TTTNE425: Do it for Denmark!

Nerolunar

To Denmark! :cheers:

And, yes, I've been to Denmark countless times. My parents can literally see Denmark from their apartment. :)

Can't wait for Denmark hosting the Eurovision this year!

TCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC :wub:

How you doin' :leer:

Anyway Congratz Nero :cheers: (even though I thought LT won :dunno: ) Nero explained while I was posting.

Tried to change my av to Lego, but the avatar systems being sqiffy, and I only want to use Gravatar as a last resort I don't like cropping the image on my profile page.)

Hiiii TC! Nice to see you back!

TCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC :wub:

How you doin' :leer:

Hi guys! :kiss:

I'm around and do read TTTNE once in a while, it's just a little to fast for me to really follow along and I feel bad when I post and haven't had a chance to read back.

Cheers to everyone! :cheers:

Anyway Congratz Nero :cheers: (even though I thought LT won :dunno: ) Nero explained while I was posting.

Tried to change my av to Lego, but the avatar systems being sqiffy, and I only want to use Gravatar as a last resort I don't like cropping the image on my profile page.)

It seems to be working. I can see a big green hulk-like monster made of lego.

edit: I'm also changing my avatar to something a little more Danish, so please tell if it works.

I asked whhich title everyone thought was best in the last thread, thanks for your reply everyone!

I think the first one is the best of them too, since I don't really like any of the others... :(

Numero uno for me too :thumbsup:

I'd avoid anything Crowy, that's a GRRM trademark. First is my favourite, but I personally think it'd be better as just 'Dethroned.'

I like 'The Dethroned' as well.

eta: I second The BlackBear. 'Dethroned' sounds iconic, kind of like 'Wicked' has become.

I will put in a vote for "Dethroned" as well

Fragile Bird (lost your quote):

I also vote The Dethroned.

The first one, yes.

But remember to first think about how it sounds in your first language. :) Good luck!

The first it is :) That was my favorite as well. I don't know if I will go for 'The Dethroned' or simply 'Dethroned'.

Sounds interesting, Power is a theme in ASOIAF, too. I like them all, you need to see what will make YOURS stand out...

Personally I think it's very different, but I had the same concern as well. But there's no magic, the characters are universally gray (by which I mean no Joffreys or Briennes), it's of a smaller scale, and it focuses more on the differences between several wielders of power, and the effect said power has on them.

Sorry, I feel like these aren't quite it. I don't don't have a better answer. Since I don't, I'd agree with The Dethroned or dethroned, for now.

A Royal Quandry

Crown of Chaos

:rofl: But IIRC, YOU were the one who suggested King's End when we mailed each other! ( might be wrong though)

It's okay if you don't like them.

I have to admit I don't really like your suggestions, I think they sound very generic :( Sorry. (Then again, The Dethroned isn't that distinct as well, but I think it sounds more epic and covers the load of the book better.)

I like King's End. Succinct and to the point :D I like The End of Kings, as well but that is not an option ;)

The problem is that i't's pretty spoiler-y. Like 'The Return of the King', it basically reveal one of the things that happens at the end.

It seems to be working. I can see a big green hulk-like monster made of lego.

edit: I'm also changing my avatar to something a little more Danish, so please tell if it works.

Weird I still see Sad Hulk. No just changed

Still the anime dude as of right now.

The change being delayed has to do with chache memory of your browser, afaik. At least that is usually the problem for me.

I clean out the cache sometimes.

I have changed mine, do you see it?

I've had a thing for Mads Mikkelsen since he has on this awesome Danish crime show in the early 2000's.

Also, in celebration of Denmark: Only Teardrops.

ETA: I remember in High School my school (in Sweden) was doing an exchange with a school in Spain and I had this student staying with me. On one day all the Spanish students were going on a day trip to Copenhagen while we were in regular class, and the one thing my exchange student (Pedro) was really excited about was seeing the little mermaid statue. Only, that same morning I was reading the news and some vandal had knocked the statue off the base. I told the guy and he was disappointed at the super-bad timing but was happy that at least they found out on time... only when he told his teachers they just thought he wasn't interested and was making up the news story in order to avoid the long walk to its location. I wish I had been there to see the teachers faces when they reached the destination and the statue was nowhere to be seen...

ETA2: Personally, I don't really see the appeal. I would rather go to Tivoli.

ETA3: I really like the topic of this thread.

I asked whhich title everyone thought was best in the last thread, thanks for your reply everyone!

The problem is that i't's pretty spoiler-y. Like 'The Return of the King', it basically reveal one of the things that happens at the end.

Yeah, well it was among the alternatives you asked us about si I thought it was a viable option. Sometimes the ending isn't the most important part of a story, so I thought the story was going to have some other important lines and an ending that wasn't all about the princes. Why did you consider it?

The change being delayed has to do with chache memory of your browser, afaik. At least that is usually the problem for me.

I clean out the cache sometimes.

I have changed mine, do you see it?

I will try to clear my cache. Yep, you have a new avatar.

Edit: Didn't seem to work.

I've had a thing for Mads Mikkelsen since he has on this awesome Danish crime show in the early 2000's.

ETA: I remember in High School my school (in Sweden) was doing an exchange with a school in Spain and I had this student staying with me. On one day all the Spanish students were going on a day trip to Copenhagen while we were in regular class, and the one thing my exchange student (Pedro) was really excited about was seeing the little mermaid statue. Only, that same morning I was reading the news and some vandal had knocked the statue off the base. I told the guy and he was disappointed at the super-bad timing but was happy that at least they found out on time... only when he told his teachers they just thought he wasn't interested and was making up the news story in order to avoid the long walk to its location. I wish I had been there to see the teachers faces when they reached the destination and the statue was nowhere to be seen...

ETA2: Personally, I don't really see the appeal. I would rather go to Tivoli.

ETA3: I really like the topic of this thread.

Yay! Only Teardrops. I love that song. Also, there was a guy once who actually cut off the mermaid's head. Weird.

Congrats Nero! Morning spamlets! It's still chilly here. Mr. Fling is back. He started fussing right away about his whisky being half gone. "Somebody" drank most of it while he was out of town :leaving:

I'm glad to see him! I almost forget what he looks like on these long trips.

:leaves Easter eggs on the SNACK COUNTER OF REQUIREMENT:

Yeah, well it was among the alternatives you asked us about si I thought it was a viable option. Sometimes the ending isn't the most important part of a story, so I thought the story was going to have some other important lines and an ending that wasn't all about the princes. Why did you consider it?

I considered it because HC suggested it some time back, and it does have a nice ring to it. Of course the story has other important lines, and it's by no means all about the princes. Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it as an option when it's my least favorite possible title.

Hi guys! :kiss:

I'm around and do read TTTNE once in a while, it's just a little to fast for me to really follow along and I feel bad when I post and haven't had a chance to read back.

Cheers to everyone! :cheers:

Come flyby anytime!! Always nice to see you!

Good morning everyone. Lily, is your avatar a cat with clown pants? :rofl:

Zar - What is the ASOIAF Jeopardy? It sounds like a fun game.

I hope everyone is doing well. I've been just popping in, reading a bit, sometimes posting a brief post, and that's it. The spam is very fast and I sometimes don't read it all, sadly.

My shoulder has been bothering me lately. I must have slept on it badly. Or else I dreamed I was a linebacker or something. Anyway, when I use my mouse at work, it seems to get worse and worse. I went to the chiropractor on Tuesday and it feels a bit better. I also happen to have a TENS unit, which gives mild electrical pulses and thereby tires out the muscles. I've used it for hours the last two nights when I get home from work.

It still feels 'frozen' and achy. Maybe I'll go back to the chiropractor this afternoon ....

Congrats Nero!!!

This thread is not dedicated to the bizzare commercial, but to my lovely country Denmark, and its capital Copenhagen.

Have you ever been in Denmark/Copenhagen? If so, did you like it? :)

Well that's a shame :) I had my hopes high.

Never been to Denmark,want to visit.

Do they sell those in gift shops in Denmark?...I'm coming on the next plane.

Can't wait for Denmark hosting the Eurovision this year!

Me too!!! I love ESC...it's always fun to watch and comment :)

Hermione!!!

Yay! Only Teardrops. I love that song. Also, there was a guy once who actually cut off the mermaid's head. Weird.

Now that's just wrong imho. Why? You hate Hans K Andersen or what? Last summer when I was in Rome I went to St. Peter's to see Michelangelo's Pieta and the lady who was our guide told us how some guy once attacked it with a hammer and smashed face of Madonna...I was shocked...I love art and all that is beautiful and Pieta is not only beautiful; it's one of a kind,unique and incredible...I wanted to slow torture the guy with scented shoelace...or worse. I know it's a rant and there are far more important things in life than some statue but it really bothered me a lot. That guy is nobody,who gives him the right to destroy something timeless....something that touched so many people that gave joy and pleasure to so many people...something that lasted for so long??? I'll stop ranting now.

We should have another ASOIAF Jeopardy Game session... Quoth are you up for it?

I know he has worked on it some, but don't know how far he got.

Good morning everyone. Lily, is your avatar a cat with clown pants? :rofl:

Zar - What is the ASOIAF Jeopardy? It sounds like a fun game.

I hope everyone is doing well. I've been just popping in, reading a bit, sometimes posting a brief post, and that's it. The spam is very fast and I sometimes don't read it all, sadly.

My shoulder has been bothering me lately. I must have slept on it badly. Or else I dreamed I was a linebacker or something. Anyway, when I use my mouse at work, it seems to get worse and worse. I went to the chiropractor on Tuesday and it feels a bit better. I also happen to have a TENS unit, which gives mild electrical pulses and thereby tires out the muscles. I've used it for hours the last two nights when I get home from work.

It still feels 'frozen' and achy. Maybe I'll go back to the chiropractor this afternoon ....

It was played like jeopardy on tv, but with teams. Q, Pebs and I hosted/made up the "answers"

Hope your shoulder feels better soon :grouphug:

Alex and I made tie dyed Easter eggs

Archived