Interpretation of Bran's vision. [BOOK SPOILERS]

Is the snow Bran sees falling of the Iron Throne similar with the Snow Mel keeps seeing when she asks for a vision of AA?

Or is the Wall messing with both their vision reception in that area?

Anyway, a lot of snow in these visions send by two completely different/unrelated deities..probably means nothing though.

When Mel asks to see AA she says R'hllor shows me only Snow. The key is that the S is capitalized and therefore is referring to Jon Snow not the substance snow.

I thought 'Snow in the Throne Room' and 'Dragon Over KL' were D&D's way of introducing the Song of Ice and Fire endgame speculation. Show watchers don't know the book series has this title, but now they should suspect a Jon Snow+Dany endgame like we (book readers) do.. Which of course could turn out to be totally different - never trust prophesies and all that.

Something not many people in this thread realize: the face in the ice shards and the zombie horse face were shown before, at the end of season 2. They belong to the Other leading the White Walkers. It might be a confirmation that this character (King of the Others?) will indeed play a role in the future, something we haven't seen in the books yet.

Final thing that people have mentioned, but doesn't seem to impress anyone: we have seen the hill that is over the cave! I think it is pretty obvious that the entrance is under, or through, the Weirwood Tree from the vision. BR says that clearly I think :)

Does anyone notices the hints left in the first 3 scenes? They are the first vision and are separated from the rest and after watching this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b77r5ip7USQ - i was sure they were important.

First: The 3 Eyed Raven going into the CRYPTS of Winterfell.

Second: Ned Stark holding his valyrian steel sword - ICE.

Third - A close-up of his eye, lighted by a flame - FIRE.

ICE + FIRE + CRYPTS. I definitely think there's something down there and it can be a Ice Dragon (i would loooove that), but i guess it's actually a hint on R+L=J... Rhaegar = the Fire, Lyanna = the Ice, Crypts = Ned's secret hidden in there.

The rest of the vision i think it's BloodRaven telling Bran to follow the ravens and beware of the Others. The scene where we see ice and the WW behind him i think it didnt happened in the series and will probably be shown later this season. It's a Ice shard, with a Walker behind. Im not sure of this but i think you can see a bit of human skin beneath his face, kind of distorted in the ice ... the Aurora in the sky in the upper left corner. I think that's maybe a baby on a ice altar. I don't think we've heard of any rituals the WW do, but it could be something like this (it's a weird image, i'm probably very wrong on this).

Then we see Cersei saying 'he saw us', at the same time the walker appears. Then Bran falls while screaming 'Mother' and we see the dragon flying over KL. then we see again Bran falling. But I don't know what to think of that.

Great discussion here. I'll just go ahead and repeat what I said in another thread about 'hints' GRRM may have written into the episode since much of that discussion was also about Bran's visions with the weir tree.

It's my theory and best guess that they were purposely being confusing with all the flashes and mishsmash of scenes because Bran's never done "weirnet" surfing before. He has no idea what he's seeing in most of it - yet. In the books, he started learning from Bloodraven, but in the show he hasn't gotten there yet. There's no Coldhands to guide him so the tree has to do it and Bloodraven's trying to communicate to him over all the 'white noise' of the images stored there.

Remember, the weir trees hold knowledge of the past as well - even moreso than the future because they have 'seen' and stored all those memories and experiences for thousands of years. The images of the dragons could just as well be from previous eras.

Bran, as the Game of Thrones "Neo" of sorts, has to learn to navigate the matrix as he 'jacks in' and experiences what must be very overwhelming images, sounds, voices, memories, etc etc. I always imagined it was like hearing thousands of people talking and remembering things at once. Hard to decipher anything meaningful at first until you start weeding things out. I also imagine the images will get clearer and more well defined to Bran as well as to us the viewers as he does it more and of course once he finds Boodraven and starts getting some proper training in it.

In the books, he started learning from Bloodraven, but in the show he hasn't gotten there yet. There's no Coldhands to guide him so the tree has to do it and Bloodraven's trying to communicate to him over all the 'white noise' of the images stored there.

I think this episode proved that unless there's something important about his reveal in the books, that Coldhands is entirely expendable to the story. They can perform CH's function by getting Bran to BR the way they are doing through the weirnet. As mch as I don't relish the thought of eliminating or amalgams of characters, it does need to be done on the show to streamline the sheer number of characters down to a manageable amount.

I think this episode proved that unless there's something important about his reveal in the books, that Coldhands is entirely expendable to the story. They can perform CH's function by getting Bran to BR the way they are doing through the weirnet. As mch as I don't relish the thought of eliminating or amalgams of characters, it does need to be done on the show to streamline the sheer number of characters down to a manageable amount.

I agree, sadly, that Coldhands was likely dropped to conserve on casting and more scenes. As much as that probably upsets some fans of the character as well as the mystery of his identity. I remember my first read-through I was completely convinced he was Benjen Stark who we also have no idea what happened to in the story. Now I'm not so sure either of them end up being of any real importance - or if they are, not until much later towards the end of the story.

I think it was clever to use the weirnet / tree as the 'guide' for Bran in the show and introduces the vision / weirnet surfing earlier than waiting until he's met Bloodraven.

Another way to interpret the dragon shadow is Bran 'learning how to fly' (warg a dragon). I'm not saying he will warg into a dragon over KL but the dragon shadow was done from the dragons POV. It was as if he was seeing through the eyes of the dragon much like the earlier scene of him waging Summer while he was hunting in the forest.

Totally agree with this.

Is the snow Bran sees falling of the Iron Throne similar with the Snow Mel keeps seeing when she asks for a vision of AA?

Or is the Wall messing with both their vision reception in that area?

Anyway, a lot of snow in these visions send by two completely different/unrelated deities..probably means nothing though.

I think snow on the Iron Throne seen by Dany, Mel, and now Bran, means everything.

I like that Meera says to Bran "Without you, we have nothing". I'm sure she doesn't mean that without Bran she, Jojen and Hodor have nothing but something broader.

I beleive Meera says, "If we lose you, we lose everything." which is much broader, and definitely means everything.

Anybody think the Tree sitting on the Hill above the Cave in the North is connected to High Heart? (trial in the Hollow Hill was last season remember guys! the sixth death set up the 7th kiss. And Sandor is the Stranger.) Will Leaf or the Ghost ( Jenny's Woodswitch ) be involved in giving assistance to Thoros/Beric in resurrecting Lady S?

Another way to interpret the dragon shadow is Bran 'learning how to fly' (warg a dragon). I'm not saying he will warg into a dragon over KL but the dragon shadow was done from the dragons POV. It was as if he was seeing through the eyes of the dragon much like the earlier scene of him waging Summer while he was hunting in the forest.

Wow! yes of course. this is a fantastic theory and i hope its right. :bowdown:

Wow! yes of course. this is a fantastic theory and i hope its right. :bowdown:

I can't agree. If dragons are "wargable" it means Targaryen blood is worthless. Other than Bran, the strongest, best trained wargs are Wildlings so they will take 2 of the 3. Ignoring that, sure, it's a great Stark comeback if Bran/Arya/Jon Snow take the 3 dragons, torch KL and Casterly Rock, kill the remaining Targaryen (s?) and put Jon on the Iron Throne, moved to a rebuilt Winterfell...but I don't feel like that's the arc the story is on.

I can't agree. If dragons are "wargable" it means Targaryen blood is worthless. Other than Bran, the strongest, best trained wargs are Wildlings so they will take 2 of the 3. Ignoring that, sure, it's a great Stark comeback if Bran/Arya/Jon Snow take the 3 dragons, torch KL and Casterly Rock, kill the remaining Targaryen (s?) and put Jon on the Iron Throne, moved to a rebuilt Winterfell...but I don't feel like that's the arc the story is on.

cant really see your point in how the targs would be worthless if bran (who is very special and probably the central character when it comes to the ending) could warg a dragon?

I want to see Bran warg into a dragon now.

Seriously, fior what the show has promised (dragons coming to KL, Others destroying everything) they kept their eyes on that ball with his vision here so kudos. Is it me, or didwe see a veeeeeery quick shot of an Other through an ice surface in there?

Think it's interesting we hear Bran scream mother in the vision as he is pushed from the tower by Jaime (I'm assuming they used the voice clip from s3 ep 4 where Cat pushes him off a tree in a dream). Don't know about you guys but the only reason I can think they would put this in this s4 vision filled with clips of "others" and visions is if they are indeed doing Lady S.

Think it's interesting we hear Bran scream mother in the vision as he is pushed from the tower by Jaime (I'm assuming they used the voice clip from s3 ep 4 where Cat pushes him off a tree in a dream). Don't know about you guys but the only reason I can think they would put this in this s4 vision filled with clips of "others" and visions is if they are indeed doing Lady S.

I hope so :D

of course they are doing Lady S. She's a major character for the Starks story. Why else would Michelle Fairley be doing promo tours and interviews for GoT?

If dragons are "fire made flesh", warging a dragon would immolate Bran's consciousness.

Disagree.

When you watch the dragon shadow, watch the left wing. For a frame it's a bird wing - you can see light through the gaps in feathers.

I've got to agree with Bran warging a dragon. That also means Jon and Arya might be able to too. I just hope they hurry up and get to their talents soon, and don't skip it.

Archived