[Book Spoilers] EP402 Discussion

Ran

Because she has to be around to give testimony condemning Tyrion in 4x0_ (4x06 or 4x07, I'm guessing), something she can hardly do if she's chilling in Pentos.

I really hope we get the lines where Shae says Tyrion forced her to do unnatural things and Oberyn wants more details!

I know these threads are equally for fun and speculation as well as discussion, but man...some of you REALLY reach with the foreshadowing.

Really good episode...my biggest gripe is Brans wig doesn't seem to be growing as quickly as he is.

:)

Yeah , man, I mean Isaac Hempstead Wright was 15 during shooting, but looks almost 18 - 20 years old!

Anybody else notice Dean-Charles Chapman our new Tommen Baratheon (actually our new king)...

Didn't have a line of dialog.

One of the few times Lena Headey's acting didn't cut it.

If you look at the promo for next week, she seems to be really losing it (in the same scene). It may have just been poor editing, or a scene that would have benefited from not being chopped in two.

Joffrey's death was done terribly bad. Nothing from Cersei.. It's like she didn't even give a shit! he should have been surrounded by people trying to save him... I hate HBO so much.

We see a quick take on Jamie , then the camera stays on Cersei ... that seemed odd.

(Of course Jamie was not there in the book.)

Edited by boojam

I really wasn't the biggest Bolton fan in the books...but I love the dynamic between these actors. Roose/Ramsay really aren't anything like I pictured them but it's not stopping me from enjoying their scenes...I can't wait to see all the Bolton/Frey/Manderly antics play out.

Edited by White Harbors Wrath

Joffrey's death was done terribly bad. Nothing from Cersei.. It's like she didn't even give a shit! he should have been surrounded by people trying to save him... I hate HBO so much.

Geez, what are you supposed to do when someone's choking to the point of bleeding out their eyes and nose? Jaime tried to do whatever he could in that situation, while Cersei was just in pure shock. I don't know how anyone could dispute Lena's acting there; she went wild at the end of it. She literally spat at the guards to seize Tyrion.

Edited by Koi No Yokan

In Bran's vision, it seemed like Ned noticed something and looked up at the tree. Implication that Bran can travel to the past through the weirnet.

Also, who did Bronn say he boinked when he was sparring with Jaime? Could it be a replacement for Lollys and his future child "Tyrion"? I watched twice and couldn't catch the name.

In Bran's vision, it seemed like Ned noticed something and looked up at the tree. Implication that Bran can travel to the past through the weirnet.

That was Ned in the Cells after he got arrested and Varys goes to see him. IIRC the sequence goes Ned sharpening Ice, torch in the dark, then Ned looking up.

There is the Dragon birds eye view of KL during Brandons vision and then a birds eye view of KL in the current timeframe with the wedding decorations , maybe if we compare the two we could be able to tell if it is from the past of present time , I'm guessing the city layout would be different if the Dragon shot was from the past.

I am really getting tired of this.

When season 4 was first starting to be previewed what sprung to my mind was that this dragon-shadow over KL was a symbolic foreshadowing of the Targaryen invasion on Westeros, we have Dany and maybe? another Targaryen ?

The dragon shadow is a metaphor for the Targaryen threat not some vision from the past.

No actual dragon like Balerion the Black Dread from the past is the signal, it's from the future.

Well tough titties. Did it ever occur to you that a vision of Balerion could also be foreshadowing of the present dragons?

Ned was in the black cells there, he looks up because Varys has entered with a torch, you can see it light his face.

That was Ned in the Cells after he got arrested and Varys goes to see him. IIRC the sequence goes Ned sharpening Ice, torch in the dark, then Ned looking up.

So now we have Bran able to weirnet into the Black Cells? Odd.

Also, who did Bronn say he boinked when he was sparring with Jaime? Could it be a replacement for Lollys and his future child "Tyrion"? I watched twice and couldn't catch the name.

Seems like show Bran might not become

tree Bran although he'd have to hide from the White Walkers either way.

Edited by Vegeta_Greyjoy