Nitpick With Impunity S04 E02 Version

How could Ramsay trust Reek enough to razor shave his neck? Doesn't Reek want to die anyway? What has he to lose? All he has to do is slice Ramsay's neck and then death and an end to his suffering.

The point is that Ramsay knows Reek is completely and utterly obedient of him. Reek wouldn't mind death, but if he's got a chance to remain alive then he'll take it.

Same goes for Brienne.

Sam and Gilly leave early.

As seen in the Breaker of Chains perview

I assume it has to be with

Gilly's baby, which is a little weird. Why would her baby be in danger? Also, I'm assuming this is confirmation of no Val or Dalla. Disappointing, but understandable, given that they're rushing timelines.

@ Knights_King

'No Ilyn'

Wilko Johnson has pancreatic cancer, refused chemo and was given 9 month to live Jan 2013 - hes still around but I think the rigours of sword fighting with Jamie might have been too much for him.

Where some actors could be replaced without too much grief like Daario and the Mountain...no actor could replace Ilyn's face.

If none of you have ever seen Wilko Johnson in action google/tube Dr Feelgood - hes particularly good on Roxette, never seen a bass player move like it, brilliant guitarist with a play style many others try to emulate but cant.

...and if you already knew all this then there will be those reading who don't :P

I assume it has to be with

Gilly's baby, which is a little weird. Why would her baby be in danger? Also, I'm assuming this is confirmation of no Val or Dalla. Disappointing, but understandable, given that they're rushing timelines.

I don't know. Maybe they keep the baby at the Wall to have more tension and suspense. More Stannis hate. All unsullied would fear about Stannis to burn the fella.

But then, the episode will be extremely cramped I guess, as in a set piece or the foreshadowing we saw some scenes with Jon and Sam, so this episode will be quite Jon focused. and quite fast. Like it though, that they push Sam into the AFFC territory. Makes for a more darker season and hopefully a great ending with Aemon finally showing some decent background info which they left out in the show all the time.

Kinda interesting that the major point that is being criticized is the writing. Don't like this interactions, don't like this change, yet this is the episode written by GRRM himself.

Excellent episode as always.

My sole complaint is the reaction of Cercei and Jaime while Joff was joking (not after they got his dead)

I would prefer to see them put their fingers in his mouth in a desperate effort to make him breath - or smthing in these lines, rather than just watching him die.

Would opening up his neck at the point where his air vent is not have saved him actually? Or would they not have known how to do that in the time period this is based on?

I'd be surprised if tracheotomies were commonplace in Westeros. But at least in the books someone thudded on his back. Here they just kind of huddled and were like "oh no!"

Would opening up his neck at the point where his air vent is not have saved him actually? Or would they not have known how to do that in the time period this is based on?

as it is poison.. I don't know. It might have did the job anyway. But even if they would have been smart enough to open it, how would they stop the bleeding and the blood to enter his lunges? And how would he have lived afterwards..

"Let me through !! I am owner of the first season of Grey's Anatomy !! I know how to save my king !!"

Oh wow yes, I blocked out the Cersei/Brienne scene. Wtf was that.

They're gonna make Brienne interact with everyone in King's Landing except the two people she actually should interact with: Sansa and Loras.

Next week, Brienne chats about the weather with Ilyn Payne and sleeps with Sex God Pod.

LOL Brienne is quite social this season way off the book portrayal

Don't like Jaime and Brienne in KL so soon The show is moving quickly

LOL Brienne is quite social this season way off the book portrayal

Don't like Jaime and Brienne in KL so soon The show is moving quickly

Social?! She seemed incredibly stiff, and it was made clear she was only there at Margery's request. And then she just sort of gaped at Cersei when she was asked about Jaime.

Shae.

And then there was Shae.

And, just kill her already because I can't stand noble, heroic, loving, superwoman Shae. At all.

It was also kind of bad that Brienne is at the wedding and never talks to Sansa? Oh really? That doesn't seem like a Brienne move, they should have just left her out of it entirely.

I was so bummed out they didn't have Tyrion reference the dagger after Joff destroyed his book. Are we just going to assume show-watchers don't care about Bran's assassination attempt, or they just assume it was Cersei or Jaime and leave it there?

It look like the series let that go because when Pycelle made the reference to valyrion steel, Joffrey was supposed to say "I've handled valyrion steel before". He didn't.

Nitpicks:

Ramsey has lady friends?? unnecessary additions once again

Brienne sucking up to the Tyrells

Oberyn is well cast but his dialogue sucks

Loras coy and making eyes at Oberyn book Loras wasn't a cheap lay--when the sun has set...

Shae is always obnoxious well she was in the books too though

where was Margerys green and gold Tyrell motif gown and cape

wardrobe why does everyone wear blue?

It's been a few years since I read the books, so maybe I'm off, but I seem to remember that when Tywin presents Joff with the sword on his wedding day, Sansa immediately recognizes the steel that the sword came from and gets unnerved at that, and Tyrion reflects on how he should have had the sword sent back with Ned's bones. Sophie does such a great job at portraying Sansa's inner torment, that it would have been nice to have seen this little bit included in the episode...

Also, since they appear to be including later books into this season, that scene with Ramsay and Bolton would have been perfect to include the Bolton line "Don't make me rue the day..................." Would have loved for him to have included that!

Although this episode had its good moments, I have four gripes:

*Stannis. Everything about this scene was awful, even if I do like shireen.

*Cersei's reaction to Joff's death. I have never liked Lena Heady as Cersei, for looks and for acting. Her reaction was just so wooden, she didn't cry or mourn. She immediately went from shock to anger. Maybe it has a lot to do with direction, because I also hated Cat's reaction to Robb's death last season.

*Shae and Tyrion! So they're setting it up to where Shae would have a "reason" for betraying Tyrion? Like so many changes D&D make, I just don't understand why! What's the reasoning behind it?

*Jaime. This is my biggest gripe about the entire season so far, is that he and Brienne are in KL way too early! So they have all of these made up, pointless interactions that go nowhere. Jaime is supposed to be on his path to redemption, and they keep screwing with that (like how they had him kill his own cousin in S2). Hated how it was him who tried to initiate with Cersei, and that is was Cersei who turned him down. And Jaime has said before that he basically doesn't care about his kids, so for hi to have that reaction to Joff's death was dumb. After Joff tried him last week with the hand comment, then what he said about the book, I just KNEW they were going to have Jaime stand by and do nothing while Joff died. They even showed Jaime rolling his eyes at Joff's behavior at the reception. So for them to have Jaime run up and try to act likes he cares was dumb. For those saying "it's because he's in the KG", I say, none of the other KG helped, and if that was true he would have called him "your Grace" instead off "Joffrey". I'm gonna quote another user on here when I say that Jaime gives zero fucks about his son and it should have stayed that way.

social was meant sarcastically

Lol, alright then...it's always hard to tell in forums. Her scene with Cersei was really cringe-worthy, and not a great addition. People already were shipping Jaime/Brienne. Making it explicit was just painful.

I believe the poison they used also closes the airways in the LUNGS, not just the throat, so I doubt if a tracheotomy would've helped Joff.

Lol, alright then...it's always hard to tell in forums. Her scene with Cersei was really cringe-worthy, and not a great addition. People already were shipping Jaime/Brienne. Making it explicit was just painful.

They make so many odd choices, you know? Why waste time on such a strange scene, that doesn't have any emotional impact when they could have had Brienne talk to Sansa? Or give a little more time to the Red Viper/Tywin encounter.

Archived