#1 thing I want to see on this week's episode [spoilers]

I hope to see Stannis actually do something other than stand around in dark rooms looking mopey and depressed while Mel slithers around spouting mysterious religious clap-trap. That is all.

:agree: sfm.

Also, more Bran & co. (if they're in this ep).

Yeah, that's not happening. We see LS in finale, no way they ruin big season ending moment on random ep.

I don't think it's that big a deal, I think Jon being made LC is a bigger moment or LF's confession is WAY bigger than random psycho zombie hanging Freys. But like you I don't think this episode, though we may see the Bwb find her body. What I'd like to see is the Nymeria wolf dream since Arya is back in the RLs

I think LS reveal is the biggest plot twist in the book. Lady Catelyn Stark is not some 'random psycho zombie' .

This. I never understood the viewpoint that they need to show her actual resurrection in an anticlimactic way halfway through a random episode. It doesn't make any sense. She'll be in the finale or not at all.

I hope to see Stannis actually do something other than stand around in dark rooms looking mopey and depressed while Mel slithers around spouting mysterious religious clap-trap. That is all.

Thank you. I'm sick and tired, of how this show has ruined Stannis's character. It's driving me up the wall. I'm getting very tired, having to defend Stannis to people who haven't read the books!

Thank you. I'm sick and tired, of how this show has ruined Stannis's character. It's driving me up the wall. I'm getting very tired, having to defend Stannis to people who haven't read the books!

To be fair, what would you have done do with Stannis (not the Dragonstone storyline, Stannis himself) in Season 3? His character admittedly doesn't do much other than stand around in the first 3/4 of ASoS other than worry and fire off orders until Davos kicks him into gear. They actually gave him more content to work with, such as seeing Shireen.

If they made too much "new" content you'd see a lot of hate for not sticking to the books as well.

The thing is, at the end of S3, the decision was made to go to the wall. 2 episodes in we have seen no action on that front and it appears that Ep3 might have some AA information but they still won't be setting sail. Casual watchers who might have been interested surely must be wondering what is going on.

Sorry to disappoint, but we'll keep getting scenes like this until Stephen Dillane grows a perfectly twirlable mustache.

So what I'm hearing is that some fans would just like the show to fast forward to when Stannis actually does something worthy of getting behind him in the books.

It's E9 folks. That's when he shows up and does something heroic. All the stuff before that is him hanging around and stewing. Blame George if you wanted to see him doing tons of awesome stuff before then.

"Wedding have become more perilous than battles it would seem"

Stannis and Davos will discuss Joffrey's death in the episode, according to the preview, so they have no excuse not to put this in unless they are going out of their way to make Stannis humorless (which may very well be their intention, but I still have hope since he was funny in season two).

I also hope they correct my primary issue (at the moment) with the writing for Stannis. That issue being that he's not treating the Night's Watch problem with any urgency. He should be on a boat by now. He should be a man on a mission, brimming with newfound confidence. Instead, he's the same mopey wounded dog from season three.

Archived