[Book Spoilers] EP402 Discussion

Ran

Yes. That is correct. In the books Ramsey disguised as Reek even brought the Starks boys clothes & Brans wolf pin to dress the dead boys in. It was all his idea

oh hell ya

he didnt need to torture theon for that. ramsey torturers people for the fun of it. more and more slips.

Did anyone catch the face that appeared in/near the throne in Bran's vision of the snow covered throne room? I am re-watching the episode now and I still missed it.

Ooooh I've been wondering the same thing. Tried to rewatch it but couldn't really tell who the mystery face was. If you have any idea, will you lommy know?

Jaime has too much pride to reveal who took his hand. He's not gonna run to his father like a little pussy to deal with this. If any Lannister dishes out vengeance against Locke, it'll be Jaime himself.

But I don't see that happening.

Oh, Jaime's gotta eventually have at least one left-handed fight in him before this song comes to an end. :)

At the right time, for the right reason, and it might ultimately be his heroic sacrifice, but he'll do it. Wanting to "pay his debt" to Locke seems as good a reason/motivation as any, at least at first, when he's failing badly and it'd be easy to give up/I'll never be able to do this, but that'll keep him going.

Maybe he'll even kill Locke so we believe in Southpaw Jaime enough to be devastated when he falls in battle the next time.

Locke trudges around the North looking for Stark Boys.

Brienne trudges around the North/Riverlands looking for Stark Girls.

Jaime follows Brienne around because why not?

Brienne and Locke chase a similar rumor, end up in the same place, cross paths. Thus, Jaime runs into Locke.

Badda boom, badda bing.

Jaime never told Tywin who took his hand. Only that he lost it but it wouldn't be a big deal. One hand, same as the other, etc. like in the books.

Now, it is curious that Tywin never asks Jaime "who did this to you?" at any point. Once Jaime defies him and Tywin gets mad at him, sure, disown him and pretend not to care for the sake of pride. But prior to that it seems like the sort of thing Tywin would very much want to know, for future debt-repayment purposes.

As it is, Tywin probably isn't going to find out now. Jaime seem unlikely to feel motivated to tell him now, and More Immediately Pressing Matters have officially just come up :) Lucky for Locke...

[spolers]

this is how it really went

"Lord Tywin pushed himself out of his chair, breath hissing between his teeth. “Who did this? If Lady Catelyn thinks—”

“Lady Catelyn held a sword to my throat and made me swear to return her daughters. This was your goat’s work. Vargo Hoat, the Lord of Harrenhal!”"

so jamie actually told his father. lord tywin would have tortured the goat. only that the mountain has already done the torturing .

in the show though, lord tywin dosnt even ask about the hand. very carelessly done HBO

Locke trudges around the North looking for Stark Boys.

Brienne trudges around the North/Riverlands looking for Stark Girls.

Jaime follows Brienne around because why not?

Brienne and Locke chase a similar rumor, end up in the same place, cross paths. Thus, Jaime runs into Locke.

Badda boom, badda bing.

We know that Brienne bites someones ear off this season. Seeing as how Biter and Rorge aren't associated with her story in the show, perhaps Locke will be her confrontation? The only problem is if Locke does reach The Wall (I'm sure it's been confirmed that he does), I just can't see him leaving it alive.

Great episode with lots of nice dialogue. You can really tell when Martin is writing, as well as Cogman. Both tend to have really compelling dialogue in their episodes.

... let us not forget that in the book Tyrion notes that Oberyn demands justice every single time he sees him. That's not what I would call subtle, and given that type of behavior I could definitely imagine Oberyn referring to Cersei as he did in the episode.

The Inigo Montoya thing heh

Marie

Jaime has too much pride to reveal who took his hand. He's not gonna run to his father like a little pussy to deal with this. If any Lannister dishes out vengeance against Locke, it'll be Jaime himself.

But I don't see that happening.

Tyrion could teach him a few things about fighting. I guess Bronn gave him lesson 101 of making do already.

Did we glimpse the Great Other in Bran's vision?!

Remember back when the 3-Eyed Crow showed Bran a glimpse of the Land of Always Winter? Bran saw Dreamers impaled on spikes of ice. I think we got a modified version of that on the show.

Someone uploaded the dream sequence to youtube. At the 3:14 mark, you can see shards of ice and a glimpse of what looks like an Other as well.

Ninja'd

Edited by RoamingRonin

We all know this fool. Now write an essay on how the poisoning went down. When did she slip the crystal? Who slipped the crystal?

Is this what passes for courtesy towards new posters these days? You can always ignore a post you think is overly long you know.