[Book Spoilers] EP402 Discussion

Ran

I sorta think that the Tyrells wanted to make it look like a genuine choking instead of pointing the finger at Tyrion and Sansa. Tyrion was sort of in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I think that was plan A

But I think when you poison someone, in case someone notices it was poison anyway you should always have a plan B which is: hide the poison on someone else. And I think the Tyrells are too smart for not having plan B.

And I don't really believe in the Tyrells genuine care for Sansa, I think if anything the Tyrells are very pragmatic, they side with whoever seems likely to win, first Renly then the Lannisters. Sansa might have been a nice addition to get hold of the North but after she got married to Tyrion she sort of lost some value despite the fact that the Tyrells are known to sort of care for her and the fact that she clearly has more reason to hate Joffrey so who better to use as a poison delivery? Especially as the Tyrells that like her so much would never set her up. ;)

Because this is a TV show, and a necklace is easier to shoot, allow someone else to touch and have the missing stone easily kept in frame and seen in the shot without having to shoot the back or top of Sansa's head.

I thought the color was fine, considering how hard staying true to color is with video. (Green-eyed actors show up as blue-eyed a lot.)

They're not going to spend post $$$$ on fixing the color for book fans when it's close enough, and there are dragons and Lady S to pay for.

Nobody would have even seen a purple hairnet in Sansa's hair. The necklace was a good visual. It was dang hard enough seeing Olenna play sleight of hand with one of the necklace jewels. Seeing her do that to a hairnet would have been impossible.

Why not? Most everything in Bran's vision was a literal event. Why would a dragon flying over KL not be a literal event to come?

Bran is going to warg a dragon.

And why can't the three heads be Jon, Bran, and Arya since they're all wargs?

Too bad old King Torrhen, the king that knelt, didn't brush up on his warging abilities prior to Aegon the Conqueror's arrival. Balerion would have bucked him like a rodeo clown.

That works for some storylines, like KL, but not others. Because in that case, it took Bran & co. an entire year to walk from Winterfell to the Wall.

The North's huge. They're attempting to evade everybody, and poor Hodor has to wheelbarrow Bran, and most likely most of the supplies, quietly the whole way. It could easily take a year to do that.

Well, yeah, IMHO this is how Joffrey's death scene should've gone down:

Joffrey: *choke,gag* (Points at Tyrion instead of vague "reaching" gesture).

Joffrey: *dies*

Cersei: (shriek) "He's dead! My son is DEAD!" (hysterics)

(Camera pans out for crowd reaction shot)

(END OF EPISODE, roll credits!).

Next episode's opening scene:

Cersei total meltdown: "You did this!! YOU KILLED MY SON! Seize him!"

Why D&D didn't do this is beyond me...

Cutting out mid-scene would be a bit like coitus interruptus. How are you supposed to just begin again with Cersei practically mid sentence? What benefit would there be to delay Tyrion's arrest to next week? It's still a cliffhanger the way they did it - we don't know what's going to happen to TV-Tyrion, we have no idea where TV-Sansa is heading, and we suspect all the other TV-suspects at the moment, who are all probably wishing they could sneak onto Littlefinger's boat out of KL.

Because she is Sansa and not Arya?

I'd certainly like Sansa to become more active but there are different ways of being active and I guess this would not be her approach.

Apart from that putting a character in that kind of ambiguous situation, letting said character simmer for a while and flirt with going over to the dark side simply makes a good story.

I am not really sure if Baelish wants to kill Robin right now but I think it may happen by accident and Baelish may make use of it, morally handcuffing Sansa, or making Sansa his tool may at some point be more important than Little Lord Arryn alive.

And indeed, so far Sasa has little reason to distrust LF, she simply does not know what he did to her family. By now he is her, albeit somewhat sinister, benefactor, the man who saved her not only from a murder accusation but also from her mean aunt.

Coming back to the Arya comparison: Sansa could make use of her abilities and spy on Baelish, question people, read his letters....... whatever clever investigation could be done - if Martin wants her to become clever so soon.

Sansa has it in her to kill someone. She's still a wolf. She had murderous thoughts about Joffrey all throughout the books, and TV-Sansa contemplated pushing Joffrey off a wall.

I never realised that who killed was a mystery until this thread.

In the books, LF tells Sansa he plotted with Olenna.

Anyway.

Great episode.

I laughed at te guy in this thread saying that because Joffrey didn't claw his own throat, that HBO are lazy and didn't bother much with the episode.

The same episode where Joffrey cut open a pie and doves came flying out. But they skimped on the details cos they're lazy lololol

Wasn't this episode awesome? I was so shocked when they arrested Tyrion for something he would never do. If he wants to kill somebody he would never poison this person. But who will sit on the throne now?

Furthermore I'm really interested in Bran's story. Will we see him transforming into an animal at the end of the season? (this is not a Spoiler i didn't read the books ^^)

If you're interested in a funny comic related to the 2nd Episode of Season 4, you can find it here:

or

The comic is called "A Game of Tropes - Nevermore"

Do you remember this scene? ^^

If you want to see more comics like this just search for #BOUT2

Edited by UNoNuthinJonSnow

I never realised that who killed was a mystery until this thread.

In the books, LF tells Sansa he plotted with Olenna.

Some book readers got into a snit about it years ago, way before the show.

Saying that LF lied to Sansa....

(Except that LF had to be part of plot ,no matter how complex.)

A case could be made for several parties at the wedding and not at the wedding, or a collusion of parties.

There is even some argument over wither the poison was Strangler or something else and if there were a lot of faints within faint within faints in the whole sequence... and that's the page ... not the show.

Some of still puzzles me too.

Edited by boojam

It really doesn't, it could easily be in the top left corner(her right) of her neckline hidden behind her robe + hair.

So who do we think spoke to Bran? I hope it was CH.

yeah ok but only if you are blind, go watch the episode again maybe on slow and pay attention maybe?

Sansa has it in her to kill someone. She's still a wolf. She had murderous thoughts about Joffrey all throughout the books, and TV-Sansa contemplated pushing Joffrey off a wall.

Exactly! I'm not a Sansa hater. I just hope she eventually stops being a pawn, and it would be very poetic if she was the one who ended up killing LIttefinger.

Exactly! I'm not a Sansa hater. I just hope she eventually stops being a pawn, and it would be very poetic if she was the one who ended up killing LIttefinger.

You may get what you want...

(Storm of Swords Book spoiler)

"I dreamt of a maid at a feast with purple serpents in her hair, venom dripping from their fangs. And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow."

"I dreamt of a maid at a feast with purple serpents in her hair, venom dripping from their fangs. And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow."

In my mind, it goes something like this...

[sansa points her dagger at Littlefinger's chest]

Sansa: Offer me money.

Littlefinger: Yes!

Sansa: Power, too, promise me that.

Littlefinger: All that I have and more. Please...

Sansa: Offer me anything I ask for.

Littlefinger: Anything you want...

[sansa plants the dagger into Littlefinger's stomach]

Sansa: I want my father back, you son of a bitch!

Edited by iknownothingjonsnow

Not only will she 'slay' said giant, but she'll also make a small child cry at the same time. She will become a master of multitasking.