Casterly Rock

Defeatarion

I am seeing far too much pent up hatred for what is just a castle here from Dany fans... might be that her Targ madness is infesting her readers too?

Agreed

I have the suspicious any fans are very similar to their favorite character ;)

That said, I really want to see the mountain lions held at the Rock to play a role.

I think it will Tyrion. There's a parallel between Tyrion and Thorin Oakenshield from 'The Hobbit' that Fire Eater wrote about. Tyrion is called a dwar and Thorin is a dwarf, both use barrels to escape prison. As Thorin is heir to Erebor, full of gold, Tyrion so heir to Casterly Rock, a mountain, and people in the series say it's full of gold, Thorin tries to retake Erebor from Smaug but Tyrion will retake Casterly Rock using dragons.

Agreed

I have the suspicious any fans are very similar to their favorite character ;)

That said, I really want to see the mountain lions held at the Rock to play a role.

I would so like to be similar to Tywin... but he's just too awesome for me to even try to be like him!

My bet is on Jaime as he already had a bad foresight dream in the bowels of CR.

Mayhaps Tyrion will enter the sewers of CR and Jaime will go to meet him there? Seems - as to his dreams - Cersei and Brienne will also be there.

Well, I for one would love it to be Tyrion when he arrives with an army to take what's his... by right. It's quite hard for me to believe that Tyrion would like Casterly Rock to be burned until nothimg but ashes remain. It'd be awesome though. In my book he identifies himself as a lannister and is even proud of it.

Well, I for one would love it to be Tyrion when he arrives with an army to take what's his... by right. It's quite hard for me to believe that Tyrion would like Casterly Rock to be burned until nothimg but ashes remain. It'd be awesome though. In my book he identifies himself as a lannister and is even proud of it.

I think Casterly Rock is more important to him then he let's on.

I think Casterly Rock is more important to him then he let's on.

Someone made a point earlier of how Dany used the sewers in her conquests, and how Tyrion talks about how he knows Casterly Rocks sewers better than anyone. That would be interesting foreshadowing .

Someone made a point earlier of how Dany used the sewers in her conquests, and how Tyrion talks about how he knows Casterly Rocks sewers better than anyone. That would be interesting foreshadowing .

Didn't Jaimie even dream about Tyrion in the sewers? (IIRC)

How did Dany's men get into Meereen (or one of those Essosi cities anyway)? Through the sewers.

And who had the sewers of Casterly Rock draining better than anyone else ever did, and thus has thorough knowledge of them? Tyrion.

Obviously we will see CR during the invasion, as Tyrion goes in through the sewers and startles everyone long enough to get the gates open for Dany's forces.

Good catch. On reflection, I think the posters who say that Tyrion would prefer not to burn his childhood home are probably right. But I'm pretty sure the dragons are going to burn some castle...

if GRRM is going to use a Lannister CR then my guess it will be Jaime,but I would prefer a prologue/epilogue perhaps a member of the rocks staff, a bannerman man at arms a washerwoman. commoners POV would be interesting

Cersie- crazy why would she be aloud to return to the rock

Tyrion- miles away maybe he will return in time with dany

I was hoping we see it from Dany's POV while she and her dragons are burning that bitch to the ground. And Dany is smiling while it crashes or melts on Tywin's worthless disgusting carcass and the home of his forefathers getting completely demolished.

Nice!

Archived