[Book & Show Spoilers] "Breaker of Chains" Promo

The Drunkard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XMvUQQNhnU

It seems like Marg wasn't aware of the poisoning, given her apparent dismay.

It also looks like there are injured NW members at Castle Black.

Prompted by the awkward dinner with his wife Stannis has decided that they need to leave Dragonstone immediately.

I'd be floored if Marg wasn't aware of the poisoning; my guess is she knew it was happening but maybe in post is question the wisdom of it. She does bring up an interesting point, because the Show!Tyrells had less of a reason to poison Joff given that Show!Marg controlled him so well.

Injured NW members are probably Grenn and Ed

It is Grenn and Edd. If you watch the video on the HBO website the image quality is better and you can discern their faces more easily.

Has anyone made imgur screencaps of this promo btw? That would be helpful for more in-depth analysis on all of our parts...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XMvUQQNhnU

It seems like Marg wasn't aware of the poisoning, given her apparent dismay.

It also looks like there are injured NW members at Castle Black.

Prompted by the awkward dinner with his wife Stannis has decided that they need to leave Dragonstone immediately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phJb60y5wlE 3:26 is the part where Dormer says Margaery was "genuinely surprised" at the choking/poisoning.

It also looks like Sam and Gilly are going away before Stannis makes it to the wall? Do you suppose they'll leave Maester Aemon behind?

I'm guessing that Sam & Gilly are going to get to Mole's Town, find it ransacked by the wilding raiders, maybe collect a few survivors and then bring them right back to the Wall so that they can confirm that everything Jon told Allister & co. was true.

I'm guessing that Sam & Gilly are going to get to Mole's Town, find it ransacked by the wilding raiders, maybe collect a few survivors and then bring them right back to the Wall so that they can confirm that everything Jon told Allister & co. was true.

According to those who have seen the episode:

Sam decides that Castle Black isn't safe for Gilly and the baby due to the upcoming wildling attack and drops them both off in Mole's Town with instructions to the madam there not to whore GIlly out. He is unaware that the wildlings coming from the south are going to decide to ransack Mole's Town on their way to Castle Black. John Bradley did a recent interview where he mentions Sam making bad decisions early in the season based on his cowardice and feelings of inadequacy that he regrets later but ultimately as the season progresses has his most heroic moments. I'm assuming him taking Gilly to Mole's town is the "bad decision" he's referencing.

I'd be floored if Marg wasn't aware of the poisoning; my guess is she knew it was happening but maybe in post is question the wisdom of it. She does bring up an interesting point, because the Show!Tyrells had less of a reason to poison Joff given that Show!Marg controlled him so well.

But for how much? Joffrey was really completely out of control during the wedding banquet, and everybody was there to witness.

She might have felt like she could handle him, but I think others may know better. She was having more success than anyone else, but, it was still pretty mixed success. Marg is good, but nobody is THAT good. At least Olenna is smart enough to recognize that controlling Joffrey has become... impracticable.

She might have felt like she could handle him, but I think others may know better. She was having more success than anyone else, but, it was still pretty mixed success. Marg is good, but nobody is THAT good. At least Olenna is smart enough to recognize that controlling Joffrey has become... impracticable.

And leaving Marg's marriage un-consummated has its advantages: if the Lannisters go down, the Tyrells won't have to.

Archived