[Book Spoilers] Penny

I hate to burst your bubble, but google Krysten Coombs. "She" is actually "He". And he plays Badminton. ;)

I don't think the actor is as important as the head remaining covered. They could be hoping off casting her role, because it's not like we'd notice a recast in this situation.

I don't think the actor is as important as the head remaining covered. They could be hoping off casting her role, because it's not like we'd notice a recast in this situation.

True, that is possible. It definitely leaves the door open for that option. However, we shouldn't base our guesses on an incorrect assumption of the actor's sex. D&D could be taking this in several different ways. I for one don't think Penny seems to be that important to Tyrion's storyline, except as a naive foil to Tyrion's cynical wit. "A babe in the woods", mind you, which happens to be full of lions, dragons, and wolves. The part of Penny as such could be characterized in the future with a male or female character.

True, that is possible. It definitely leaves the door open for that option. However, we shouldn't base our guesses on an incorrect assumption of the actor's sex. D&D could be taking this in several different ways. I for one don't think Penny seems to be that important to Tyrion's storyline, except as a naive foil to Tyrion's cynical wit. "A babe in the woods", mind you, which happens to be full of lions, dragons, and wolves. The part of Penny as such could be characterized in the future with a male or female character.

I thought she served another purpose too - she gave him a bit of grounding: this is your life now, pull your head out of your arse and get on with it. Once I came to that determination, I started to like her.

I'm not sure if that is needed to tell Tyrion's story in the show though and I expect she will be cut unless there are bigger plans for her in Winds of Waiting and A Dream Anyone is Still Alive.

Good riddance if she doesn't make it in.

Also I have a feeling it would be difficult to find a very good little person actress.

Well unless they go out and find a completely unknown, their choice is rather limited to Meredith Eaton.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0247860/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t16

There are a few threads on the main board about the parallel story lines between Jaime and Brienne w/ Tyrion and Penny. While they play out quite differently both's view and position in life has dramatically changed, both have to deal w/ founding out the women the loved, didn't love them and was only using them, and both embark on a quest to find themselves w/ a new women they don't want, but seemed to need.

Penny was a character I hated at first, but after a while I realised what her purpose was and I would be disappointed to see her cut from S5 onwards.

She doesn't need a place in S4 though - they can skip her quite easily from this season.

What was her purpose, i hated her, boring.....

Penny can simply appear as a random dwarf girl whose brother got killed mistaken for Tyrion, or whose brother took part in the wedding and got killed by Cersei because of Tyrion or sth.

To be honest even that is not really necessary, she can just be a random dwarf girl and it will still work.

Archived