[Book Spoilers] EP402 Discussion

Ran

On a sadder note, oh my god poor baby kraken Theon. Reek. My heart was in pain. His face when Ramsay revealed Robb's death...I think his silent staring was less "imma gonna cut this fucker's throat" and more his "I should've died with him" monologue. I love how Roose was so soft and calm but so obviously pissed at how Ramsay handled things. Ramsay and Locke bro-ing out was funny.

Also, given his slightly less brutish characterization on the show, I don't mind Ramsay having a female playmate. His tone when complimenting her shooting reminded me of Lestat's when he was fooling around with the hooker, if a tad more sincere. She's still just a toy to him. At most a Build-a-Bear.

Edited by PhoenixFlame

But KL didnt exist when Aegon conquered the seven kingdoms

Also attached is a scene of a destroyed red keep

Balerion lived to see 3 more kings. Bran saw events from the past as well as the future.

I don't know, I'd like to think it was Balerion.

On that note, there was a rather curious vision of an Other, or at least its reflection as Cersei is heard shouting "he saw us!". Did we get a glimpse of the Others' home?

Edited by Vegeta_Greyjoy

I rewatched the Stannis scene and don't have that much of a problem with it. He's clearly displeased with the burning. When Selyse told him he hated fish, he responds, "I hate a great many things but I suffer them all the same." It's clearly directed at Mel, tho they should have had Stannis make eye contact with her to hammer the point home IMO.

Exactly, no matter how they spin it, it was a mistake to get Jaime and Brienne back to KL so early. It destroys Brienne's character AND we didn't even see Jaime react to his son's death! Not even a look at Cersei, not even a glance of concern, just one mid shot of him from the side with no emotion. So what was the point of changing the timing??

Rubbish. Jaime fled over to Joff immediately. There is a reaction.

Fat Walda was more disgusting than I thought she'd be

You shut your mouth. Fat Walda is epic.

I love Jaime/Bronn training. I rooted for it so hard.

So it's Tyrions fault Shae will do what she does? I don't like that. I'm also far less confident Shae's story will take the same path it does in the book. In fact, I'm quite convinced Shae will be the reason Tryion asks the quesiton "Where do whores go?" That means a less brutal close to Tyrions story this season, but I suppose it makes sense for the show . . . not sold on it though.

Ramsay's "Why doesn't Daddy love me??!" face after Roose stepped away from him. It was almost saddening but, well, obviously the son is a shadow of the father.

I did like that shot of Jaime shoving past people to get to Joffrey--and yelling "Joffrey" instead of "Your Grace."

Oh oh, shadow over King's Landing. It was a crow, not a dragon. On my big TV the wings looked more feathery than membraned. The POV of a Bloodraven crow flying overhead?

So many amazing little details! Joffrey laughing so hard he spits out his wine, while Margaery glances over with disgust. Tyrion glaring at Tommen's laughter at the dwarves, and the kid immediately shutting up.

Oh, the Martells! I loved Oberyn in the audience during the wedding ceremony. Then, his sick burn. It looked like Tywin was almost amused at Oberyn swatting back at Cersei after she insulted his paramour and engaging in some Olennaesque Snark-to-Snark combat...until Oberyn took it up a notch and proved he wasn't just there for the appetizers. Tywin's obsessed with legacy, but he runs circles around so many characters I think his show version is a little pleased when someone can snark right back, a la Arya. Within reason of course.

Was it just me or did the blood drain from Brienne's face as Cersei continued to stare at her silently? Then you have Jaime glancing over at them and probably thinking "OMG every fantasy I ever wanted!!!"

Edited by PhoenixFlame

I cried when they closed in on Sansa watching the reinactment of her fathers death. There were a lot of heavy looks in the scene, particularly from Oberyn. Just knew he recognized another tortured at the hands of the Lanisters.

Exactly, no matter how they spin it, it was a mistake to get Jaime and Brienne back to KL so early. It destroys Brienne's character AND we didn't even see Jaime react to his son's death! Not even a look at Cersei, not even a glance of concern, just one mid shot of him from the side with no emotion. So what was the point of changing the timing??

Screen time for NCW?

At least this season it's not one 10-minute scene that they painfully stretch into 2-minute scenes across 5 different episodes, though the question of whether it's "progress" is open to debate.

Ramsay's "Why doesn't Daddy love me??!" face after Roose stepped away from him. It was almost saddening but, well, obviously the son is a shadow of the father.

I did like that shot of Jaime shoving past people to get to Joffrey--and yelling "Joffrey" instead of "Your Grace."

Oh oh, shadow over King's Landing. It was a crow, not a dragon. On my big TV the wings looked more feathery than dragon. The POV of a Bloodraven crow flying overhead?

No. Its a dragon. Sorry. It made a dragon noise and was very obviously big leathery wings.

Rubbish. Jaime fled over to Joff immediately. There is a reaction.

So they changed the entire timing of Jaime and Brienne getting to KL... just so Brienne could kiss Marg's ass while ignoring Sansa, and we could get a short shot of Jaime heading over to Joff?

ETA: Come on... you know they could have shot that scene with more Jaime "feels." The actor was right there, not doing anything else more important than watching his son die.

Screen time for NCW?

At least this season it's not one 10-minute scene that they painfully stretch into 2-minute scenes across 5 different episodes, though the question of whether it's "progress" is open to debate.

Ah... Aha.

Edited by Fool of a Book

So they changed the entire timing of Jaime and Brienne getting to KL... just so Brienne could kiss Marg's ass and we could get a short shot of Jaime heading over to Joff?

Ah... Aha.

Wtf you asking me that for? Probably did that because it would take about four episodes to get those two back to KL to begin with. Notice how everything is a bit more condensed following the wedding and zooming right into post wedding stuff. There. Was. No. Time.

Jaime now officially 0 for 3 in Kingsguarding.

Another change by the show I am satisfied with.

(I love, btw, how even he did more than Trant/the others, who literally stood around and did nothing. We're told at the beginning of the story that The Kingsguard is "the best of the best" and immediately begins hammering home that this Has Not Been True In A Long Time. The show treating the lot of them like (mostly un-named) complete jabronies is a wonderful little detail.)

Oh oh, shadow over King's Landing. It was a crow, not a dragon. On my big TV the wings looked more feathery than dragon. The POV of a Bloodraven crow flying overhead?

I wasn't keen on show Ramsay last year but he's winning me over big time with those puppy dog eyes and childlike grin.

Crows don't have tails. :cool4: