A Song of Ice and Fire Forum Role-Playing Game

Olligarchy

I vote pre-conquest, we can use my blank map for the south if you want(all regions labelled), or I can go ahead and flesh out a full map of all the kingdoms. I also have one for the North as well. Pre-conquest means no targs or at least very few people with dragons and they've only got tiny holding much like Aegon did. People don't realize that if one of the dragons had died at the field of fire, the whole of westeros history may have taken a different turn as the remaining soldiers rally up to try and kill the other two dragons. So I'm not against someone being from Valyria or whatevs, I just personally have no real interest in such.

Yar that sounds good having two 'main' turns. I mean the way I see it is that it's a bit hard to expand your actual territory and rule the whole kingdom/fiefdom, but your individual actions you have much more control over.

Yup yup I'm on board wherever we host it, I'll try and rally a few players as well.

Alright, I've made a decision: The game will take part in an indeterminate time between the Age of Heroes and the Conquest, a time when the Seven Kingdoms are still, but an idea and the continent is dotted with small kingdoms. I'll give more of a background fluff text soon.

We will be using the rules I provided above for House Creation. Houses will be restricted to Old or YOUNGER Houses. You will all presumably want to start independent, but if you wish you may take -1 Influence purchase cost on your title to a minimum of one (such as Minor Lord which costs 4 points becomes 3) to be a vassal of one of the already established Kingdoms. Leonardo, could you send me the blank maps you have of Westeros? Both North and South please.

And you may begin recruiting, but we will need a place to play this so start looking for forums if you would. We can roll with Myth-Weavers if we want though.

We plan to play on a forum, the ASoIaF Forums do not allow such games to be played on here(I believe) And we have not yet made a decision on where we would play instead, as you probably noticed, Myth-Weavers is a thought, do you have an opinion or suggestion friend?

Actually the main thing that they don't want is a bunch of role playing and what is essentially fan fiction. As long as our posts aren't long winded IC posts and instead were only playing the game(the rpg rules are licensed by grrm) then we could theoretically host it here, though on mythweavers wed be out of their hair. I hosted Diplomacy in forum games. It depends on what format we end up using. I mean grrm himself is an avid tabletop gamer from what I've read

Still gotta dig my maps off my old hard drive but I'll have em soon oligarchy ;D

Well it depends on if everyone is playing or we use a GM hehe

A way I see it going is the opposite of what I did with my version of diplomacy, and go with the original way of everyone revealing turn orders at the same time and then solving them in some kind of order, possibly random. It would still require a rule master but they'd be a part of the game as well. The only really tricky part are secret actions like espionage and assassinations

I think that what he means if for example in the same turn someone sends an assassin to kill Tywin Lannister at King's Landing,and Tywin at that turn decides to go on an adventure,so would the assassin come before he leaves or after,and if he comes after Tywin leaves,could he find him

I am still in the process of trying to find time from my rather busy work schedule to think and write things down. Any suggestions on rules, where to host etc will be well received. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived