GRRM clues [BOOK SPOILERS]

Kasumi

The snow on the throne and the dragon shadow over KL definitely seemed to indicate future events. Although at her current rate, KL won't be so sunny when Daenerys arrives.

In the books, its already snowing in KL. The possible future event is the destroyed hall at which the Iron Throne sits. But because it was written before D&D had that chat with GRRM about all endings, and they added that scene with Drogo and her son , it just might be random visions made up for Dany's House of Undying vision and just put into Bran's visions randomly by D&D.

In the books, its already snowing in KL. The possible future event is the destroyed hall at which the Iron Throne sits. But because it was written before D&D had that chat with GRRM about all endings, and they added that scene with Drogo and her son , it just might be random visions made up for Dany's House of Undying vision and just put into Bran's visions randomly by D&D.

Possibly, if it's a future vision of dragons though, it could always be in a distant summer, with the Targaryens in power again and the winter past. Or, it could be a vision of a dragon from the past.

It wasn't kl that was covered in snow, both times it was specifically the throne room covered in snow with the added bonus in brans vision of seeing the throne itself covered in snow.

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the throne room IN King's Landing? So if the Throne room is covered in snow then logic has it, the surroundings (aka King's Landing) are also covered in snow b/c of winter.... seriously let's not get nitpicky

Not necessarily. Snow in Iron Throne room was a cut scene from Dany's House of Undying vision. At that time D&D had no idea what was going to happen at the end because they only later had that detailed chat with GRRM and went over each POV storyline with him - sometime in 2013 (When they realized that chances of him finishing last book before last season are minimal). So at the time that particular scene was written and filmed, they made it up themselves. If they wanted real hints, they might have used different scenes like reference to Song of Fire and Ice, Roses on the Wall, etc etc - book was full of them. Also, at least several scenes in Bran's tree vision were taken from previous episodes. The only new scenes are that of leaves and trees, White walker ice reflection. Even that girl scene - looks very similar to first scenes of Pilot episode.

I always thought the snow in the throne room vision was the equivalent of the blue rose on the wall, considering they hadn't mentioned anything about blue roses until S04E01, if I remember correctly. But you are right, if they wanted it to be real hints to anything specific they would've used some of the ones in the books.

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the throne room IN King's Landing? So if the Throne room is covered in snow then logic has it, the surroundings (aka King's Landing) are also covered in snow b/c of winter.... seriously let's not get nitpicky

Not at all. Visions need not be timetravelling videos of actual footage, if you will. There's not REALLY a raven with an eye on top of his head, either. The dragon doesn't ACTUALLY have 3 heads, the rose in the Wall isn't an ACTUAL flower, the sun isn't ACTUALLY going to rise in the west, etc. Symbolism, YoungWolfling, symbolism.

I really think that the crows flying through the crypts of Winterfell is the indisputable proof I've been looking for that there's a back entrance and Rickon snuck back in never making it to Skagos. Poor Davos, he's on a wild goose chase.

There must always be a Stark in Winterfell.

Is there a thread on this anywhere I'm suddenly interested in reading this theory.

The fact that they're showing the throne room with a destroyed roof (instead of just "snow on the throne") makes me believe it's a vision of a literally destroyed throne room, not symbolism about Jon Snow ending up on the throne.

(Then again, there's no reason the destroyed roof couldn't be symbolic also, of Jon Snow "destroying the house" that controlled the throne)

There must always be a Stark in Winterfell.

Is there a thread on this anywhere I'm suddenly interested in reading this theory.

I believe one of the Heresy threads talks about 'there must always be a Stark at Winterfell' thing.

Also, are we sure it's snow in the throne room and not ash? I know it looks pretty white for ash but thought I'd throw it out there

I said elsewhere, but I thought the way Marg looked at the band all lovey dovey (Sigur Ros I think it was) is setting up for her arrest next season or whenever it happens. Remember that Hamish the Harper and the Blue Bard are accused.

they have been setting up for her arrest since Cercei made a comment about Margaery wearing a more revealing dress during dinner in like the first episode of the third season.

Not at all. Visions need not be timetravelling videos of actual footage, if you will. There's not REALLY a raven with an eye on top of his head, either. The dragon doesn't ACTUALLY have 3 heads, the rose in the Wall isn't an ACTUAL flower, the sun isn't ACTUALLY going to rise in the west, etc. Symbolism, YoungWolfling, symbolism.

Okay please don't be patronizing I'm well aware of symbolism but all I'm saying is that the vison of the iron throne covered in snow is literally foretelling that KINGS LANDING especially the iron throne and surroundings will be in ruins because of Dany's dragons and obviously winter is coming to KL.Some of the visions/prophecies in the books are exactly what they seem and are not vague and symbolic. It's my personal opinion this one is very straight forward.

I kind of like GRR highlighting the thing we need to remember about Stannis is he's under Mel's thumb. It creates a lot of tension which will important on the Wall as he sacrifices political expediency for following the Lord of Light (Mance, the Wildlings, ect).

I believe the scenes at Dragonstone were not written by GRRM. They were supposed to be in episode 1 from what I understand.

^Well we usually can't know until the DVD commentaries when writers and directors are pretty keen to admit about how scenes shuffle between episodes in both pre and post production. The reason people think the Stannis scenes were written for the premiere instead, is because Carice van Houten tweeted a picture of the premiere script last year after receiving her scripts. It could have been a formality, or the Dragonstone scenes or a portion of them, could have been meant for "Two Swords".

Archived