Anyone else notice the band?

...the three peice band that Joff threw the gold coins at was Sigur Rós? The dummer, leadsinger and bassist to be exact. When I reconzied them, I felw out of my chair and screamed, "That's fucking Sigur Rós!!" Everyone else seemed way more stoked about the pie though.

Personally, I found it dry.

They wouldn't be the first musicians to be on Game of Thrones. Season 3 had the drummer from Coldplay drum at The Red Wedding, and Snow Patrols lead singer had a cameo has part of Locke's group. They were singing "the Bear and Maiden Fair" while on the move.

Oh, I was more focused on Marge giving them lovey dubby eyes. I assumed that

book spoiler

one of them would take the place of the Blue Bard or Hamish the Harper whenever we reach that part of the series

two of my favorite things at the same time! Thanks Envie, for posting that youtube link!

You're welcome!

The "dirge" theme they went with is very compelling. In fact I think I like it even better than The National's version done in a previous season and I really didn't think anyone could top that!

I'm only sorry that little shit Joffrey had to go and interrupt them before they could finish it! ;)

One of my favorite sources of Unsullied show discussion happens to be a hipster message board.

They were VERY amused to see Evil King Joffrey literally throwing money at Sigur Ros to make them go away (which I how I first realized the musical troupe actually was a celebrity cameo, and that it was actually them singing over the ending credits instead of Jack Gleeson himself [which would've been really cool]).

Archived