[Book & Show Spoilers] "Breaker of Chains" Promo

The Drunkard

She might have felt like she could handle him, but I think others may know better. She was having more success than anyone else, but, it was still pretty mixed success. Marg is good, but nobody is THAT good. At least Olenna is smart enough to recognize that controlling Joffrey has become... impracticable.

Yeah, as much control as Marg had over joffrey (like with feeding the poor, which he probably gave the okay for) he's still a loose cannon, who's to say he doesn't royally fuck things up again like he did with the North.Like Ollena said, her circumstances have really improved. Assuming they stick with the storyline from the book, Tommen is much easier to mold and control.

All you can interpret from the preview is that Marg wanted to be Queen. To say she wasn't in on the plan is reading too much into it. Wait for the episode. At most right now you can say she was a reluctant participant, which is much more likely.

Doesn't matter she knows the more manageable Tommen is up for grabs. Marg is a character who wants it so bad that even 2 seconds of not being Queen anymore is going to drive her nuts. It would drive me nuts, too.

Reluctant participant.

You can even kind of see her being a bit disappointed during the wedding at around 4:29:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5ScY2o3rpI#t=269 It's almost as if she's thinking "Yeah, I suppose it's time for him to go".

The Tyrells didn't exactly need Joffrey, and they most certainly didn't want an Aerys II situation in which rather hot-headed Loras learns of Joffrey physically abusing his sister followed by him running his sword through Joffrey.

Yeah I think even given how Margaery knew how to trick him and distract him, it wouldn't be long until he would seriously hurt her.

It's funny how Jack Gleeson said that he thinks Joffrey actually had feelings for Maergary. I actually am curious to know how long she would have gone unscratched with him.

Hollywood Reporter interview with director Alex Graves about 'Breaker of Chains.' This episode will contain 'one of the best speeches in the entire series?' Hmmm, what does everybody think that means? Jon Snow, maybe? Or, perhaps Stannis with his 'I won't be a page in someone else's history book.' Your thoughts?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-preview-everything-takes-697682

Can I throw in a LF "They think they are so powerful but it was me pulling the strings on this" guess? But I wouldn't bet on it, would just be cool. I sort of miss him and Varys explaining everyone how the game is played. :D

Jon would be a little early and he had a sort of speechy thing going on already in his "trial".

Dany didn't pull the "I am ....." thing yet much this season, so I guess she is the most likely.

The speech is obviously LF's....I don't see how that's even debatable.

What I really want to know is if they are finally going to introduce Strong Belwas?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

If you folks can all remember the original 7 second sneak peak, there was clearly the rider in front of Mereen taunting Dany. Will Strong Belwas kill him and take a dump on his face, hence honoring the funniest thing to ever happen in ASOIAF, or will they scrap it for this new crappy "Daario?"

Knowing them it's either Snow's 'he was betrayed by his own men' speech or some inspiring and freeing slaves speech 101 by Dany but good God do I hope it's Stannis. :bowdown:

If I were a betting lady I'd say Dany and a "Freeeeeeedom!" speech delivered in ferocious Valyrian, but one could hope it's Stannis. He needs to build up some momentum, even if the Wall charge is what I believe will be the plotted "redemption moment" for his character. The same director for Blackwater is directing that episode, so Stannis better fucking be leading the charge, rein up in front of Jon, and be a sexier, more bloodied and gallant version of "Doctor Livingstone, I presume?"

So Stannis better fucking be leading the charge, rein up in front of Jon, and be a sexier, more bloodied and gallant version of "Doctor Livingstone, I presume?"

I may actually explode with happiness if he swings the sword around/kills a wildling/is all majestic and triumphant/finally gets some freaking respect from those who only watch the show.

I like this both very, very much! B) Hopefully with an over-epic-awesome music theme (like "Don't die with a clean sword" of season 2's soundtrack), called simply "Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!"!

I'd say there are lots of candidates for the "best speech in the entire series," actually, though Littlefinger's monologue to Sansa and Dany speaking to the slaves/masters of Meereen would seem to be the obvious ones.

Also, I read somewhere that Alex Graves said that the (First) Battle of Meereen would be bigger and more expensive than the Sack of Astapor in season 3. Seems a strange decision, but alright.

I'd say there are lots of candidates for the "best speech in the entire series," actually, though Littlefinger's monologue to Sansa and Dany speaking to the slaves/masters of Meereen would seem to be the obvious ones.

Also, I read somewhere that Alex Graves said that the (First) Battle of Meereen would be bigger and more expensive than the Sack of Astapor in season 3. Seems a strange decision, but alright.

He also said Astapor's set was leftover from a Ridley Scott movie, whereas Meereen's set had to be built from scratch. So that's what most of the money went into.

Hollywood Reporter interview with director Alex Graves about 'Breaker of Chains.' This episode will contain 'one of the best speeches in the entire series?' Hmmm, what does everybody think that means? Jon Snow, maybe? Or, perhaps Stannis with his 'I won't be a page in someone else's history book.' Your thoughts?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-thrones-preview-everything-takes-697682

Knowing D&D it will be one of Dany's bullshit speeches. Nyeeja!

I hope it's not Dany !

Littlefinger is the obvious one for the speech.

But Jon and Stannis could have great lines in this episode as well !

Astapor wasnt all a leftover from Kingdom of Heaven. Most of it was really shot on the walls of Essaouira.

This is very interesting, from the same director, another interview:

A lot of that comes down to sitting down with Dave and Dan and saying, "What happens in season 6? Because I don't know what I'm doing." And they'll tell you what you're doing. I've had many moments with the actors where I've taken them aside and told them, "This is what happens next season" or even at the end of the whole series. And they'll go, "Oh, thank God you told me that. Now I know how to play it."

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/game-of-thrones-director-alex-graves-on-filming-joffreys-wedding/2

Archived