#1 thing I want to see on this week's episode [spoilers]

I also hope they correct my primary issue (at the moment) with the writing for Stannis. That issue being that he's not treating the Night's Watch problem with any urgency.

Actually, I like that bit. Remember, in the books Jon also notes that Stannis could've arrived earlier. It's implied that he took his sweet time to get there.

So what I'm hearing is that some fans would just like the show to fast forward to when Stannis actually does something worthy of getting behind him in the books.

It's E9 folks. That's when he shows up and does something heroic. All the stuff before that is him hanging around and stewing. Blame George if you wanted to see him doing tons of awesome stuff before then.

Dude, he needs to go to Meereen and start fighting dragons with his bare hands like he did in the books.

But seriously, I like the idea of splitting book 3 into two seasons but it has had the unintended consequence of seriously slowing down some storylines. Bran and Stannis being at the forefront there.

They split book 3 into two seasons but rumour has it they want to show book 4 and 5 in just one season? Very strange.

The plan is to make 7 seasons, so they will have to fit the events from 4 books into three seasons. Seems like lots of cuts will be made.

Hi to all by the way. :)

Actually, I like that bit. Remember, in the books Jon also notes that Stannis could've arrived earlier. It's implied that he took his sweet time to get there.

Regardless, I feel it should reflect a change in attitude. I know it's too early to say from just his scenes in episode two, but I wish they turn it around in tonight's episode.

They split book 3 into two seasons but rumour has it they want to show book 4 and 5 in just one season? Very strange.

The plan is to make 7 seasons, so they will have to fit the events from 4 books into three seasons. Seems like lots of cuts will be made.

More like one and a half seasons since they will bet getting into books 4/5 this season. The thing is books 4/5 has so much fluff that can be eliminated and still portray a very streamlined adaption of those books. Cersei KL chapters, Briennes boring ass travelogues, trim down Ironborn storyline, Dornish storyline, edit down Jon, Dany, and Tyrion chapters. GRRM went crazy with world-building in those books. So it can be easily edited down.

I hope to see Stannis actually do something other than stand around in dark rooms looking mopey and depressed while Mel slithers around spouting mysterious religious clap-trap. That is all.

I agree but at the same time I don't want that something to be revealing their plans to go to the wall. I know they semi-ruined it in episode 310 but I believe most unsullied didn't fully pick up on that. I'm still hoping most people will be surprised when Stannis reaches the wall, as they should be.

More like one and a half seasons since they will bet getting into books 4/5 this season. The thing is books 4/5 has so much fluff that can be eliminated and still portray a very streamlined adaption of those books. Cersei KL chapters, Briennes boring ass travelogues, trim down Ironborn storyline, Dornish storyline, edit down Jon, Dany, and Tyrion chapters. GRRM went crazy with world-building in those books. So it can be easily edited down.

Yeah, I guess you're right. But they will still have to show two enormous books full of action (I assume) in two seasons. Not sure there will be enough time for that.

I just hope they won't cut down all the important storylines. Ironborn and Dornish must be there!

^^ Oh yeah, I forgot about that scene! Look at all the furor that exploded after Gran de Lys just told us about it, yikes. I always look forward to browsing all the episode reactions during the week between shows, but this week, I'm going to avoid any thread that has the word 'rape' in the title.

^^ Oh yeah, I forgot about that scene! Look at all the furor that exploded after Gran de Lys just told us about it, yikes. I always look forward to browsing all the episode reactions during the week between shows, but this week, I'm going to avoid any thread that has the word 'rape' in the title.

Then you won't be reading much I'm afraid. ^^

What I'm most looking forward : Arya and the Hound, Stannis, Sansa's escape.

What I'm definitely NOT looking forward : Jaime and Cersei (I feel a big nope coming).

Oh, how I disagree. That scene is one of my favorites and is pretty much the one I am most looking forward to in all of its bloody glory.

About the sept sex scene, it really does sound a lot more ambiguous than it's being talked about, based on what Gran de Lys and Ran have said.

Cersei demands Jaime avenge their baby boy and kill Tyrion. He kisses her in response and she kisses him back, the pulls away to look at Joff some more. Anger and lust grow over Jaime's face and he asks why the gods make him love a hateful woman, then he grabs her. They grapple, Cersei saying "Stop, stop! Jaime, no!" He wrestles her onto the floor and unzips etc. Now, all this time she is kissing him back, but she's hitting him with her fists against the chest and saying "It's not right."

That doesn't sound like he's 100% taking her against her will, not if she's kissing him back. It actually seems quite similar to his scene with her in 1x03 (albeit longer and more graphic). I guess we'll see tonight, though.

I hope to see Stannis actually do something other than stand around in dark rooms looking mopey and depressed while Mel slithers around spouting mysterious religious clap-trap. That is all.

Yeah, I'm getting sick of Dragonstone as well. It's only potential there. Potential for something better, but it just stays on a flatline.

About the sept sex scene, it really does sound a lot more ambiguous than it's being talked about, based on what Gran de Lys and Ran have said.

That doesn't sound like he's 100% taking her against her will, not if she's kissing him back. It actually seems quite similar to his scene with her in 1x03 (albeit longer and more graphic). I guess we'll see tonight, though.

I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to start two threads immediately:

1. What Jaime did IS rape, and here's why:

2. What Jaime did IS NOT rape, and here's why:

Those won't soak up all of the controversy, but surely, a lot of it?

I don't really care about that change at all because their relationship is so ridiculous and poisonous already and they've already crossed so many ethical lines...but I wish they didn't do it solely because I'm going to really goddamn hate having to spool through the violent backlash threads and posts.

Isn't that exactly how it goes down in the book?

I'm hoping someone will be kind enough to start two threads immediately:

1. What Jaime did IS rape, and here's why:

2. What Jaime did IS NOT rape, and here's why:

Those won't soak up all of the controversy, but surely, a lot of it?

Even one would suffice: 'A cordial discussion on Show Jaime and the sept scene.' Maybe the mods can crack down hard and only allow one thread on this for us all to avoid. I really don't want the forums to be mired in Jaime debates all week until 4x04 airs.

I don't really care about that change at all because their relationship is so ridiculous and poisonous already and they've already crossed so many ethical lines...but I wish they didn't do it solely because I'm going to really goddamn hate having to spool through the violent backlash threads and posts.

Pretty much this.

Archived