"Jumping" to last post read?

mnelson54321

Hi, I'm new here and was wondering if there's a setting I'm missing someplace where if I open a 50 page thread, if it will remember where I left off in that thread and the next time I open it, say it's 60 pages now, it'll take me back to the post on page 50 I last read?

Hi, I'm new here and was wondering if there's a setting I'm missing someplace where if I open a 50 page thread, if it will remember where I left off in that thread and the next time I open it, say it's 60 pages now, it'll take me back to the post on page 50 I last read?

I use "view new content" (below the search bar) and it gives me a list of recent topics. Next to each topic, there is a bullet (it's in star shape when you've writen in the thread) clicking it takes you to the last seen post.

Awesome. That worked. Sort of. :) I was up to page 64 in the S4E2 thread from my work laptop, but only page 55 on my home computer (I get a lot of work done at work, clearly) and the blue button took me to page 55. Close enough. Maybe that just means I should get more work done. HA!

There's a button to the left of "reply to this topic" called "go to first unread post". It does exactly what it says on the tin, but only appears if the thread is more than a page long. Simply open the thread on page 1 and click the button (which is more of a link than a button).

ETA: I didn't know about the other way. This way works if you're already in the thread, otherwise the other way sounds easier. :)

Archived