Jack Gleeson tribute thread

Mr Hodor

Even Loki got nervous when Jack screamed "I SAID KNEEL!"

Oh shes gonna be a huge star. Her and Turner both. Williams has a passion for dance and Turner, a passion for fashion. So they have other avenues right away if they choose not to stay full on into acting. I do know Maisie did a short film but i cant remember the name of it.

Im just selfish and wanna see more Gleeson being awesome. /selfishes lol

If he ever comes back, ill be rooting for it.

Ahem... His body is still intact, in fact all it was was poisoned.. A a certain otherworldly necromantic power were to somehow make it to king's landing.. however...

Jack was outstanding in this role and I'm actually going to miss him as Joffrey. One of the articles reminded us he was playing a 13 year old boy-king and Jack's portrayal captured the petulance, conceit, insecurity, and mania of this character. When he decides to act again, might I recommend a nice romantic comedy?

He did an amazing Job with Joffrey and made the character a central dynamic to the show. I actually think I'll miss Joffrey because of his douchebag portrayal of him...there was something sickening, yet comical in the love to hate him feels he created. Jack made the character one of a kind.

He was certainly one of the best cast choices and actors on the show. I hope he gets into acting again, I'll definitely be watching anything he's in.

Man, he really did do such a great job as Joff... I listened to his address to the Oxford Union about the psycho-social implications of celebrity culture, blew me away. Really well done. One of those rare people who just has a great head on his shoulders, which is why it's so funny for him to turn around and play such a despicable, concieted, cowardly, entitled prick on television. Really did remind me of a young Malcom Mcdowell kind of thing, Clockwork/Caligula era, now that someone had brought up a Caligula remake.

My favorite line, just because it's fresh in my memory, is when Joff tell's Tyrion that he will be his cup-bearer, "because you're too cowardly to fight"... Ugh, the disgust, contempt, and disdain he displays in his voice and on his face, is SO vile. Especially when you remember his actions during the Battle of the Blackwater, as Tyrion had just recalled.

Best wishes, Jack! You did an amazing job. Hope to see you again sometime in the future.

I think my favorite Joffrey scene is from the last episode of the first season when after ordering Ser Ilen to remove Marillion's tongue he stands up, takes off his crown and announces "Well I am finished for the day" and then just walks off with a huge smile on his face (to then go torment Sansa by showing her Ned's head). It cracks me up every time i watch it.

As the wedding got underway, I had the bat-shit crazy thought that I was actually going to miss Joffrey when he was gone. That's a testament to the actor, because God-knows that character had no redeeming qualities.

I got a kick out of the way he started injecting a little mirth into the role. The goofy way he would kind of dance around with that smirk on his face when he thought he was being clever was a lot of fun.

I feel giddy about the casting of all of the Lannisters, from top to bottom. Such a great fit! Joff takes the cake, though...

My favorite memory is from S3E1 when he's in his little royalty wagon with the bars on the windows. Just him, sniffing an ether rag and peering out of the bars with a concerned look on his face.

The look on his face was just absolutely hillarious when Tyrion told him to go and fight instead of him with the dwarves. The long silence and his confused stare was boiling with hate. No words were necessary. He was PISSED OFF! Well done Jack!

Great actor indeed. He played the villain so well, that I found it really fun to look at. That's the difference with Ramsay, I really don't like to see him on screen.

When Joffrey was dying, I was really feeling sad. I never tought I would miss hem, but now I realise I do.

Archived