How do Maesters get appointed?

Stormland's Fury

The Maester is supposed to serve and be 100% loyal to whom he serves instead that bookish cretin betrayed him for the Lannisters.

Yeah... why the hell did Robert keep him in court??

Pycelle is a riddle to me... really don't see why the Citadel has not exchanged him, if Robert was dumb enough to keep him that's one thing,

but the Citadel should know better... unless they had a very specific reason for him to stay there...

The Maester is supposed to serve and be 100% loyal to whom he serves instead that bookish cretin betrayed him for the Lannisters.

Well, no the Maester serves the domain not who holds it. I agree Pycelle was corrupt and did it probably unintentionally, but technically he did the right thing by preventing that very same domain to be burned to the ground

Well, no the Maester serves the domain not who holds it. I agree Pycelle was corrupt and did it probably unintentionally, but technically he did the right thing by preventing that very same domain to be burned to the ground

True, I see that... yet I would not want this guy around...

Yeah... why the hell did Robert keep him in court??

Pycelle is a riddle to me... really don't see why the Citadel has not exchanged him, if Robert was dumb enough to keep him that's one thing,

but the Citadel should know better... unless they had a very specific reason for him to stay there...

The Lannisters were probably paying them off too.

He didnt it for that reason he did it because he was a Lannister creature.

Archived