[Book Spoilers] EP402 Discussion

Ran

It was rather nice to see right after the guy who married Joffery state the part about being torn apart the camera was on the Grandmother.

I noticed that as well. Very clever.

Btw, did anyone notice Penny was not part of the dwarf jousting? I saw all men and no women.

If you look carefully, "Robb" was wearing a wolf's head for most of the joust, and when it was removed, "Robb" was wearing a red skullcap and had some sort of veil partially obscuring his/her face; when "Robb" falls, it's away from the camera. Seems like a good way of futzing "Robb" being played by a female actress.

There is little to suggest an actual lust between Jaime and Brienne.

LOL, besides Jaime getting a boner when he sees her naked, you mean? :D

Edited by Newstar

Olenna name-dropped the Iron Bank during her conversation with Tywin, too. "'The Iron Bank will have it's due,' as they like to remind everyone."

Which Tywin promptly pooh-poohs as no big deal, and Olenna points out Tywin's too smart to not sweat the Iron Bank.

Even I'd forgotten about it until now. Few viewers will remember it, but it's there and established for when they need it later.

Nice.

Again, another nice plot point from the first two episodes that not-so-discreetly was followed up on in Martin's latest TWoW. GRRM, you crafty S.O.B.

Minor changes??? Is that a joke? Stannis burning people for not converting religions is a huge change to his character. In the books he's an atheist and never harms anyone that doesn't believe in the Lord of Light. In the show he just does it cause yolo. It's a horrific change and makes his character very unlikable and villainous.

besides being a happytrigger who wants to burn Gendry after only one King died, or the choice of pardoning Davos and going up north being left for the Red Wich....the Mannis is being literally butchered.

The King in the North was masked the whole time. He apparently had a male voice the whole time, but there's still an avenue for it.

I actually just remembered that Penny is a necessity since she needs to be there with Tyrion in book 5 getting Lion chopped. I think the reason they didn't reveal the face of the KitN is because they haven't found a suitable female dwarf for Tyrion to kiss yet.

Btw, did anyone notice Penny was not part of the dwarf jousting? I saw all men and no women.

Yes. Thus there was much squeaking and rejoicing. KitN dwarf had his wolf hood knocked off to reveal a bloke. Sorry guys.

Olenna name-dropped the Iron Bank during her conversation with Tywin, too. "'The Iron Bank will have it's due,' as they like to remind everyone."

Which Tywin promptly pooh-poohs as no big deal, and Olenna points out Tywin's too smart to not sweat the Iron Bank.

Even I'd forgotten about it until now. Few viewers will remember it, but it's there and established for when they need it later.

Nice.

Yeah cuz Mark Gatiss is playing a Braavosi banker this season.

I seriously thought they were going to throw in a glimpse of Lyanna in Bran's vision for a second there.

I would have lost my shit. Even if it were a pan over her tomb statue. But it was Ned in the Black Cells staring up. Still a nice touch. Mah Ned. D:

Edited by Florina Laufeyson

He even wrote hey let's have Jaime and Brienne look back while naked in the bath and remember when they were naked in the bath scenes. There's something there. You just don't see it.

Agreed! Jaime and Brienne are closer to a Battle Couple than Brothers-in-Arms.

Oh, the makeup/small effects teams were firing on all cylinders! Margaery's hair was gorgeous, Sansa's cheekbones have never looked finer, and dear lord Joffrey had blood coming out of his pores.

Edited by PhoenixFlame

He even wrote hey let's have Jaime and Brienne look back while naked in the bath and remember when they were naked in the bath scenes. There's something there. You just don't see it.

Yes, there is something there. But the something there is the complete and total admiration for Jaime after he tells her the truth about becoming "Kingslayer".

I noticed that as well. Very clever.

If you look carefully, "Robb" was wearing a wolf's head for most of the joust, and when it was removed, "Robb" was wearing a red skullcap and had some sort of veil partially obscuring his/her face; when "Robb" falls, it's away from the camera. Seems like a good way of futzing "Robb" being played by a female actress.

LOL, besides Jaime getting a boner when he sees her naked, you mean? :D

When was the last time Jaime saw a naked woman again? It's human nature lol, even if she's not an attractive one as Brienne certainly isn't.

I thought that was something worth noting. I don't think they're including the story of Penny and her brother.

Some of the Tyrell host is missing at the wedding too, e.g. Willas, Garlan and their retinue.

Edited by PB Pate

Minor changes??? Is that a joke? Stannis burning people for not converting religions is a huge change to his character. In the books he's an atheist and never harms anyone that doesn't believe in the Lord of Light. In the show he just does it cause yolo. It's a horrific change and makes his character very unlikable and villainous.

Quite annoying. He does seem a bit conflicted but in the end that just shows he doesn't have a backbone to confront Melisandre. Because that's what Stannis is all about, right? It's not like he has a strong will or anything. He is the hapless dull king and evil Melisandre is pulling all his strings.

If watches existed in Westeros, the Tyrells would've all been flashing their wrists when Joffrey started munching on the pie. Concern over Joffrey's cruelty? More like "goddammit we should've hired Micheletto."

This is made of win.

Edited by PhoenixFlame

I thought that was something worth noting. I don't think they're including the story of Penny and her brother.

Well, she doesn't necessarily need to be tied to the dwarf joust.

Once Cersei puts the hit on Tyrion and people start decapitating dwarves willy-nilly, there's plenty of possibility for a male dwarf to be murdered and his surviving sister to blame him for it. She wouldn't recognize him this way, of course, but she can overhear him I.D. himself or he can see her crying, ask what's up, get the story, do a long silence for the viewers to connect the dots, then admit to her who he is as an answer she she invariably wails "why would someone want to kill him?" and then they're right back up to speed on this arc.

The show is taking different paths to the same major plot points. It's fun to not exactly know what's coming and what order it's coming in.

The joust. Jesus... it's so... there is anybody there who wasn't either offended or disgusted?

New Tommen was laughing until he looked at Uncle Tyrion and saw how offended he was.

(Sold it well enough, eagerly anticipating this kid getting some actual lines though.)

Edited by Sour Robin