yeah, I forgot about how tactful Bronn is. He is truly the most courteous and understanding of people. I'm sure that after their sparring session they will go out for ice cream and have a nice heart to heart. :P

True, but Jaime wouldn't know that. Nor had he ever been beaten before by Bronn when he had his hand.

That's a really good point. If they were going to mess with shit and have Brienne in KL early, there really should have been a scene with Brienne and Sansa re: Catelyn, how she served her mother, respected her, gives her condolences to Sansa. I mean we got the scene with Marg, and now another exchange. Would have taken all of a few minutes.

Wow I didn't even realize until now. Huge oversight.

Exactly, no matter how they spin it, it was a mistake to get Jaime and Brienne back to KL so early. It destroys Brienne's character AND we didn't even see Jaime react to his son's death! Not even a look at Cersei, not even a glance of concern, just one mid shot of him from the side with no emotion. So what was the point of changing the timing??