TTTNE425: Do it for Denmark!

Nerolunar

Rhae, don't worry what others will think about the vacation, and go if you want to go! These days, I wish I had spent more time with my aunts, uncles and cousins. And I miss the family vacations, we do that too seldom.

About the apartment, is it big enough for you, practically? I stayed a long time in very small apartments to pay my own way and later to save money. When I had a job I bought the place I live in now, which is bigger but not huge at all, but it involved a loan. As a student until just recently, are you paying for it yourself? If you are not then I think it's proper to consider the effort your father has put into it. If you are paying for it yourself, you can move without hesitation, imo.

thanks anyway Fefe :grouphug: i don't think she wants to talk to me , she's probably tired . why would anybody care about my stupid emotional shit anyway ? i'll survive the usual way : repress until you forget , until next time .

I care, because you're my fefe. I myself am very bad at repressing emotions, I usually just wallow around in them until I reach some sort of acceptance. But hey, whatever works.

Alright, everybody, dilemma time. This would belong to the First World Problems, if I was just whining, but I'm asking your opinion and I think that'd be off-topic'ing the First World Problems, so it ended up here.

A. Should I or should I not go on a family vacation (as in, my parents, my sister, my aunt and uncle and my cousin)? Because they did ask me if I want to go with them, and I know they'd like me to go. And it's not like I have anybody else to go on a proper vacation with right now, so it'd make sense and all. But... I dunno... our society kinda considers going on family vacations at this age kinda... "I'm single and pathetic". And... I don't think it should, but it does. Maybe not anywhere else, but here, it kinda does. I'm making this sound like the lamest 'dilemma' in the world, in fact there's no need for me to make it so, it IS in itself the lamest 'dilemma' in the world. Still... what do you guys think? Thanks in advance :grouphug:

B. I want to move. I want to move to a bigger apartment, but I feel like doing that might hurt my father's feelings who spent lots of time and energy and money on getting my current apartment ready. And I don't want to hurt his feelings or make him think I don't appreciate what I get, stuff like that. Again, what do you guys think?

Thanks in advance and sorry for bothering you lot with these stupid things I label as 'dilemmas' and thanks in advance if you tell me your opinions :grouphug:

I have one of those too!!! First world problems..you got to love them :)

Ok to answer yours first

A : There's no dilemma...if there's a chance to go to a vacation you take it...it's that simple. Who will tell you it's sad and pathetic...sad and pathetic police? No...no...no...my dear,vacation trumps...everything...(ok maybe I'm so tired now and aching for my vacation to start and in my head there is only one answer...seriously I'm at the point where I would go to a vacation with Victarion even :lol: but that's my humble opinion)

B : I can't give you better advice than this little story...Whenever I had problem where my and wishes of my parents collided my father would say to me "it's not about what I want it's about what you want,I'm proud of you no matter what and I only want you to be happy" and that's what's most important to your father too. He did all that for you cause he wants you to be happy...just talk to him.

And now my first world problem...So I'm going home for the vacation and there's my best friend's wedding (my husbands sister) I need to attend. I was looking for a perfect dress of course and it was extra important to me because I don't get to dress up nicely...ever...I work with kids and I'm always in sporty style and then I go home or to the mall and I continue with sporty style so this was a rare opportunity for me to really go all girly and by myself a nice elegant dress. Also,I've lost like 18 kg in last year and I am so happy stuff look good on me again and I wanted to show off a little (I know...I know...give poor girl a break). I found the dress and shoes and everything...and when I put everything on my outfit was lacking that wow quality...it was decent...but I don't want decent I want wow effect :( So now two days before my trip I'm sad. I don't know what to do, Hubby says he wants me to be happy and satisfied on the wedding so if I want it I should buy different dress. But I don't want to spend all that money again...it would feel irresponsible...even though I have it...that's not the point...I just don't like wasting money. So what do you guys think? Should I suck it up and wear what I have even though it's only mes or should I buy another more wow dress?

Hope your shoulder feels better soon

Alex and I made tie dyed Easter eggs

Thanks Lany. :kiss: Cute eggs!

Lany would you ever consider making a beholder hat?

Great idea, Zar. Would you wear it? I'm sure Lany could make a nice one.

A. Should I or should I not go on a family vacation (as in, my parents, my sister, my aunt and uncle and my cousin)? Because they did ask me if I want to go with them, and I know they'd like me to go. And it's not like I have anybody else to go on a proper vacation with right now, so it'd make sense and all. But... I dunno... our society kinda considers going on family vacations at this age kinda... "I'm single and pathetic". And... I don't think it should, but it does. Maybe not anywhere else, but here, it kinda does. I'm making this sound like the lamest 'dilemma' in the world, in fact there's no need for me to make it so, it IS in itself the lamest 'dilemma' in the world. Still... what do you guys think? Thanks in advance :grouphug:

In my opinion, I think you should go. Later in life you will never regret having spent time with your family. I'm not sure about the B. option. What comes to mind is "To Thine Own Self Be True".

That's my two cents. :grouphug:

And now my first world problem...So I'm going home for the vacation and there's my best friend's wedding (my husbands sister) I need to attend. I was looking for a perfect dress of course and it was extra important to me because I don't get to dress up nicely...ever...I work with kids and I'm always in sporty style and then I go home or to the mall and I continue with sporty style so this was a rare opportunity for me to really go all girly and by myself a nice elegant dress. Also,I've lost like 18 kg in last year and I am so happy stuff look good on me again and I wanted to show off a little (I know...I know...give poor girl a break). I found the dress and shoes and everything...and when I put everything on my outfit was lacking that wow quality...it was decent...but I don't want decent I want wow effect :( So now two days before my trip I'm sad. I don't know what to do, Hubby says he wants me to be happy and satisfied on the wedding so if I want it I should buy different dress. But I don't want to spend all that money again...it would feel irresponsible...even though I have it...that's not the point...I just don't like wasting money. So what do you guys think? Should I suck it up and wear what I have even though it's only mes or should I buy another more wow dress?

When in doubt, shop! :kiss:

Good evening. *curtsey*

Multipost and emoticon murder coming ...

I found this picture. So cool! Very interesting setup

Wow! That looks really interesting.

Tried to change my av to Lego, but the avatar systems being sqiffy, and I only want to use Gravatar as a last resort I don't like cropping the image on my profile page.)

It works! Cute.

Some of Denmark's best exported treasures 1,2,3 and my personal fav 4.

I cannot see what is so special in any of them ... I mean, I guess NCW is really good-looking, but the rest ... meh.

Is that fourth man the one that plays the finance advisor person?

ETA2: Personally, I don't really see the appeal. I would rather go to Tivoli.

Tivoli? :lol:

Now that's just wrong imho. Why? You hate Hans K Andersen or what? Last summer when I was in Rome I went to St. Peter's to see Michelangelo's Pieta and the lady who was our guide told us how some guy once attacked it with a hammer and smashed face of Madonna...I was shocked...I love art and all that is beautiful and Pieta is not only beautiful; it's one of a kind,unique and incredible...I wanted to slow torture the guy with scented shoelace...or worse. I know it's a rant and there are far more important things in life than some statue but it really bothered me a lot. That guy is nobody,who gives him the right to destroy something timeless....something that touched so many people that gave joy and pleasure to so many people...something that lasted for so long??? I'll stop ranting now.

I absolutely agree with you, ruining art is horrible. :(

The two things I flip out every time I read ASOIAF are 1. Joffrey cutting up the manuscript with those illuminations*, of which there were only 4 copies, according to Tyrion 2. the burning of Winterfell library - come on, could not he set a fire somewhere else? All those books ... :crying:

*I love illuminated manuscripts, probably my favourite art to look at. Once there was an exhibition of them in the national gallery and I could be there for hours ... sadly, they closed it down and I had to leave. :wub:

Lany would you ever consider making a beholder hat?

:shocked: What in seven hells ... ?!

Alright, everybody, dilemma time. This would belong to the First World Problems, if I was just whining, but I'm asking your opinion and I think that'd be off-topic'ing the First World Problems, so it ended up here.

A. Should I or should I not go on a family vacation (as in, my parents, my sister, my aunt and uncle and my cousin)? Because they did ask me if I want to go with them, and I know they'd like me to go. And it's not like I have anybody else to go on a proper vacation with right now, so it'd make sense and all. But... I dunno... our society kinda considers going on family vacations at this age kinda... "I'm single and pathetic". And... I don't think it should, but it does. Maybe not anywhere else, but here, it kinda does. I'm making this sound like the lamest 'dilemma' in the world, in fact there's no need for me to make it so, it IS in itself the lamest 'dilemma' in the world. Still... what do you guys think? Thanks in advance

B. I want to move. I want to move to a bigger apartment, but I feel like doing that might hurt my father's feelings who spent lots of time and energy and money on getting my current apartment ready. And I don't want to hurt his feelings or make him think I don't appreciate what I get, stuff like that. Again, what do you guys think?

A. Yep, going to a vacation with the family looks like you do not have a life etc. Same here. I still think it is okay to go, since, hey, it is a vacation. :P If you want to go, then do not let any sideeyey judgy people make you feel guilty about it. It is your family and nobody should be able to tell you not to spend time with them. If you are looking forward to going, then go for sure! ;)

(Where would you be going, if I might ask? ;) )

B. Cannot advise you on that, sorry ... are there things seriously wrong with your current apartment, so you can easily justify it to him?

And now my first world problem...So I'm going home for the vacation and there's my best friend's wedding (my husbands sister) I need to attend. I was looking for a perfect dress of course and it was extra important to me because I don't get to dress up nicely...ever...I work with kids and I'm always in sporty style and then I go home or to the mall and I continue with sporty style so this was a rare opportunity for me to really go all girly and by myself a nice elegant dress. Also,I've lost like 18 kg in last year and I am so happy stuff look good on me again and I wanted to show off a little (I know...I know...give poor girl a break). I found the dress and shoes and everything...and when I put everything on my outfit was lacking that wow quality...it was decent...but I don't want decent I want wow effect So now two days before my trip I'm sad. I don't know what to do, Hubby says he wants me to be happy and satisfied on the wedding so if I want it I should buy different dress. But I don't want to spend all that money again...it would feel irresponsible...even though I have it...that's not the point...I just don't like wasting money. So what do you guys think? Should I suck it up and wear what I have even though it's only mes or should I buy another more wow dress?

Is there any chance you return the one you have already bought and choose a new one from the same shop?

Yes, it does, Nero.

A :kiss: for my star and Cat. Okay. Two kisses.

.oO(Gosh. I'd love to kiss them both more than once 'cuz they're two of my best friends ever.)

:kiss: my King :kiss:

Thank you for those beautiful words,you always make me feel special :)

Is there any chance you return the one you have already bought and choose a new one from the same shop?

Nope :(

I always find it funny when someone mentions a Tivoli Gardens being a nice place. There's a luxury community near where I live called Tivoli Gardens.

As for why I find it funny, growing up this is the only Tivoli Gardens I knew of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tivoli_Gardens,_Kingston

One of the worst neighborhoods in Jamaica in terms of crime and poverty.

Thanks in advance and sorry for bothering you lot with these stupid things I label as 'dilemmas' and thanks in advance if you tell me your opinions :grouphug:

A: just go , you know you'll like it , i know you ;) i'd shove my foot up the ass of anybody who said that horrible thing about you .

B: are you sure you need/want a bigger apartment ? i mean you're not very large outside of my eyes :P and remember that bigger means more cleaning... anyway , if you really want to then i'm sure Mr. Bond would be Ok with it . he has a big heart :D

stop apologizing for saying things i want to hear.

also stop apologizing too much for nothing , that's my thing :P

Hey, potato. If you need to talk, feel free to drop me a PM.

thanks buddy , but i really don't want to open the gates to hell , i don't know how much is repressed down there and i don't want a flood .

:grouphug:

thanks kungs.

I care, because you're my fefe. I myself am very bad at repressing emotions, I usually just wallow around in them until I reach some sort of acceptance. But hey, whatever works.

Thanks Fefe :grouphug: i appreciate it . i'm not great at repressing either , i'm just very good at putting on a brave face during the day until there's no one around to see me ... i'm fucked up .

I have one of those too!!! First world problems..you got to love them

Ok to answer yours first

A : There's no dilemma...if there's a chance to go to a vacation you take it...it's that simple. Who will tell you it's sad and pathetic...sad and pathetic police? No...no...no...my dear,vacation trumps...everything...(ok maybe I'm so tired now and aching for my vacation to start and in my head there is only one answer...seriously I'm at the point where I would go to a vacation with Victarion even but that's my humble opinion)

B : I can't give you better advice than this little story...Whenever I had problem where my and wishes of my parents collided my father would say to me "it's not about what I want it's about what you want,I'm proud of you no matter what and I only want you to be happy" and that's what's most important to your father too. He did all that for you cause he wants you to be happy...just talk to him.

You first. :)

Is your outfit completely put together? Accessories and everything? Because a pretty bag or a pretty necklace can add that wow effect. If you're not sure about your outfit and don't want to spend a lot of money on another dress, I think it's a good option to try and find a piece of accessory that'll give the outfit that extra glam you want. But if you feel like that's not enough... Here's a piece of story from me. I saw an amazing dress on the internet for my prom, but it was only sold in the US. Very pretty, 40s-ish, but I wasn't gonna fly to the US to get it, or order a damn expensive dress for another damn lot of money (which might not even fit). So my mom suggested we find a tailor who'll make it for me with the changes I might want. We agreed and all, but the tailor totally screwed up my dress, it was awful and I hated it. This was one day before the prom. So I just threw a tantrum that I'll not wear this stuff and I'll just wear the cocktail dress I wore to a wedding the previous summer. But my mom knew I wasn't happy with that, so she and my sister went dress hunting for me while I was on the prom rehearsal. And they found this salon and took me there and I ended up having an amazing amazing amazing dress I loved and everybody praised on the prom. So I say if the accessories option is not satisfying enough, heed your husband and get a new dress. You can still wear this one for some occasion later :)

And thanks for much for your advice :) I kinda think he'd say the same... I'll see. Maybe I'll ask my mother what she thinks first. And this would be the time when I ask my grandma first... well, that's life. Oh, and do get some rest and vacation time during your trip, and stay away from considering a vacation with Victarion :D

@Kungs: That's exactly what I'd say to others too :D Things seem SO much easier from the outsider POV :cheers: Thanks for your opinion!

@Eyron: Finances... it's his money. I pay the bills, the repairmen and stuff in practice, but it's his money, since I don't have a job. It's not the money he'd have a problem with, if he had a problem with the whole thing. More like the emotional part, that he bought an apartment when I was baby so I would have a place to go when I go to college and renovated it and it was a part of his life plan for me and I wanna leave it behind and go my own way. And the attachment part. That this will loosen my attachment to them even more (and it's loosened enough for his liking already that I live alone) and he's 'losing' me. Or that's what I think he'd think. And thanks for your advice too :grouphug:

@Buck: Then it's not just here. Yeah, peers will say "Meh, she doesn't have a life". Though again, that's me worrying too much about what other (irrelevant) people think of me. Bad habit. Btw, my mother said it'll be either Italy or France, they haven't decided yet. Thanks for sharing your opinion :grouphug:

Thanks to potato and LadyQ for your advice too! :grouphug:

Love you guys, you are such wise and helpful and loving people.

Rhae, yes it is with jewellery and accessories and all...and it is meh... so I am considrring my options. Even hubby was puzzled when he saw it. He said it looked different when I tried it on in the store. Ahhhhhh tough life.

thanks Fefe :grouphug: but to be honest that was a bit misleading , i'd still win but i'm not angry and frustrated , i'm just sad and emotionally numb .

another :grouphug: just because

I'm going to a gymnasium tonight where its only £3.50 for two hours use of the equipment (obviously there are coaches supervising and other people there too). *feels healthy and energetic* Wish me luck all! :D

*ponders what to do first*

Awesome! Have fun!

a) go with your family. have FUN!

B) need to know more info first: why do you want to move? what is the difference in cost? can you afford the difference? Are you the one paying all the expenses? (should have asked that first). In addition to the rent, will the electricity/heating/cooling costs be more (bigger places usually do)? will it cost more to get to work/school/family? do you really need a bigger place?

Is it possible to return the first dress? That would get rid of the guilt factor

and when you go to buy the new one, wear the shoes and all so you can see it all together before getting it home

either way, I say go for the wow factor. You deserve it!! :love:

Hello all, how're you?

So Spring Break has started today, and i feel like i deserved a week off. :smug: :p

Rhae, yes it is with jewellery and accessories and all...and it is meh... so I am considrring my options. Even hubby was puzzled when he saw it. He said it looked different when I tried it on in the store. Ahhhhhh tough life.

Hi Koba love! :leer: :grouphug:

Rhae, take the vacation.

Most important thing about the apartment is this...who is paying for it and can you afford the new place? If you parents are paying for it and it doesn't meet your needs, then just talk to them. If you are paying for it and can afford to move, then I wouldn't worry about it so much.

Koba...that sucks! Don't they have a 30 day return policy?

Archived