#1 thing I want to see on this week's episode [spoilers]

Why would be there such threads? I dont get it, people should already figure out this show is not a story for kids, it shows very serious and often dark stuff. Really can't understand how someone would feel offended. Its not like we'll be seeing a child being raped or whatever.

Why would be there such threads? I dont get it, people should already figure out this show is not a story for kids, it shows very serious and often dark stuff. Really can't understand how someone would feel offended. Its not like we'll be seeing a child being raped or whatever.

It's not that people would be offended by the content: it's that they think it would go against Jaime's character to have him rape someone.

I want(ed) to see Alester Florent's "Operation Valkyrie". It would bring some much needed momentum for Team Dragonstone, some action, intrigue and it would paint Stannis/Mel in a more favorable light to see them burning actual traitors.

But the thing I want to see the most is Balon Greyjoy walking across a bridge. An ironborn guard walks towards him, going in the opposite direction. It's kind of dark and cloudy so we don't see the guard's face very well. They meet at the center of the bridge. The guard doesn't move. Balon starts to say, "Get off my way, you...", but then the guard grabs hold of him, they struggle a bit, the bridge sways alarmingly, there's a long shot of the bridge and Balon falling to the sea.

The guard walks to the end of the bridge, turns around, and wee see Tom Wlaschiha smirking

I think the chances of Balon dying in the first half of this season are honestly pretty slim at this point. They'll likely move events back a bit and have him fall off a bridge in or around the finale (or even in early season 5) so that they can include the Kingsmoot in S5 and not have a disjointed, bloated Ironborn arc like the one we got in the books.

At least, that's what I hope will happen.

I think the chances of Balon dying in the first half of this season are honestly pretty slim at this point. They'll likely move events back a bit and have him fall off a bridge in or around the finale (or even in early season 5) so that they can include the Kingsmoot in S5 and not have a disjointed, bloated Ironborn arc like the one we got in the books.

At least, that's what I hope will happen.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I do want almost every episode this season to have a "holy shit" moment, and Jaqen killing Balon out of nowhere would be it

Ok, that won't happen until the last episode.

Is it possible that the Stoneheart reveal was shot during the filming of Season 3, but purposely left for this season?

It would be practical since all the actors are already there: Cat, Thoros, Anguy, some Frey weasel, etc, and they wouldn't need to reassemble the actors involved just for this one scene a year later. There's also an unused track on Season 3 soundtrack named "Dark Wings, Dark Words" that is so eerie, spooky, and sad... almost perfect for this scene.

Isn't that exactly how it goes down in the book?

Yes. It is.

There was no tenderness in the kiss he returned to her, only hunger. Her mouth opened for his tongue. "No," she said weakly when his lips moved down her neck, "not here. The septons . . ."

"The Others can take the septons." He kissed her again, kissed her silent, kissed her until she moaned. Then he knocked the candles aside and lifted her up onto the Mother's altar, pushing up her skirts and the silken shift beneath. She pounded on his chest with feeble fists, murmuring about the risk, the danger, about their father, about the septons, about the wrath of gods. He never heard her.

It might play out a little rougher in the episode than some people imagined, but it's all there.

Is it possible that the Stoneheart reveal was shot during the filming of Season 3, but purposely left for this season?

It would be practical since all the actors are already there: Cat, Thoros, Anguy, some Frey weasel, etc, and they wouldn't need to reassemble the actors involved just for this one scene a year later. There's also an unused track on Season 3 soundtrack named "Dark Wings, Dark Words" that is so eerie, spooky, and sad... almost perfect for this scene.

That's a great soundtrack, just looked it up, thanks. You might be right about them using it for this scene.

It's not that people would be offended by the content: it's that they think it would go against Jaime's character to have him rape someone.

Plus, there will inevitably be the 'no-means-no' anger (and ladies? I'm a woman, so, SIsterhood Mine, don't leap down my throat here!), whether this is a fictional world in a fictional story, or not. So, between those two factions, its gonna be a rough week for those of us who just want ordinary, simple things, like:

1. Stannis, I love you dear. But, do something!

2. Dany, repeat after me, ready? 'Drogon. VIserion. Rhaegal.' You can do it. Seriously.

Mr. Fixit: Bryan Cogman explicitly confirmed that no version of the ASOS epilogue was shot last year. When pressed for more details, he said he couldn't discuss in detail what we would/wouldn't be seeing in season 4.

Ah, well.

Though I still wonder what the hell that track was for.

Ah, well.

Though I still wonder what the hell that track was for.

Since it shares the same title as episode 2, I'm guessing it was originally supposed to be used in the scene where Robb and gang find out about Rickon and Bran. Or the Catelyn scene where she talks about Jon. IDK.

Well, I meant the talk Tyrion will have with Oberyn before the combat. So before we get to that there will be a normal trial right? So if you say their talk will take place in episode 7 that means the normal trial would last 4 episodes. I think there is not THAT much to show from the normal trial. Tyrion's speech, Shae's lies about him, some other people talking about him I guess. This shouldnt take 4 episodes imo.

Archived