[Book Spoilers] EP402 Discussion

Ran

Suddenly, i regret reading your post.

Especially that. Ramsay/Roose/Theon was really really great and i cannot understand how anyone can be mad about that.

Maybe because the books payed special attention to Theon's emotional and physical breakdown while simultaneously showing us what a hideously malicious creature Ramsay is. The books also treated us to third party witnesses to Ramsay's sadism and never tried to present him in a remotely human way.

But if you're okay with the show completely overseeing Theon's storyline and then only airbrushing his teeth yellow and making Ramsay kinda just this guy then hey, I respect your opinion. Maybe you could try respecting other's.

I just rewatched the Olenna and Sansa scene and you can clearly see when she takes one of the stones. I also heard the "plonk"-noise while she was walking back to her seat. However that could not have been the moment she dropped the stone into the jar, because it happened while she was before Margaery. The jar used by Tyrion later to fill Joffreys cup was standing before Cersei. Therefore I think she dropped the stone on one of the fruit plates next to Margaery. She took it a some point and put in the the filled cup after taking it from Joffrey just before he was cutting the pie.

I thought that was a horse but immediately thought of Cold Hands as well.

I think it was the horse of the WW during the last scene of Season 2.

Edited by stunningsteve

I'm not in love with the collective changes to the Stannis line as well, but anyone else think that D&D might try to float the idea out there that Mel tells Stannis to sacrifice Shireen for the Stone Dragon stuff?

So much about the Stannis line is different and in tonight's ep. Selyse is pretty critical of her which could suggest they could reasonably justify taking the plot in that direction at some point in the future. Shireen fits the "King's Blood" requirement that is needed. Again, I'm not suggesting that this happens, either in the books or the show, just that D&D could potentially float it out there.

Actually, it seems they are confirming the opposite.

He was pissed as ***** when his wife suggested beating the "right" religion into her.

And just look at the glare he gave Mel (and her priceless reaction to it) after his wife said Mel should speak to Shireen.

It screamed "I better not find one more scar or burn upon her face."

Ok, I finish the episode.

I guess the Unsullied must be confused as fuck about who's the killer.

Tyrion

Dontos

Varys

Oberyn

Loras

Lady Olenna doesn't look anything like a suspect unless you're really really paying attention.

My mother figured it out before the end of the episode. Unsullied arent that dumb.

Just freeze framed one of Bran's vision and I could swear it has a frozen rose in one of the scenes.

:o omg i have to look for that.

Maybe because the books payed special attention to Theon's emotional and physical breakdown while simultaneously showing us what a hideously malicious creature Ramsay is. The books also treated us to third party witnesses to Ramsay's sadism and never tried to present him in a remotely human way.

But if you're okay with the show completely overseeing Theon's storyline and then only airbrushing his teeth yellow and making Ramsay kinda just this guy then hey, I respect your opinion. Maybe you could try respecting other's.

Maybe you should stop watching the show and posting here if it bothers you so much. Nothing is more irritating than those who scream "RUINED FOREVER" over something as trivial as the color of an actor's teeth.

Edited by Florina Laufeyson

Actually, it seems they are confirming the opposite.

He was pissed as ***** when his wife suggested beating the "right" religion into her.

And just look at the glare he gave Mel (and her priceless reaction to it) after his wife said Mel should speak to Shireen.

It screamed "I better not find one more scar or burn upon her face."

I'm not saying Stannis does anything with it and I'm not saying Stannis wouldn't be against it, because he would. I'm saying that they could have Mel suggest it; it doesn't matter that Stannis would be abhorred by it. Show Selyse, like book Selyse, is the more religiously fervent in their marriage and more likely to, in the scenario that I think D&D could create, tell Mel/Stannis it. Obviously I'd agree Stannis would be super pissed at hearing that but with how much they've already changed his plot I could see them molding it into his mind over time.

I was really hoping Jaime would not just be an ass to Loras and invite him into the Kingsguard. But I think I'm the only person who cares that he isn't in a white cloak.

This is something I must have missed and am curious about. Is Loras not Kingsguard on the show? I guess he must not be if he is betrothed to Cersei. Wonder why they made the change.

Ok, I finish the episode.

I guess the Unsullied must be confused as fuck about who's the killer.

Tyrion

Dontos

Varys

Oberyn

Loras

Lady Olenna doesn't look anything like a suspect unless you're really really paying attention.

A surprising number of them think Tywin might be behind it (apparently forgetting that bit where Tywin establishes he won't even kill Tyrion for the sake of convenience).

Sansa's suspected too, though that mostly has to do with "she's a Stark and he's put her through hell" so it's her motive/narrative satisfaction trumping all.

I actually haven't seen anyone accuse Loras, though!

I like how this, at least early on, has a "who shot JR?" quality to it.

Well, that confirms that the Queen of Thorns slipped Joff the poison. You can clearly see her palm the jewel off of Sansa's necklace while fiddling with her hair, which is then missing a piece. And when Tyrion picked up the cup to give Joff his last drink it had been sitting right in front of her at the table. LF had already hinted at it strongly in the books, but it's nice to have it confirmed.

Also, that whole convo with Bran about how he'll forget Winterfell and his familiy if he stays in his wolf for too long made me worry about Jon...I think the personality changes in him after he's resurrected are going to be more drastic than some people are anticipating. Maybe some Lord Beric style memory problems.

I'm not surprised. I've never understood why whenever the subject of Jon or Arya possibly dying and going into Nymeria that fans say it will preserve them. Varamyr's prologue implied the opposite to me. They say you forget. They fade until there's nothing of them left.