Episode Predictions (Book Spoilers)?

I'm pretty sure that for the TV audiences the "biggest" event of this season has to be the Battle of Castle Black. There are some notable deaths to happen but...

I agree with the opinion the Tywin dies in episode 10

Do you think we'll see Davos riding and fighting alongside Stannis?

I think the show might change his storyline and make him sailing to Eastwatch-by-the-Sea, then riding with Stannis' host to Castle Black and fighting with them in Episode 9 and then (in season 5) riding back to Eastwatch and travelling to White Habour(/Sweet Sister) - It's a detour, yeah, but why not?! :dunno:

Stannis could have the idea with Manderly in season 5, charges Davos with the mission at the season's beginning and maybe before this, we could see a Jon/Davos scene.

And I wouldn't mind seeing him at the Battle :) Maybe he's that?:

https://www.facebook.com/StannisBaratheonTheFirstOfHisName/photos/a.346351102105619.78114.345958372144892/591162660957794/?type=1&theater

I don't see Davos in that photo, but that doesn't mean he's not there. I would prefer if he wasn't though, in keeping with the books. :)

I don't see him, too, but this facebook user hit on that idea and maybe he's right... As long as we see him, Manderly and White Harbour next season, I'll be happy with everything :-)

The bit I am looking forward to most is the charge of the knights making the save, the armour shimmering in the sun and against the snow. The Blackwater was good, but this battle under the sun and above the snow should be better.

Also possibly reactions from both sides as to who the hell this third force is.

Hope they judge the music well.

Oh, yeah, I hope it! The music for "Blackwater" was so stunning, hopefully 4x09 will have some awesome soundtrack themes, too!

Is that Stannis on that white horse? Oh my! :P

This facebook user (I love his page!) thinks it could be Davos and this could be Stannis (on another white horse):

https://www.facebook.com/StannisBaratheonTheFirstOfHisName/photos/a.346351102105619.78114.345958372144892/591157464291647/?type=1&theater

But I don't think so, Stannis wouldn't carry his own banner (maybe it's the other way around? That would fit much better).

And I'm actually pretty sure he's the one from the trailer (on a brown horse) who slashs this Wildling... unless of course this guy wears a helmet, then it can't be Stannis :lol:

I not sure about Thorn dying just yet. I don't remember seeing Bowen Marsh yet so I think that Thorne will assume his role in Season 5. He might be the instigator of the revolt at the end of Season 5. Although I am hoping that Ser Janos gets his well deserved ending this season!

I am curious about the title 'The Children' - perhaps some reference to hostages Jon Snow takes to allow the Free Folk to come south of the Wall? Or perhaps Bran meeting with the Children of the Forest - only thing about that is he still has a long way to travel.

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but do you think they are combining the battle South of the Wall where Ygritte dies with the battle North of the Wall and Stannis arriving in to one big event for this episode? They were quite spaced out in the books, but it is looking likely with the distraction of the Craster's Keep mission atm.

^They are doing that. Neil Marshall said as much in the Autumn and it was confirmed in one of the recent featurettes, either the "directors" one or the "weapons and training" one. I think this is a good choice because it really raises the stakes and keeps the NW almost impossibly busy.

The King who cared.

Hopefully it will be as epic as Blackwater or perhaps even top that.

So, do you think that horses-and-carts conversation and Stannis' offer to Jon will be in this episode or Ep.10?

On a related note, do we know if the battle will take up pretty much the whole episode right until the end (like Blackwater) or if it'll be over earlier so we have time for some post-action stuff, like the abovementioned Jon-Stannis scene?

^They are doing that. Neil Marshall said as much in the Autumn and it was confirmed in one of the recent featurettes, either the "directors" one or the "weapons and training" one. I think this is a good choice because it really raises the stakes and keeps the NW almost impossibly busy.

Aaah thanks, I wondered if it might have been discussed in an interview somewhere. I agree it is a good choice, will be much more dramatic having the NW attacked from both sides.

I think that the siege and the attack from the south will happen simultaneously and then there will be lull after Styr and Tormund's group is defeated. Then Jon will stumble across Ygritte and they'll have their moment. This could be as late as forty minutes into the episode. Then Jon will go through the tunnel and meet with Mance and they'll talk and he'll realize that Mance won't accept their terms and would rather destroy them and go south as he pleases. Then Stannis will arrive and the wildling camp will scatter.

I think that the siege and the attack from the south will happen simultaneously and then there will be lull after Styr and Tormund's group is defeated. Then Jon will stumble across Ygritte and they'll have their moment. This could be as late as forty minutes into the episode. Then Jon will go through the tunnel and meet with Mance and they'll talk and he'll realize that Mance won't accept their terms and would rather destroy them and go south as he pleases. Then Stannis will arrive and the wildling camp will scatter.

Do you think Jon will be "sent" by Thorne/Slynt? They're drastically changing that part in the show, so how does the Jon-Mance parlay end up happening, do you reckon?

Well, if Thorne dies in his duel with Tormund then there would be no more "acting commander". For all we know the election will take place during the lull in the battle. If Jon was elected then maybe he'd send himself. Or maybe Slynt would claim to be acting commander then and order Jon to treat with Mance. Or maybe Jon will volunteer because he's already met Mance and thinks he can reason with him. We shall see.

Well, if Thorne dies in his duel with Tormund then there would be no more "acting commander". For all we know the election will take place during the lull in the battle. If Jon was elected then maybe he'd send himself. Or maybe Slynt would claim to be acting commander then and order Jon to treat with Mance. Or maybe Jon will volunteer because he's already met Mance and thinks he can reason with him. We shall see.

Sure, the possibilities are endless. Thought you might have a solid theory/insider info. You seem so in the loop :P

I'd have to disagree that Thorne dies, though. I know it's popular opinion, and would be a great death, but The Lord Commander conflict has been set up so nicely with ep. 4's comment by Slynt. It'd be a wasted opportunity. Plus, who knows what Thorne still has to do ;)

What is this duel with Tormund that you speak up?

I really hope the ending is 'Stannis! Stannis!' moment. It would parallel his defeat in the ending of Blackwater nicely.

Jep, I also hope this will be the ending and the parallel with his defeat and Tywin's surprising arrival would be great!

I think, Jon will have his "The Wall is yours, Jon Snow!" hero moment like Tyrion had his "soldiers cyring "Halfman! Halfman!"" moment in "Blackwater" and Stannis'll have an amazing deus-ex-machina-like moment (for the NW members, I think, it really felt like a DEM) like Tywin had in the same episode (remember: Cersei was ready to poison Tommen and herself, but in the last moment her father shows up, rides self-confidently in the throne room, Loras doffs his helmet [so the show watchers understand suddenly, ah okay, these fighing guys are Tyrell army], Tywin says, the battle's over, they've won, he saves the day, Cersei’s happy, epic "Rains of Castamere" music).

I'm hoping, we'll see Stan saving the day, riding self-confidently and badass-stylish to the NW, surprising them with his presence, saying some epic sentence after the battle's won, incredible-awesome music theme (extra for him and this episode) :cool4:

So, this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1zViyQLor4 But longer, and instead of Stannis screaming "Stand and fight! Stand and fight! Damn you! NOOOO!!!" and being forced to flee and his emenies celebrating their victory; this time Stannis will be the "Deus" in "Deus ex machina" :commie:

And yeah, Imo, the Jon/Stannis conversation on the Wall would be a very good scene for 4x10 (Episode 9 should end with a climax, the battle's aftermath is better something for the next episode).

The season would end for them with making together the first plans for the wildlings and thinking about the future, Stannis says his super-famous, very important quote and Jon's season's end would be him thinking about the offer, if the should become Lord of Winterfell or not.

^ That's my dream for these episodes ^_^ Maybe too optimistic :frown5: ... but I'll wait and see...

Archived