Episode Predictions (Book Spoilers)?

We all know that something happens on the 9th episode, the first season was Ned's execution, the second was the Battle of Blackwater, the third was the Red Wedding, what do you think the fourth will be? I know it's a couple months away, but still. Personally, I think it could be Tywin's death, and parts of the Battle on the Wall, etc. I can't think of hat else happened at the end of ASOS, if anyone else has any predictions, I'd love to hear them for this episode.

• 2 weeks later...

We all know that something happens on the 9th episode, the first season was Ned's execution, the second was the Battle of Blackwater, the third was the Red Wedding, what do you think the fourth will be? I know it's a couple months away, but still. Personally, I think it could be Tywin's death, and parts of the Battle on the Wall, etc. I can't think of hat else happened at the end of ASOS, if anyone else has any predictions, I'd love to hear them for this episode.

The episode will take place entirely at the Wall for the Battle of Castle Black, just like the Blackwater episode. Tywin's death will be in episode ten.

It's pretty awesome that this thread was approved so early.

We've known for quite some time that this ep. would be entirely set during the battle. And now we know categorically that the Hands of Gold scene will be in episode ten (we'd guessed it anyways but Alex Graves confirmed that there would be a "confrontation" between Tyrion and Tywin in ep. 10, "the Children"). The weapons and training video, some Neil Marshall interviews and the ep. being called "the Watchers on the Wall" are confirmation enough that this will be a Blackwater style ep.

Stan, I think it will be way better than "Blackwater" because in terms of production the budget is way higher, meaning more wide shots of armies running etc, instead of all being tightly shot. Also Neil Marshall was brought in as a last-minute replacement for another director with Blackwater and only had a week or two to prepare, whereas this time he had months to prepare and D and D allowed him to come up with a lot of his own ideas. This info. I'm spouting came from a Neil Marshall in October or November IIRC.

I flit back and forth between what I think is best and what isn't, but yeah, Blackwater was great. Its production values btw were one of the reasons that that was the case. They funneled a shit-ton of S2's funds towards it specifically. Now their budget has increased and they've spread the money throughout the season but there's still been a helluva lot put into this particular episode. I really doubt we'll get mammoths, but giants, the battles from the south and north combined to raise the stakes (which I think was a good choice because I like this Craster's Keep invented stuff quite a bit), Ygritte biting it, some awesome duels and the Mannis arrival... It'll take names. The Children will be the best episode of the season though.

The bit I am looking forward to most is the charge of the knights making the save, the armour shimmering in the sun and against the snow. The Blackwater was good, but this battle under the sun and above the snow should be better.

Also possibly reactions from both sides as to who the hell this third force is.

Hope they judge the music well.

Yeah it will be action packed but damn, looking forward to great piece of dialogue in this episode as well... I wonder if the dialogue could be as intense as those of Blackwater !

The big Tech budget buster will show mammoths, giants and large scale battle. We will cheer for Stannis because the show is reinforcing that this guy has not had a break since he killed his own brother, Renly.

I flit back and forth between what I think is best and what isn't, but yeah, Blackwater was great. Its production values btw were one of the reasons that that was the case. They funneled a shit-ton of S2's funds towards it specifically. Now their budget has increased and they've spread the money throughout the season but there's still been a helluva lot put into this particular episode. I really doubt we'll get mammoths, but giants, the battles from the south and north combined to raise the stakes (which I think was a good choice because I like this Craster's Keep invented stuff quite a bit), Ygritte biting it, some awesome duels and the Mannis arrival... It'll take names. The Children will be the best episode of the season though.

Just curious, I've seen you commenting a lot about the show. What are your top 5 favourite episodes so far?

I really wish they keep the Mammoths. Come on guys, Mammoths on TV? Everyone would be so hyped just seeing them!

I think we'll see a few. I don't remember who said it, but one of the crew members said we're going to see an army unlike any we've seen before.

So we know we're going to have giants, as we've seen in the trailers, and hopefully we're going to have mammoths.

I really wish they'll keep the Mammoths. Come on guys, Mammoths on TV? Everyone would be so hyped just seeing them!

(Might explain why we haven't seen the dragons since Episode 1, since they've been saving for the Mammoths)

Or we might see Dany's "children" in Ep 10. I suspect that the simultaneous battles in this episode will be epic. I suspect that the young boy whose father Ygritte killed will be the source of the arrow that takes her life. I am looking forward to the Night's Watch kicking ass, I would also like to see why Melisandre does in this battle. I can't help but think of the time she told Davos that she was a knight of sorts. :) I also want to see Ghost's reaction to her (but I suspect we might have to wait for S5 to see that!). I, too, would like to see mammoths. :D

I really wish they'll keep the Mammoths. Come on guys, Mammoths on TV? Everyone would be so hyped just seeing them!

(Might explain why we haven't seen the dragons since Episode 1, since they've been saving for the Mammoths)

I think the Dragon budget went to the Direwolves this season. They seem to play a bigger role this season then having dragons fly around on screen. Though, Mammoths would be cool to see.

I think we got a little foreshadowing in 404 with the boy saying he was the best shot in his village. I would say its safe to say, he'll be the source of the Ygritte's "scene".

As for Throne, I would say he is safe. Jon still needs someone at the wall within the brotherhood to cause some problems

Ygritte will fall for sure, most likely at the hands of the boy. I hope Grenn doesn't fall but with no Donal Noye i can certainly see it hapening. Hope we see Mance before this episode though...

To be fair, we will need to have a few character casualties in this battle, seeing as Blackwater just gave us Davos' son (who we didn't really care about), and thousands of extras.

Obviously we have Ygritte and Styr, but i think having Thorne and Grenn will make it all the more epic/tragic

Archived