(Book & Show Spoilers) Was it just me bothered by the Brienne & Cersei scene

This. But it's weird to see a director talk about a masculine looking girl as a "lesbian". Honestly, I'm not giving any weight to that quote exactly because he uses that word incorrectly. Brienne is not a lesbian.

It's pretty unfortunate. It harks back to the whole 'bull dyke' thing and it's just plain wrong, as you say. It's sort of ironic actually because were lesbianism a recognised 'thing' among the nobles in asoaif, I don't doubt they'd probably suggest it of Brienne too.

Cersei's lashing out at everyone this episode. Ellaria, Pycelle, Brienne...

It's important to keep that in mind.

Cersei never gives people the "easy questions" if she doesn't then she's just completely ignoring the person and trying to get them to STFU and go away.

It's completely logical question for Cersei to ask, and Brienne's silence is a completely logical response. Brienne knows about Jaime and Cersei's "relationship" she heard Jaime confess it to Catelyn.

Another Westeros Love Triangle, great. Actually it's more like an octagon

To the OP, I think if you have Brienne at the Wedding, that scene had to take place. There have been quite a few scenes that been added, just so things said out right, instead of the long, subtle hints that the books gives you. There is no way they could give enough time, for viewers the same amount time to see how JL/BoT to build that up, like the book.

I found Cersei's question out of the blue and that shocked me. Not once did I think Jamie and Briene had a romantic connection, not even in the pool. And now this? Especially considering Cersei's attempts to distance herself from Jamie. It just was out of place.

I found Cersei's question out of the blue and that shocked me. Not once did I think Jamie and Briene had a romantic connection, not even in the pool. And now this? Especially considering Cersei's attempts to distance herself from Jamie. It just was out of place.

I advise you re-read the books, meaning no offense.

No offense taken. I did not read the books. I am just watching the show, and the questioning did not fit the plot up to that point.

Oh, my bad then. I get where you're coming from, they've pretty much fast-forward this aspect of the story.

Honestly, I didn't pick up on the Brienne/Jaime thing until the fourth book anyway, when we got Brienne's perspective and realized that she thinks about Jaime in the same way that she thinks of Renly (and she occasionally combines them into one person). I agree with Hoo, it almost feels like Cersei had read those chapters from AFFC and was grilling Brienne about them, which seems like another unfair advantage that the Lannisters have over everyone else.

Archived