GRRM clues [BOOK SPOILERS]

Kasumi

I said elsewhere, but I thought the way Marg looked at the band all lovey dovey (Sigur Ros I think it was) is setting up for her arrest next season or whenever it happens. Remember that Hamish the Harper and the Blue Bard are accused.

I agree, also have footage during PW of Pycelle talking to one of Margaerys little cousins, possibly a moon tea hint. (: loves it.

Okay please don't be patronizing I'm well aware of symbolism but all I'm saying is that the vison of the iron throne covered in snow is literally foretelling that KINGS LANDING especially the iron throne and surroundings will be in ruins because of Dany's dragons and obviously winter is coming to KL.Some of the visions/prophecies in the books are exactly what they seem and are not vague and symbolic. It's my personal opinion this one is very straight forward.

Which visions/prophecies were straight forward?

Why would anyone need to forshadow Winter is Coming? We know it is.

SNOW on the THRONE IMO.

Eta: of they wanted to show snow in kings landing... They would have. But they chose to chose snow on the iron throne

As GRRM wrote this episode, we can all assume he left some clues in it, or some "canon revelations". What did you notice, what did you think of them ?

I will start :

It's not really a clue, but I'm glad he included the dwarves, though I didn't spot any girl dwarf. Still, it may still be important later. Maybe one of them will be revealed to be Penny's brother later ? I wasn't sure she would be included, but with the dwarves at the wedding...

Not really a revelation also, but I was glad to hear Cersei bluntly say "but you love him [Jaime]" to Brienne. Poor Brienne, and her face...

I'm glad they included Walda too, I don't remember if she was in season 3. I hope they explain why Roose choose her. But does that mean she will be important ? (and why cast her if she is not ?)

More importantly : Bran's visions.

--> The dragon's shadow...I know it is probably symbolic, but does it mean that Daenerys will finally get to King's Landing ? Or is it a vision of the past ? Somehow, I think not, since it appeared after Ned's flashback.

--> Winter in King's Landing...or Snow in the throne ? What did you think ?

Have you spot anything else that could be considered as a "message" from GRRM ?

Roose explained his choice in fat Walda to lady stark at the RW.

Saying as how green seers see the past as witnessed when Bran hooks up with BR, I'd assume the dragon shadow is of the past. Could be the first DwD.

Penny could have been the Robb Stark dwarf because we never see that dwarf's face. Could be a girl for all we know. Winter in KL comes during the winter, and the snow in the throne room gets there because Dany burns the roof off the red keep when she invades so the snow just falls right in. Although it could be a metaphor for Jon Snow.

SNOW on the THRONE IMO.

Eta: of they wanted to show snow in kings landing... They would have. But they chose to chose snow on the iron throne

That's reading way too much into it but sure to each their own i guess lol...

There's another thread about Bran's 'vision' at the weirwood tree - but this one seems to have taken over that topic as well.

I think people are forgetting that Bran's connection via the "weirnet" (love that word) gave him glimpses of the past as well as what might be the future...but moreso the past because the weirwoods 'remember' things from the beginning of man's time there and even before. I think it's important to remember this in relation to the dragon shadow flying over King's Landing as it could just as well be a vision from the past when dragons did fly over KL during the first Targaryen conquest. I know it's far more satisfying to think that was a vision of the future when Dany finally gets to Westeros with her dragons, but I just thought I'd remind people that it could also be visions from the past.

I would think that an episode written by GRRM would be the only episode that didn't put clues into unpublished material. GRRM is the only writer that would want to try and keep it in the published material. The rest have no reason not to foreshadow things if they think that it needs to be done.

Now will there be book nods in the episode? Sure. Notice the Meereenese knot girl is back now showing off the same move?

Are we so sure that was snow in the Throne room? Because it looked to me like ash; maybe a prophesy of a ruined KL? Burnt by dragons?

Looks like ash to me, too! My personal theory is it's not the Dragons that torched KL throne room ( as seen in end s2) but Cersei mishandling Wildfire. So like her.

There's another thread about Bran's 'vision' at the weirwood tree - but this one seems to have taken over that topic as well.

I think people are forgetting that Bran's connection via the "weirnet" (love that word) gave him glimpses of the past as well as what might be the future...but moreso the past because the weirwoods 'remember' things from the beginning of man's time there and even before. I think it's important to remember this in relation to the dragon shadow flying over King's Landing as it could just as well be a vision from the past when dragons did fly over KL during the first Targaryen conquest. I know it's far more satisfying to think that was a vision of the future when Dany finally gets to Westeros with her dragons, but I just thought I'd remind people that it could also be visions from the past.

During the first Targaryen conquest there was no King's Landing. But yeah, it still could be a vision from the past.

During the first Targaryen conquest there was no King's Landing. But yeah, it still could be a vision from the past.

I suppose it could be. But what relevance would that have? It is known that dragons once flew over King's Landing. Bran certainly knows so already, he doesn't need to be told.

Looks like ash to me, too! My personal theory is it's not the Dragons that torched KL throne room ( as seen in end s2) but Cersei mishandling Wildfire. So like her.

Yeah I'm not sure why Dany's dragons would torch the throne room, since all Dany wants is the throne. Unless she directs them to do it for revenge or something. There has been way too much foreshadowing about Cersei and the wildfire/Aerys voluntarily torching KL for the wildfire not to play a part. But, if Dany arrives with dragons, that could be the impetus for Cersei to use the wildfire, so...

As for snow on the throne... in Dany's GoT vision, it's clearly snow. You can see it falling. I'm not a huge fan of such a literal spoiler, to be honest, IF it's meant to be that literal.

ETA Re: Bran. Kind of strange for him to have visions of places not connected to the weirnet, like the black dungeons of KL. Unless that's another spoiler about how Bran's powers expand.

i actually always thought that Cersei will eventually go mad and try to use the wildfire on KL and that's how Jaime will kill her, like he did to the Mad King. ever since the oldwoman (that i cant recall the name) said her brother will kill her i thought of Jaime, because she only thinks about Tyrion killing her and she'll never see it coming if it's Jaime.

I suppose it could be. But what relevance would that have? It is known that dragons once flew over King's Landing. Bran certainly knows so already, he doesn't need to be told.

Well in the books, Bran's traveling through the weirnet was sort of 'training' in how to interpret visions both past and present with Bloodraven's help. At first the visions were confusing and a mishmash of flashes and images. We're left with the impression that Bran's 'powers' are growing as he spends more time "jacked in" to the Westeros matrix so to speak. (He's like the GoT Neo!) haha.

My thoughts are, wondering if they didn't purposely make the visions very confusing and not much sense to convey the overwhelming sensations Bran has as he sees it all flashing past rapidly. He does glean enough out of it to know where they need to go and where to find Bloodraven.

So, what significance does this Penny character have to the story?

She'll teach Tyrion to juggle 15 episodes from now.

Her plot relevance at this point in the story? 0,none,nada,pas du tout.

After the producers cut Reek 1.0, Belwas, Coldhands, retarded Frey from the show, people are surprised they decided not to chose an actor for her role, just to see her for 1 minute in this episode and wait over one season and half for her next appearance?

Well in the books, Bran's traveling through the weirnet was sort of 'training' in how to interpret visions both past and present with Bloodraven's help. At first the visions were confusing and a mishmash of flashes and images. We're left with the impression that Bran's 'powers' are growing as he spends more time "jacked in" to the Westeros matrix so to speak. (He's like the GoT Neo!) haha.

My thoughts are, wondering if they didn't purposely make the visions very confusing and not much sense to convey the overwhelming sensations Bran has as he sees it all flashing past rapidly. He does glean enough out of it to know where they need to go and where to find Bloodraven.

That's certainly true of the books, but it's not very good TV. Needs to be narrowed to the relevant. If they wanted to show that he can see the past, it would have been better to show things that are obviously the past, like show Ned and Cat in the Winterfell godswood together in a scene we have, then Ned playing with Brandon and Lyanna at a slightly smaller tree, then winterfell being built around the tree, snow flickering on and off the ground. Would also reinforce the "it's perception of the faces on the weirwood trees" aspect.

Just showing a random dragon flying over KL, not from a WW's POV, at some time generations ago, apropos to nothing doesn't really do much.

SNOW on the THRONE IMO.

It's odd about a snow-wrecked KL , that was from S2E10 Dany and HOTUD , GRRM did not write that episode.

Somebody can correct me, but I don't think George has a 'vision' or 'proficiency' like that in the books, so far.

Tho he has hinted strongly about the Other's invasion being the biggest piece in the game on the page.

If that means a literal conquest of Westeros by the Great Other I don't know... or does it just mean the Others wreck KL but can still be thrown back?

Archived