[Book Spoilers] - About Ramsay and Roose conversation

phantomg

One thing I've noticed - critics and a good chunk of show-watchers hate Ramsay, and not in the way that's intended. They hate any scene with him in it, because they think it's just pointless sadism. The review at Atlantic really pissed me off because they basically dismissed the scene as stupid/unwatchable, despite the great acting and important plot and characters developments it featured. I'm glad Ran here at Westeros.org praised the scene

Makes me feel for Iwan and Alfie, since they play both characters quite well. Hopefully with Joffrey dead, people will be more open to another young, sadistic villain taking up screen time.

That's sad. It seems they don't realize the Bolton are now important parts of the story.

Most likely roose will leave the dreadfort to return to his army's in the riverlands. Most of the Bolton forces are trapped there. Yara attack on the dreadfort is in epiosde 6 and you can see ramsay fighting them so he will still be there. before he can march on moat cailin he has to raise an army. moat cailin will most likley be in episode 8 sense Ralph kenning was cast for an Alex graves episode and it will not be episode 3. So episode 8 will be reek negotiating the surrender and ramsay betraying the ironborn and flaying them. Then in episode 10 ramsay meets back up with roose ( the shot from the trailer with ramsay and roose meeting with their armies to there backs.)

Michael McElhatton deserves an award just for that look of utter disdain when he says "I place far too much trust in you." If this scene was an indication of the quality of Theon/Bolton scenes this season, I'm very much looking forward to it.

Hopefully they have the conflict between Roose and Ramsay building so that Roose has a chance to deliver the "rue the day I raped your mother" line.

Hopefully we get at least one more Roose appearance in the interim between now and ep. 10, Hath4. If not I'll miss the rascal.

He has a lot of leeching to catch up on to remove the taint of being south of the Neck for so long. He also has a new young bride so, and Walder Frey would put it, 'he has that to look forward to'.

(keeping the unsullied rooting for the rightful rulers of the North)

No! The Boltons are the rightful kings now, all Roose wants is for the north to become a quiet place with quite people unlike Robb who would compromise his oaths just so he could get some ass. (no matter how nice that ass is).

(keeping the unsullied rooting for the rightful rulers of the North)

No! The Boltons are the rightful kings now, all Roose wants is for the north to become a quiet place with quite people unlike Robb who would compromise his oaths just so he could get some ass. (no matter how nice that ass is).

EDIT: This post is in response to a page 2 comment that didn't "quote".

I disagree, respectfully. Brienne's quest develops her as a strong, becoming stronger, character. IMHO, she will be the one to put some of the puzzle pieces together. While on her quest, she ties some questions up, like what happened to the Hound (or maybe creates the theories), kills some folks, learns or suspects things others might not otherwise (such as Gendry's parentage), and meets LS. Without the 8 quest development chapters, we loose a lot of knowledge as readers/watchers.

Archived