[BOOK SPOILERS] Best Improvisations/Book Deviations of 402

Kaspiro

Bronn/Jaime fight was pretty awesome. I'm interesting to see how they keep Bronn around for Season 5. Loved the changed up Dwarf jousting as well. Thinking about it, that pretty much confirms Penny has been cut from the show which I'm rather selfishly incredibly happy about. But it was also a good scene.

No it doesn't.

Penny will be in the next season, trust me.

It wasn't his brides brother -it was his bride's first husband. It was his ex-fiance's brother. And also another man who had at least some appreciation KL, and who is still very much alive (Stannis). All around, it was a horrible idea, but totally Joffrey/LF.

I was referring to Loras, friend. He was the "horse" Renly was riding around.

Re: Brienne being in love with Jaime; well, this does happen in ASOIAF, but it is shown a bit more subtly. What bugged me more was Jaime being forced to care before the wedding what could happen to the King. In ASOIAF, he hardly even bats an eyelid when he hears of Joffer's death.

I take it Vargo, I mean Locke, won't get dismembered by The Mountain any time soon. I'd been morbidly looking forward to that one, seeing as it happens behind the scenes in the books.

"Who the hell is Jon Snow?" <-- loved that too, though I did think it a bit odd that Ramsay wouldn't know who he was.

Loved Bronn and Jamie and the dynamic between them.

I also liked the Locke/Ramsay friendship - it was a good touch.

I need to read the books again... it's been so long since my last re-read that I'm forgetting some of the details. I thought the exchange between Loras and Jamie was odd, but only because I remember Jamie realizing that Cersei isn't worth his worth his time.... but maybe that happens much later?

I think it was pretty obvious they weren't going to have the pig jousting - that would've been all but impossible to film (you try getting two pigs to run at each other in a straight line, with dwarves riding them no less!) esp. considering the number of takes it would've necessitated, all during an already very expensive wedding reception shoot.

The mini battle (pun, yes) was perfectly fitting as was the expression on the faces of the guests as it happened.

I just read the interview from show creators, they tried to get pig riding and the trainers told them that isn't possible but they could definately get the pig to ride on someone. :drunk:

Bronn/Jaime fight was pretty awesome. I'm interesting to see how they keep Bronn around for Season 5. Loved the changed up Dwarf jousting as well. Thinking about it, that pretty much confirms Penny has been cut from the show which I'm rather selfishly incredibly happy about. But it was also a good scene.

Everyone thought that Reeds were cut off from the show in season 2 but they appeared in season 3. So Penny can appear in the next season, those dwarves were definately dressed up, couldn't see which one was male or female. Or she could be sister of one of the performers too.

I take it Vargo, I mean Locke, won't get dismembered by The Mountain any time soon. I'd been morbidly looking forward to that one, seeing as it happens behind the scenes in the books.

I suspect Locke would be the plot to get some scenes for Osha and Rickon in this season, unless they are willing to let that actress go for at least 2-3 seasons. I doubt Locke would get anywhere near the Wall and Jon Snow/Bran storylines. Think Locke dismembering by Shaggydog, much more satisfying.

No it doesn't.

Penny will be in the next season, trust me.

I suppose they could introduce some random Dwarf mad at Tyrion because her brother was mistaken for him. But it's a slight indication that she might be cut and I kind of hope she is. I just think she's such a poor character.

Protar,

I don't share your conclusion at all. We don't see the face of one of the jousters (Robb Stark), so Penny could be retconned into the fight. Or just leave it at having Penny's brother be one of them. But anyway, it's not essential to Penny's character to be at KL for the wedding.

Protar,

I don't share your conclusion at all. We don't see the face of one of the jousters (Robb Stark), so Penny could be retconned into the fight. Or just leave it at having Penny's brother be one of them. But anyway, it's not essential to Penny's character to be at KL for the wedding.

Tyrion makes mention of one of the jousters taking the King's virtue. He'd be pushing it too far, knowing how Joff feels about homosexuality, to do that unless one (or more) of the jousters was a woman.

I was kind of looking forward to Jaime sparring with Ilyn Payne and hearing him click when he wants to laugh but I mean Bronn is a pretty good replacement. Will be funny to hear sarcastic dialog between him and Jaime.

The actor who plays Ilyn Payne is quite seriously ill isn't he? That would explain why they've moved Bronn into his storylines. I'd like to see Bronn go with Jaime to the Riverlands later, I think that would work well.

The actor who plays Ilyn Payne is quite seriously ill isn't he? That would explain why they've moved Bronn into his storylines. I'd like to see Bronn go with Jaime to the Riverlands later, I think that would work well.

Yes, you are correct, and I agree! I'd much prefer Bronn to travel with Jaime than to be shunted off to House Stokeworth

War of the 5 Dwarves.

Jaime vs. Bronn.

Tywin and Cersei vs. Oberyn and Ellaria.

Former Queen Regent.

Ouch.

"Hey Mom-"

"Not now Mace! Mommy has grownup stuff to talk about."

Loras to Jaime -

"And neither will you."

HA. BURN!

Ramsay, Roose, Locke and Theon gossiping while waiting for a shave.

Joffrey's nose bleeding, mouth turning red, and the blood spreading in his eyes.

Delivered the look of poison.

Someone mentioned it already, but when the High Septon says: "cursed be he who seeks to tear them apart" (or whatever), both Oberyn and Olenna were framed in that shot. Appropiate, since they both were the biggest enemies of the Lannisters back then.

Also, the War of the Five Dwarves.

Margaery declaring that all leftovers were to be given to the poor (she really gets that the smallfolk make a good shield as any) and Cersei telling Pycelle to give them to the dogs. Fantastic

Ramsey happily greeting an oblivious Fat Walda cracked me up so much

Loras leaving pissed off during the dwarves' show. Nice little red herring there.

Oberyn: "Hello--not you"

Yes, you are correct, and I agree! I'd much prefer Bronn to travel with Jaime than to be shunted off to House Stokeworth

Wilko Johnson, who played Ser Ilyn, is dealing with a diagnosis of terminal cancer... he's still playing shows in the UK (he's an incredible guitarist, highly influential, he was in the band Dr Feelgood) and recently released a critically acclaimed LP with Roger Daltrey from The Who... he's certainly living life as best as he's able (leaving the rest of us looking rather underachieving), giving what he's facing I think even the most diehard ASOIAF fan wouldn't begrudge him putting himself before the role of Ser Ilyn, I'd be delighted if he did return to the series, I got a real kick seeing him the cast first time round... but as you say, having Bronn as a substitute as Jaime's sparring partner is great and much preferable to him following his book plot line (which would presumably have him vanishing from our screens).

Jaime and Loras's conversation. George is such a snarky little soul.

Two show improvs that foreshadow things happening in the books:

- Olenna talking to Tywin about the IB. I was surprised by this scene, but I am really glad it's there. Pretty much confirms to me that we will see some IB action on the show.

- Cersei talking to Brienne about Jaime. It's a pretty big fandom ship but the hints are so subtle that it seems like there's a lot of detractors.

Protar,

I don't share your conclusion at all. We don't see the face of one of the jousters (Robb Stark), so Penny could be retconned into the fight.

I thought that, too, but the voice bellowing "I'm the King in the North!" is undoubtedly that of a man.

That is true. But apparently one of the dwarves was played by someone named "Krysten". I don't know. It's not necessary that Penny have that connection back to the PW, so long as she loses a brother because of the Tyrion manhunt. Then again, there may not even be a Penny. I think with the right actress she could be done well and be made into a more compelling character than her book counterpart who it seems a lot of ADWD readers dislike. I'm not so deadset against her, I think their dynamic if pulled off could be interesting TV.

Archived