[Book Spoilers] EP402 Discussion

Ran

They're running out of good meat since they're kinda besieged, which means they're probably down to grilling old gym mats.

In 32 episodes, I have yet to hear one iota of American English.

Oberyn accusing the Lannister of being "slow on the draw" was an American idiom, I believe.

Given the primarily English/European cast (and crew?), American colloquialisms don't seep into the show that much.

But Sansa knows! She believes to have had a part in murdering Joffrey, she will believe that everyone knows and that makes her emotionally dependent of Baelish. She has to thank him now for giving her shelter and she has to believe that she will never be free of that murder accusation. If now Baelish might make her believe that she has a part in Robin's death then he absolutely has her in his pockets emotionally. And physically because she'd have nowhere to go. As Sansa she poisoned the king, as Alayne she believes herself to have killed the boy. Catch 22, LF's perfect tool.

Why doesn't Sansa just pull an Arya and shank Littlefinger a couple times with a sharp blade?

A few topics of note:

Might have been addressed, but I didn't make it through all 60 pages of the thread since most of it focused on the necklace.

Do they have a reveal plan for Balon Greyjoy? They may touch on that when they get back to Yara or Moat Calon?

The 5 Kings mummers show - the Robb Stark dwarf has a very deep voice yelling "I'm the King of the North." -- doubtful that it will turn out to be Penny. Most likely, one of the performers will be her brother. The irony would be if the dwarf who played Joffrey turned out to be her brother (and subsequently killed because of Tyrion) - now she would seek vengeance for "Joff".

I'm a little disappointed that they ignored a Loras/Brienne confrontation. I expected a fight between them because Lora would still believe Brienne killed Renly. I guess that was covered by the Margaery/Brienne scene last week.

Speaking of Loras - they may wait until Cersei has complete power/control to dissolve her engagement with Loras and as a way to hurt the Tyrells - force him to join the Kingsguard to take away their only heir.

Thoughts?

A few topics of note:

Might have been addressed, but I didn't make it through all 60 pages of the thread since most of it focused on the necklace.

Do they have a reveal plan for Balon Greyjoy? They may touch on that when they get back to Yara or Moat Calon?

The 5 Kings mummers show - the Robb Stark dwarf has a very deep voice yelling "I'm the King of the North." -- doubtful that it will turn out to be Penny. Most likely, one of the performers will be her brother. The irony would be if the dwarf who played Joffrey turned out to be her brother (and subsequently killed because of Tyrion) - now she would seek vengeance for "Joff".

I'm a little disappointed that they ignored a Loras/Brienne confrontation. I expected a fight between them because Lora would still believe Brienne killed Renly. I guess that was covered by the Margaery/Brienne scene last week.

Speaking of Loras - they may wait until Cersei has complete power/control to dissolve her engagement with Loras and as a way to hurt the Tyrells - force him to join the Kingsguard to take away their only heir.

Thoughts?

ShowLoras has already said (while looking at Renly's body) to both Margaery and LF that he doesn't believe Brienne had anything to do with Renly's death.

Well, yeah, IMHO this is how Joffrey's death scene should've gone down:

Joffrey: *choke,gag* (Points at Tyrion instead of vague "reaching" gesture).
Joffrey: *dies*
Cersei: (shriek) "He's dead! My son is DEAD!" (hysterics)
(Camera pans out for crowd reaction shot)
(END OF EPISODE, roll credits!).

Next episode's opening scene:

Cersei total meltdown: "You did this!! YOU KILLED MY SON! Seize him!"

Why D&D didn't do this is beyond me...

"He turned her hand over and lightly kissed her wrist. “So tell me,

sweetling—why is Harry the Heir?”

Her eyes widened. “He is not Lady Waynwood’s heir. He’s Robert’s heir. If Robert were to

die...”

Petyr arched an eyebrow. “When Robert dies. Our poor brave Sweetrobin is such a sickly boy,

it is only a matter of time. When Robert dies, Harry the Heir becomes Lord Harrold, Defender of

the Vale and Lord of the Eyrie. Jon Arryn’s bannermen will never love me, nor our silly, shaking

Robert, but they will love their Young Falcon... and when they come together for his wedding,

and you come out with your long auburn hair, clad in a maiden’s cloak of white and grey with a

direwolf emblazoned on the back... why, every knight in the Vale will pledge his sword to win

you back your birthright. So those are your gifts from me, my sweet Sansa... Harry, the Eyrie,

and Winterfell. That’s worth another kiss now, don’t you think?”"

I thought the episode should've ended with Littlefinger's ship sailing off into the distance (with Sansa on the ship).

Am I the only one who misses Joffrey? :laugh: I just love to hate him. Not to mention I absolutely enjoyed Jack's acting, it was really amazing.
The episod was very good and I liked all Ramsay and Theon scenes. Ramsay is the other psycho that I find very interesting. His "relationship" with Miranda was little weird to me bur it's interesting to see what is going to happen with her...Replacing Illin with Bronn is strange too but I guess it makes sense in the show plus - I finde Bronn amusing.

I actually don't like them splitting the scene at all. I think Cersei's entire freak out and Tyrion's arrest should have been included in this episode alone. Then Ep3 could open with Sansa's escape and Tyrion already in jail.

I

I always thought that Robyn will die because of his illness but in the years ahead and not at the hands of LF or Sansa apparently. this theory is new to me lol

The Eyrie's Maester is concerned about the toxic build up of the sweet sleep that LF has told the maester to give the boy for his shaking sickness. I suspect the boy will *accidentally* be given too many doses too close together.

The Eyrie's Maester is concerned about the toxic build up of the sweet sleep that LF has told the maester to give the boy for his shaking sickness. I suspect the boy will *accidentally* be given too many doses too close together.

and how does Sansa fit into this? it's the sweet sleep given to Robyn on the way down to the Gates?? bc it's the only thing i can think of.

We've already had Viserys face melt, smash cut to credits; Ned Stark head chop, smash cut to credits; Jaime hand chop, smash cut to credits; Cat Stark throat slit, smash cut to credits; do we really need to criticize them for actually avoiding the hackneyed cliche this time around?

and how does Sansa fit into this? it's the sweet sleep given to Robyn on the way down to the Gates?? bc it's the only thing i can think of.

They are already giving him sweet sleep prior to the trip down from the Eyrie. The maester is worried that he has had too many doses already. I doubt that Sansa will be responsible for his death, but I think she'll know about LF's role, especially since she's heard the maester voice his concerns.

They are already giving him sweet sleep prior to the trip down from the Eyrie. The maester is worried that he has had too many doses already. I doubt that Sansa will be responsible for his death, but I think she'll know about LF's role, especially since she's heard the maester voice his concerns.

Agreed. It will be a moral dilemma for her, especially given how much she stands to gain from his death.

What makes no sense? That the best strategist in Westeros would not want to get rid of the worst king in years, who started the war by beheading Ned Stark and attempting to kill Bran? The guy who would probably get them all killed in the end, like the Mad King got all the Targaryens killed?? It's obvious even in the books that he was happy to have Tommen on the throne.

I have no idea what you mean with your second argument.

As to the second argument, what would be the point in revealing that Tywin was involved now, at this point in the story?

As to the first, Tywin wouldn't even kill Tyrion, who he hated, until he seemed to be a regicide. Even Roose Bolton fears kinslaying. And if he did want to be rid of Joffrey, there were a million better ways to do it, ways that didn't squander valuable assets like Sansa.