[NO SPOILERS] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode (READ THE OP)

shiola

- Varys getting smacked in the back of the head, and the look of utter annoyance that follows. (The Grand Maester got thwacked too I believe. But its funnier happening to Verys.)

- Melisandre keeping up appearances by sitting with Stannis the Mannis and Selyse at dinner. Followed by her visit to Shireen. "Afterwards they are filled with Joy." "Afterwards they aren't ash and bone."

- Cersei's interaction with Brienne, and Jamie's interaction with Loras which mirrored it.

- The Queen of Thorns in everything she does. It's a shame we couldn't get "The Serpent's Whore." Maybe in another episode? Still glad to get the interaction with Sansa. Also glad Dontos was the one to urge Sansa off once shit started going down.

- Oberyn and Ellaria in everything they do. Love the Dornish. Ballsy motherf*ckers. "Former Queen Regent." "Lady Cersei." You can just tell it irks the shit out of her.

-Bran and Bloodraven coming ever closer to one another.

I forgot to add.. There's some sort of exotic dancer/flexible sort of lady as part of the entertainment in a brief shot of the wedding. Podrick does like a quadruple take and just stares at her. I'm actually fond of the Podrick & Whores backstory. It's good for a chuckle.

Couple things I loved off the top of my head ...

+ Everything Bolton related. It was golden. Alfie's doing such a wonderful job as Reek.

+ Loved that the beginning of the Bran scene where they talk about how it's important he not forget himself in the wolf was lifted right out of the books.

+ "You'll never marry her." "And neither will you." BURN.

+ Everything. With. Oberyn. Martell. Is. Gold.

+ Lena Headey was in fine form tonight. I forget how fantastic she is sometimes.

+ Completely superficial but loved Marg's dress.

+ Sophie was golden as well. She conveys so much without even saying a word.

+ I loved that the episode had me on the edge of my seat for the last twenty minutes or so.

I forgot to add.. There's some sort of exotic dancer/flexible sort of lady as part of the entertainment in a brief shot of the wedding. Podrick does like a quadruple take and just stares at her. I'm actually fond of the Podrick & Whores backstory. It's good for a chuckle.

My favorite is when Oberyn and Ellaria stop at that contortionist.

Sansa's and Tyrion's wtf? faces after Joffrey graciously takes the gift. Absolutely hilarious. :lol:

The contrasting reaction of Sansa and Loras on the "war of the five kings" act. Both saw how the people they loved being mocked and degraded. Loras couldn't stomach it and walked away whereas Sansa forced herself to watch it and didn't even flinch. Great illustration of her inner strength. :thumbsup:

Absolutely loved the Terminator line of Dontos :lmao: :bowdown:

Every single thing Oberyn said :smoking: you call those Lannisters out man.

1. Sansa... Come on people... This was almost as difficult as RW...

2. Ellaria's dress... My God, when I saw it, my jaw dropped...

3. Loras and Jaime & Loras and Oberyn... Loras was the man of the night...

Everything was overall good, but my God, that Ellaria's dress... She should never go to another wedding... That dress was way too rude... :)

This so much. Loras's scene with Jaime is probably one of my favorite scenes with him even though it was short. That's right, you tell Jaime you know what is what. Seriously, I found Loras glorious in this episode and my eyes were straying to him even when he was a background character.

Sansa getting the cup for Tyrion. It was such a sweet "we are in this together thing." Personally, I love Sophie Turner's acting as Sansa and she is one of the main reasons that I like Show!Sansa better than Book!Sansa. I blame her eyes that showthe depths of her misery, and make me want to protect her and sic a direwolf on her enemies.

I thought it made the scene more powerful that Jaime was the first to reach Joffrey dying, and that both of his real parents were essentially holding him. Also, I got the vibes Jaime was like oh no I can't protect the KING, while Cersei was more about my SON. It was this beautiful cruel disconnect. Great death scene.

I love Charles Dance.

The Jaime vs Cersei part, exactly.

Good pick! It shows how different they really are.

Where do I begin?

On Dragonstone:

- Shireen's conversation with Melisandre. She is such a sweet and smart child.

- Stannis' undying love for his daughter and wife (judging from the story Selyse was telling)

- Stannis looking like a caged rat surrounded by religious fanatics

At the Dreadfort:

- Ramsay's hunt (poor Tansy)

- Theon's reaction to hearing that Robb's dead

- Roose burning Ramsay

- Fat Walda seems really sweet and nice

North of the Wall:

- the don't-get-lost-in-the-wolf conversation

- Bran's vision, which I'm dying to take apart frame by frame once it's on youtube

KL pre-wedding:

- the conversation between Tyrion and Jaime, particularly the part where Tyrion spills his wine on purpose as a gesture of sibling solidarity

- Joffrey thanking Tyrion for the book and then promptly destroying it with his sword

- Bronn and Jaime sparring

- Tyrion breaking up with Shae for good was as heart-wrenching as it ought to be

KL during the wedding:

- Margaery's dress

- Olenna comforting Sansa (watch Sansa closely!)

- Tyrion keeping his cool in spite of Joffrey's barrage of insults

- Margaery's constant annoyance at Joff's behaviour

- Cersei backstabbing Margaery by reversing her orders

- Oberyn burning Cersei (Lady Cersei... ouch) and reminding her that they still have her daughter

- Loras burning Jaime

- the joust (which, appropriately, was almost too painful to watch)

- the blink-and-you-miss-it shot of the dove that didn't make it out of the pie

- Jack Gleeson's acting in his final scene

I found it kind of funny that Ramsay chose to prove that Theon is broken by saying "I want you to hold this blade to my throat while I tell you someone you cared about is dead." I found it funny because there are probably other ways to make a point but he's so crazy.

Also, Locke and Ramsay being friends was touching in a weird, morbid, disturbing way. Seemed like he was a kind of "cool uncle" to him or something.

OOH OH and when Tyrion sends Shae away...I don't care for Shae or the actress playing her but that was still pretty sad.

I ALSO liked Tywin saying to have her brought to the tower of the hand. Dat foreshadowing doe. I have to rewatch though to make sure that's what he said, because the sound where I was watching wasn't too great.

not only that but if you went back and did a rewatch of the first three seasons, you would find that a lot of characters made very suspicious comments in retrospect.

Yes. I have seen each season numerous times. The foreshadowing is so blatant in retrospect... I love it.

Archived