[Book Spoilers] Penny

I know they can bring in and out characters very easy like Ramsey, Locke(Vargo Hoat), Ser Dontos but since Tyrion is now going to spend the rest of his time in a cell this season does this mean Penny has been cut?

Personally I'm not a fan of the character but she does help with Tyrion's character development and may have a part to play in future books.

Unless they introduce her in Volantis the same way but having no prior connection to Tyrion.

As others have said, it's really not necessary for her to be at the wedding. She doesn't need to have seen Tyrion in person to identify him, if someone calls his name out..

In fact, even if there were no dwarves at all at the wedding, I wouldn't rule out Penny making an appearance because it's not necessary for her to have a brother at the wedding either. Her brother could just be some random dwarf who was mistaken for Tyrion and killed.

I'm sure it's a lot cheaper for the show producers to hire one time guest appearance actors for the dwarf scene than it is to cast a season 5 regular now for only one brief scene.

I wrote this in the main episode forum, but the Robb Stark dwarf had a deep voice yelling "I'm the king in the North."

It will most likely be one of the performers will be her brother. I'm leaning to the one who plays Joffrey. He would have the blonde Lannister locks that would definitely make him a target. Then, the irony would kick in that Penny would be seeking vengence for "Joffrey."

Isn't the "Robb" dwarf kinda covered? that could be her. Or, she could be simply part of the troupe but she wasn't there because they didn't need a girl. It's even more tragic that they all got killed due to Cersei.

This. Could definitely be "Robb," as has been pointed out other threads.

Also there may be no Penny. We don't know what will happen to her in TWOW, but I don't see her having staying power, and so far she hasn't been integral to the plot.

She was pretty good for Tyrion's development. She made him less rapey.

Well, I'm not sure the show will go that particular way with Tyrion anyway, so there is a lot less he needs to climb back during Season 6 compared with TWOW

They could easily just not have had her at the wedding. However, I sincerely hope that she's just been cut.

Me too

The natural conclusion I would draw from Dany shortly moving into her Mereen material from ADWD while Tyrion wont be leaving KL into Ep10 of this season is that, thankfully, the bulk of Tyrion's ADWD material will be cut.

I am fully onboard with Tyrion very swiftly joining Dany's court (if that is how it plays out in WOW). Aside from the end of "and now his watch is ended" the Dany storyline has often been one of the weakest on the show. Tyrion would much improve things from a dialogue/character interaction perspective.

Archived