[Book Spoilers] EP402 Discussion

Ran

all of that was at the end of season 3. Same episode Stannis's daughter teaches Davos how to read.

I win! great scene, that was.

I wonder how they will get Stannis to the wall. Will we get to follow their journey, or will they appear first when the battle comes..

I have to say I love the way Tyrion attempting to drive Shae off has been described: he White Fanged Shae, he Nymeriaed Shae, he pulled a Harry and the Hendersons on Shae, etc. etc. :D

Can't say I'm too fussed about Dontos' vastly reduced role. I never liked him, and there are way too many creepy old men populating Sansa's arc as it is.

• Loved Bran's vision. (That does look like a blue rose in the ice - thanks for whomever screencapped that.) All the footage while he was Summer I think is a great setup for a very similar thing they could do when (and hopefully if) they finally get to Jon and Arya's warging abilities.... could be very similar footage, but the reveal is not Bran. Could be AWESOME

Oh damn, with 50 some pages and not a ton of free time today, I guess I missed the discussion of the possible blue rose in the ice during Bran's vision? Son of a.........................le sigh. A girl must.......rewatch the show again soon. LOL, like I wasn't going to anyway, right?

Oh damn, with 50 some pages and not a ton of free time today, I guess I missed the discussion of the possible blue rose in the ice during Bran's vision? Son of a.........................le sigh. A girl must.......rewatch the show again soon. LOL, like I wasn't going to anyway, right?

Yeah but who knows what the heck we are looking at in that screen capture....looks like f*ck all to me. I don't see a blue rose.

I have to say I love the way Tyrion attempting to drive Shae off has been described: he White Fanged Shae, he Nymeriaed Shae, he pulled a Harry and the Hendersons on Shae, etc. etc. :D

Can't say I'm too fussed about Dontos' vastly reduced role. I never liked him, and there are way too many creepy old men populating Sansa's arc as it is.

I'm fine with him being reduced, but his little head just popping out of the bushes to grab Sansa at the end there made me laugh a little, which I don't think was their intent.

I'm fine with him being reduced, but his little head just popping out of the bushes to grab Sansa at the end there made me laugh a little, which I don't think was their intent.

i dont think so, either. Funny thing is, it shouldve been. She's being rescued by a "fool" with a ridiculous hat its something Sansa brings up in the books, her "florian" or whatevr

I wonder how they will get Stannis to the wall. Will we get to follow their journey, or will they appear first when the battle comes..

Damn I don't remember. I thought Shireen taught him to read when he was in the cell right after he returned to Dragonstone?

I see where you're coming from.

My take is GRRM didn't completely understand the science behind the method so there will be several loopholes. Even when LF was explaining to Sansa in the books I was still confused as to how it actually went down.

I can give you several examples of how ASOIAF is not a treatise in materials science - at least the Earthly type. If it were there would be fatal plot errors.

You can see Stannis's ship sailing under the Titan of Braavo's cause he's gonna visit the Iron Bank.

Edited by Tall Tyrion Lannister!

When Joffrey cut the pie, Olenna's ass was all the way at another table. Nowhere near the chalice.

yeah you're correct she was at the next table down, the shot made it seem like the chalice was in front of her. Either way no way she dropped it when she was walking away from Sansa. Far to early

Edited by Mark Antony

Bran having the same vision of the throne room in ruins and covered in snow makes me believe this is something that we're gonna seen in the books before the end.

Anyway great episode, I'm going to miss Jack Gleeson, shame he's quitting acting now.

So, um, Tywin totally covers Tommen's eyes while his brother convulses. My heart might have cracked a little bit.

Wow I did not notice that.

I didn't even notice Tywin covering Tommen's eyes. I'm going to ignore that because 'caring grandpa' is just too dam adorable and will conflict my 'Tywin is an evil Bastard who deserves to die on the shitter' feels. Although, to be fair he did have some softer moments with Arya in season 2 as well.

Catelyn's eyes weren't covered when Robb was killed, Rhaenys may have covered her cats eyes and the Reynes may have tried to cover their kids eyes....Bingo! Still an evil bastard...with some fucked up morals.

Although, it will be interesting to see if we get any Tywin giving Tommen advice/wisdom scenes.