[Book Spoilers] EP402 Discussion

Ran

No. Sigur Ros lol.

I did not know who Sigur Ros was until reading about them in these ep 02 threads. When the Rains was being played over the end credits, the non-falsetto of Birgisson really has a timbre similar to Gleeson's voice. I can't speak for any other pieces Jónsi sings but I could picture that being Jack singing.

Edited by snowy

Also, I haven't seen anyone mention this anywhere (but then, 37 pages is a lot), but I noticed how they included the bit about Tywin shitting gold. Perhaps we'll get that line in some form after all?

Yeah, picked up on that too. It's too good of a line to not fit in there somehow. My guess is Varys asking what happened in the Tower of the Hand, to which Tyrion replies along the lines of "Turns out my father does not shit gold after all".

From an interview with the showrunners on EW.com posted after the PW aired:

Weiss: To preempt objections, it is not feasible, on a production level, to have a person riding a pig.*

But you looked into it.

Weiss: We did. We were told it was not fair to the pig. They said it would be okay with a pig riding a person.

Heh. So no Pretty Pig (or Crunch), I assume. Penny and Tyrion could just do the jousts with horse costumes the way they used in them in this episode, though. Or Tyrion could learn some other kind of performing skill from Penny (there have been a few references to juggling).

Edited by Newstar

pretty much, fuck going to sleep!

Omg. It's UnHeisenberg. :eek:

there is probably like ten poeople who get that, i got you :lol:

Sigur Ros:

" okay, so imma have some gold thrown at me whilst i perform? not to mention I get cut off, i guess thats cool! whoah! hold on, i aint pickin' that shit up, though..."

Edited by SnowOther

Oh my god the laughter at Locke and Ramsay being torturebuddies :D

:lol: Yeah - "I hear you cut his hand off - awesome, bro !"

From an interview with the showrunners on EW.com posted after the PW aired:

Weiss: To preempt objections, it is not feasible, on a production level, to have a person riding a pig.*

But you looked into it.

Weiss: We did. We were told it was not fair to the pig. They said it would be okay with a pig riding a person.

This did not surprise me at all, that it was minus the pig and dog for these reasons.

Edited by Pod The Impaler

Did anyone else notice how in the scene with Bronn Jaime was holding Oathkeeper in his hand at the beginning, in the next scene as he is walking over to pick up the blunt practice sword it has magically disappeared? Glaring continuity error.

This episode left me a bit disappointed, so many scenes that either seemed pointless, wrong or could have been done much better.

Did anyone else notice how in the scene with Bronn Jaime was holding Oathkeeper in his hand at the beginning, in the next scene as he is walking over to pick up the blunt practice sword it has magically disappeared? Glaring continuity error.

This episode left me a bit disappointed, so many scenes that either seemed pointless, wrong or could have been done much better.

I did notice this, a bit lazy of them.

I disagree with you about the overall episode though, thought everything was done at a high level. Consigning half the episode to the wedding was important as well, and they seemed to include just about everything from Tyrion's chapter in the books.

I thought that scene between Locke and Ramsay was interesting. IIRC, it's noted in the books (ADwD I think) that House Locke dislike Ramsay Snow. Remember in ADwD Old Lord Locke and Wyman Manderley are eating merrily and japing together? I wonder than if Locke in the show only feigns friendship with Ramsay when in truth he actually despises him, or whether he and Ramsay are actually just two peas in a pod, and consequently will fight for and defend House Bolton no matter what. Truly an interesting development.

FWIW, from what I've gathered through the rumour mill Locke will be sent north to the wall.

So...thoughts?

My guess is Varys, Bronn mentions Varys in the scene, I think.

I really disliked this. Back to Shae Superwoman Whore. She loves Tyrion and WTF? He thinks it's better to tell her he wants her to leave because she's a whore instead of to save her life? When did he get this stupid?

Earlier in the episode Tywin says to bring Shae to his tower before the wedding

yes, i was wondering about that. "i saw her to the ship and i wasn't followed." yeah, right.

anyway, i don't like how they played that scene, it felt really unrealistic to have shae crying while tyrion's lying. the whole thing didn't flow, imho. but they had to get shae to turn somehow.

he said he was followed and he assumed it was varys

the back and forth scene cuts during Joffreys dissimation of the book are badly done also.The actors are never in the same position, and they flail/become statues during those scenes quite a bit, haha

I thought that scene between Locke and Ramsay was interesting. IIRC, it's noted in the books (ADwD I think) that House Locke dislike Ramsay Snow. Remember in ADwD Old Lord Locke and Wyman Manderley are eating merrily and japing together? I wonder than if Locke in the show only feigns friendship with Ramsay when in truth he actually despises him, or whether he and Ramsay are actually just two peas in a pod, and consequently will fight for and defend House Bolton no matter what. Truly an interesting development.

FWIW, from what I've gathered through the rumour mill Locke will be sent north to the wall.

So...thoughts?

eek, i was gonna say this earlier but its early in the episode so i forget. but i have NO IDEA and i wanna know, dammit. CRACKPOT

"edd, fetch me a block2.0"

Edited by SnowOther

Fantastic episode. Could have done better with more focus on KL and more interactions of characters, and they should've skipped Stannis.

I kept watching Marge's and Olenna's hands to see if they floated above the goblet. I think Marge did the actual poisoning. She did take the goblet at one point just before the event.

AND JOFFREY'S DEATH!!!

Joffrey's face was far more scary looking. I didn't expect blood in his eyes!