[Book Spoilers] EP402 Discussion

Ran

She's just like a sister to him. ;)

Har-har, very funny, but what I am trying to say is that Jaime and Brienne are like a pair of brothers; they are both masculine. Brienne's interaction with Jaime, her blushing when they're naked together in the bath and everything is because she's extremely awkward when it comes to men (virgin, hasn't really seen too many naked dudes, Jaime saves her from being raped, etc.). There is little to suggest an actual lust between Jaime and Brienne. GRRM as I'm sure most people know also was a producer on the Beauty and the Beast TV series, so the connection there is evident, but still IMO not very likely to actually happen given the overall lack of evidence.

Har-har, very funny, but what I am trying to say is that Jaime and Brienne are like a pair of brothers; they are both masculine. Brienne's interaction with Jaime, her blushing when they're naked together in the bath and everything is because she's extremely awkward when it comes to men (virgin, hasn't really seen too many naked dudes, Jaime saves her from being raped, etc.). There is little to suggest an actual lust between Jaime and Brienne. GRRM as I'm sure most people know also was a producer on the Beauty and the Beast TV series, so the connection there is evident, but still IMO not very likely to actually happen given the overall lack of evidence.

The whole Brienne/Cersei scene was more to actually depict how ridiculous and mad Cersei has gotten in her head. Notice after that scene she proceeds to lambast Pycelle. Just more character development for Cersei than anything to do with Brienne/Jaime really.

uhm

theres hardly any evidence for R+L=J+D+A=POOP either :laugh:

Perhaps the former poster should re-watch the episode. Tywin explicitly stated he wanted Shae to be in the tower of the hand after the wedding.

Tyrion will kill Shae. Shae will die. It's that simple. Tysha is pretty irrelevant, even in the books imo, we all know she will never appear again in the books.

Tysha is most definitely not irrelevant for a number of reasons, but it's kind of super important in the privy scene since Tyrion literally asks Tywin one question, and that is "What did you do with Tysha?". Tywin's goading to the answer makes Tyrion pulling the trigger all the easier.

Tysha is most definitely not irrelevant for a number of reasons, but it's kind of super important in the privy scene since Tyrion literally asks Tywin one question, and that is "What did you do with Tysha?". Tywin's goading to the answer makes Tyrion pulling the trigger all the easier.

He could easily ask "Did you fuck Shae?"

And boom.

Olenna name-dropped the Iron Bank during her conversation with Tywin, too. "'The Iron Bank will have it's due,' as they like to remind everyone."

Which Tywin promptly pooh-poohs as no big deal, and Olenna points out Tywin's too smart to not sweat the Iron Bank.

Even I'd forgotten about it until now. Few viewers will remember it, but it's there and established for when they need it later.

Nice.

She's just like a sister to him. ;)

:cool4:

Lena killed it in this episode too. Her "all out of fucks" takedown of Pycelle, lashing out at Margaery Diana, shoving Jaime away from Joffrey... They could've directed it to have her screaming, but I think that would be a too on-the-nose mirroring of the RW. Also, Cersei lashes out a lot, but she's rarely loud about it. The main time I recall is her screaming at Tyrion when Myrcella was getting shipped off.

I like Stannis and a lot and I think the show has done a good job adapting his side of the story. Some of you grieve to insane levels over minor changes.

Minor changes??? Is that a joke? Stannis burning people for not converting religions is a huge change to his character. In the books he's an atheist and never harms anyone that doesn't believe in the Lord of Light. In the show he just does it cause yolo. It's a horrific change and makes his character very unlikable and villainous.

I like Stannis a lot and I think the've done a good job adapting his side of the story. Some of you grieve over the most minor changes.

i dont wanna be that ONE guy

but, nah brah! Stannis' story is pretty different. im still diggin in it but they fucked it up along time ago. its probably still headed in the same direction but the road there isnt (thats what was awesome about it too)

The J+D+A part means I think that's poop lol :D As in, that would suck as a plot, not as in, oh shit, that would be incredibly cool/look out Westeros.

:lol: haha, my bad! i was spamming you. And agreed screw that theory, im still in denial

Edited by SnowOther

There is little to suggest an actual lust between Jaime and Brienne.

He even wrote hey let's have Jaime and Brienne look back while naked in the bath and remember when they were naked in the bath scenes. There's something there. You just don't see it.

Love isn't always about lust, you know.